J1 update (Big Y)! Could some Hartis be relatives of the Yemeni/Saudi tribe Khawlan?

Discussion in 'Anthropology & Genetics' started by ladySomal206, Sep 10, 2019.

1. Tukraq

Tukraq

Ratings:
    +8,686
    women take both maternal lines through the XX right?

• Like Like x 1
  2. ladySomal206

ladySomal206

Ratings:
    +73
    We lack the ydna so when we check our paternal roots we have to have a Brother or father do so. Women are xx where men have xy.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ladySomal206

ladySomal206

Ratings:
    +73
    :yacadiim: :drakelaugh:

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. ladySomal206

ladySomal206

Ratings:
    +73
    :russ: Some crazy person will probably do it sooner or later! They’ve done it to mummies he’s no exception.

5. EDsomali

EDsomali Dheeftiinu Waa Calan

Ratings:
    +1,668
    The T in Somalis comes from South Arabia 2000 years ago not from a recent Arab.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Apollo

Apollo Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +34,676
    I'd say there's a 40% chance that the Nile Valley route may still be proven later on with more samples. 60% chance South Arabian. It's not fully settled.

7. Prince Abubu

Prince Abubu

Ratings:
    +13,831
    So you think the T-haplogroup was recent enough to be linked to the Elamites?

8. Apollo

Apollo Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +34,676
    Nooope, I meant during early Neolithic times when it started moving West into the Levant and then to Egypt and Arabia. If I had to guess, I'd wager those guys spoke proto-Elamite related languages (not Elamite itself), but this is ages ago.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Cuneo

Cuneo

Ratings:
    +67
    Yes, definitely a Mesopotamian language. Most likely Proto Elamite or proto Sumerian.

Haplogroup T is still an important lineage among modern Assyrians (native Mesopotamians) whose ancestors language shifted from Akkadian (east Semitic) to old Aramaic (central Semitic) during the Neo Assyrian empire.

• Informative Informative x 2
  10. Prince Abubu

Prince Abubu

Ratings:
    +13,831
    Elamites weren't Indians man, they were Ancient Iranians (before the Indo-Europeans). Also, that's a whole lot of conjecture.

@Apollo @Cuneo
    If Somalis with T1a are related to Elamites/Mesopotamians, then how come South Cushites also have the subclade? Why is it so low and wide-spread?

11. Cuneo

Cuneo

Ratings:
    +67
    From what I understand T1a among non Somali Cushites was inherited from the ancestral proto Cushites. It was most likely a minor lineage among the early Cushites and not necessarily acquired through back migration since T1a has been present in North Africa for at least 10,000 years.

Somalis belong to a different subclade that seems to have been introduced quite recently which makes it more confusing.

12. Prince Abubu

Prince Abubu

Ratings:
    +13,831

Oh, so the subclades found in Dir (and I'm assuming Garxajis as well?) is different to the one found in other east African communities. That's interesting. Is there any research currently being done on this, or is all dependent on individual Y-Full DNA tests?

13. Cuneo

Cuneo

Ratings:
    +67
    Neighboring Cushitic communities such as Saho and Oromo do not carry the “Somali specific” subclade. Only some Djiboutian Afar who are most likely descendants of assimilated Somalis.

There are many questions that need to be answered.

For instance, do T1a carrying Somalis have additional Eurasian DNA given the recent introduction of this subclade?

14. The alchemist

The alchemist

Ratings:
    +5,177
    How recent?

15. EDsomali

Ratings:
    +1,668

Somali autosomal DNA is the same amongst Somalis with T and those without it.

T was the product of an assimilated South Semitic population that lived in Northern Somalia before Somalis migrated from the South.

• Informative Informative x 3
  16. Cuneo

Cuneo

Ratings:
    +67
    We don’t know for sure.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Prince Abubu

Prince Abubu

Ratings:
    +13,831

Any Proof for this? Why is T1a practically non-existent in the Arabian Peninsula (particularly Yemen) then?

There's still a lot to learn about this haplogroup. It is severely under-researched compared to other y-haplogroups.

18. Prince Abubu

Prince Abubu

Ratings:
    +13,831
    I was referring to the Kenyans and Tanzanians that have T-haplogroup.

Nothing in my 23andMe autosomal DNA results indicated that I have more Eurasian ancestry. But I did notice higher levels of Neanderthal variants in T-haplogroup carriers, if that's something.

19. Balaayo

Balaayo

Ratings:
    +245
    Could that mean the proto Maxa tiri speakers picked up the kh, c, x sounds from these assimilated South Semites when they migrated North

20. EDsomali

Ratings:
    +1,668
    No.

Those sounds are not from South Semitic speakers.

Kh is from Arabic though, the rest are Somali and present in other Cushitic languages.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted