Law BANS Somalilander women from marrying non-Somalilander men

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hy live in southeastern aynabo which isn't far away from buhoodle district borders+they border each other in Ethiopia nalaye ahmed in Lascanood district dont border hy they border jamac siyaad who borders hy they only start bordering in xudun but they never mixed there to begin with sanaag is where they use to mix with
Who makes the Most Money...

If I’m not mistaken, the HY in Hawd are only seasonal since there is no permanent water resources on their side of the Hawd. So they are only in Hawd during the raining season. However, Reer Hawd Dhulbahante, Marehan, Leelkase and Ogaden all share the same wells in Ethiopia during the dry season. The survey therefore isn’t that representive.

I'm not sure what u mean sxb. Do u mean HY don't have permanent settlements in hawd?

World

VIP
I'm not sure what u mean sxb. Do u mean HY don't have permanent settlements in hawd?
What I mean is that Reer Hawd and other Darood sub clans share the same resources in the dry season and intermix much more, yet according to that survey, the HY who hardly have that much interactions in Hawd with Dhulbahante (since they don’t have any permanent water resources beyond the borders with Somaliland) intermarry much more with each other.

Lewis shouldn’t be used to determine clan information etc since in the end of the day he’s an Cadaan and unreliable. He said that Gadabursi and Ciise are Oromos, and that Hawiye are not Somali if I’m not mistaken.

What I mean is that Reer Hawd and other Darood sub clans share the same resources in the dry season and intermix much more, yet according to that survey, the HY who hardly have that much interactions in Hawd with Dhulbahante (since they don’t have any permanent water resources beyond the borders with Somaliland) intermarry much more with each other.

Lewis shouldn’t be used to determine clan information etc since in the end of the day he’s an Cadaan and unreliable. He said that Gadabursi and Ciise are Oromos, and that Hawiye are not Somali if I’m not mistaken.

I'm pretty sure the Habar Yoonis share resources with the other clans during the dry season. The infamous Guba poems started because a Habar Yoonis man who was watering his camels at Walwaal, not far from Wardheer, refused to let Cali Dhuux, a Dhulbahante, water his camels. Then Cali Dhuux composed the famous poem 'Doqonkii Ogaadeen'. I'm using this as evidence to show that the HY water with the other clans, not as cheap tribal points wallahi.

From what I know the Habar Yoonis have been pushed back since those times by the Ogaadeen and the border is now at Dannood.

World

VIP
I'm pretty sure the Habar Yoonis share resources with the other clans during the dry season. The infamous Guba poems started because a Habar Yoonis man who was watering his camels at Walwaal, not far from Wardheer, refused to let Cali Dhuux, a Dhulbahante, water his camels. Then Cali Dhuux composed the famous poem 'Doqonkii Ogaadeen'. I'm using this as evidence to show that the HY water with the other clans, not as cheap tribal points wallahi.

From what I know the Habar Yoonis have been pushed back since those times by the Ogaadeen and the border is now at Dannood.
I didn’t know that. I thought the situation today was how it was in the pre-colonial times. Now most HY only graze their camels in Hawd during the dry seasons and water them in Somaliland or the border regions.

I didn’t know that. I thought the situation today was how it was in the pre-colonial times. Now most HY only graze their camels in Hawd during the dry seasons and water them in Somaliland or the border regions.

Seems like you know more about the region than I do, so you're probably right sxb.

World

VIP
Seems like you know more about the region than I do, so you're probably right sxb.
I remember reading that the HY took Hawd from the Ogaden in the late 19th early 20th century so you’re most likely right. Even Danood today is shared between Khalid (Dhulbahante) and Makahiil(Ogaden), so that’s why I’m surprised.

Merca

Inactive.
Sxb, Duchess is being sensationalist with that title. Reer waqooyi women can marry a man from any clan and many do, some even from my own family, and they live in Hargaysa. The law says that such men will not become Somaliland citizens. This is a way to prevent non-Somaliland clans from gaining political power though voting or running in elections, and it was a law that was always there, it's not new. I don't agree with it, but it's not as crazy as Somalilander women being banned from marrying non-Somalilander men as the title says.
What will happen to the children from such unions? They’ll inherit their father’s clan so would they be able to become Somalilanders and gain political power?

EDIT: never mind, I saw the other comments

What will happen to the children from such unions? They’ll inherit their father’s clan so would they be able to become Somalilanders and gain political power?

No, they wouldn't be Somaliland citizens and thus wouldn't be able to gain political power.

Who the f*ck wants to be a Somaliland citizen anyway? :russ:

lol Unless someone was trying to run for some political office I don't see how it could possibly matter. As a Somali of any clan u can live, buy land, go to school, build a house, marry a local and start a business in Somaliland without being a citizen.

Cotton Eyed Joe

More law, less justice.
VIP
lol Unless someone was trying to run for some political office I don't see how it could possibly matter. As a Somali of any clan u can live, buy land, go to school, build a house, marry a local and start a business in Somaliland without being a citizen.
If anything it says something about the status of women in Somaliland but being denied "citizenship" in Somaliland shouldn't cause an uproar, it should be ridiculed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending