Genetics J1 update (Big Y)! Could some Hartis be relatives of the Yemeni/Saudi tribe Khawlan?

Tukraq

VIP
I think women take their moms maternal line only. Only men carry their fathers paternal line. Women do not. Sheikh darod if he had girls wouldn’t pass his ydna to them. They would take their mothers only. His sons would have his ydna and his wife’s maternal Dna. I’m not an expert but know for sure that his daughters would carry the Somalia maternal dna. His boys would always pass down his ydna to only his boys.
women take both maternal lines through the XX right?
 
Shiekh Isaaq is odd. Due to Isaaq being langaab, we claimed ourselves a subclan under Dir during the unification of British/Italian SL.

We claim that Shiekh Isaaq was Arab from Iraq who also somehow had Banu Hashim origins throughout Fatima. Again, I do believe he did exist and did actually come from Iraq as his books about his travels throughout Arabia is widely available in the Middle East.

Do I believe he was Banu Hashim? Hell no lmao. That dude was a Arabized Assyrian. :chrisfreshhah:








(Maybe the T1a subclade in Garxajis/Habar Habusheed is actually from Iraq via Shiekh Isaaq. I could claim Assyrian badass history that way. Way better then being Banu Hashim lol.)
:yacadiim: :drakelaugh:
 
It's the exact same sub-clade as the Dir have though.. this is why I am especially skeptical of his existence.

Only way to settle this if somebody does Ancient DNA testing on their graves. Maybe in a few decades from now some crazy fuck might do it.
:russ: Some crazy person will probably do it sooner or later! They’ve done it to mummies he’s no exception.
 
Shiekh Isaaq is odd. Due to Isaaq being langaab, we claimed ourselves a subclan under Dir during the unification of British/Italian SL.

We claim that Shiekh Isaaq was Arab from Iraq who also somehow had Banu Hashim origins throughout Fatima. Again, I do believe he did exist and did actually come from Iraq as his books about his travels throughout Arabia is widely available in the Middle East.

Do I believe he was Banu Hashim? Hell no lmao. That dude was a Arabized Assyrian. :chrisfreshhah:








(Maybe the T1a subclade in Garxajis/Habar Habusheed is actually from Iraq via Shiekh Isaaq. I could claim Assyrian badass history that way. Way better then being Banu Hashim lol.)
The T in Somalis comes from South Arabia 2000 years ago not from a recent Arab.
 

Apollo

Staff Member
Moderator
The T in Somalis comes from South Arabia 2000 years ago not from a recent Arab.
I'd say there's a 40% chance that the Nile Valley route may still be proven later on with more samples. 60% chance South Arabian. It's not fully settled.
 
:lol: You must know that it was before modern Persians. They spoke an extinct proto-Dravidian related language back then. See this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elamo-Dravidian_languages

Check out this new study. It confirms that ancient Iranians and Dravidians (Indus Valley civilization) were connected.

https://www.cell.com/cell/fulltext/S0092-8674(19)30967-5

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
So you think the T-haplogroup was recent enough to be linked to the Elamites?
 

Apollo

Staff Member
Moderator
So you think the T-haplogroup was recent enough to be linked to the Elamites?
Nooope, I meant during early Neolithic times when it started moving West into the Levant and then to Egypt and Arabia. If I had to guess, I'd wager those guys spoke proto-Elamite related languages (not Elamite itself), but this is ages ago.
 
Nooope, I meant during early Neolithic times when it started moving West into the Levant and then to Egypt and Arabia. If I had to guess, I'd wager those guys spoke proto-Elamite related languages (not Elamite itself), but this is ages ago.
Yes, definitely a Mesopotamian language. Most likely Proto Elamite or proto Sumerian.

Haplogroup T is still an important lineage among modern Assyrians (native Mesopotamians) whose ancestors language shifted from Akkadian (east Semitic) to old Aramaic (central Semitic) during the Neo Assyrian empire.
 
Why am I taking so much L's in September, first I am Indian and now my clan are actually just a subclan of Dir. :ileycry:
Elamites weren't Indians man, they were Ancient Iranians (before the Indo-Europeans). Also, that's a whole lot of conjecture.

@Apollo @Cuneo
If Somalis with T1a are related to Elamites/Mesopotamians, then how come South Cushites also have the subclade? Why is it so low and wide-spread?
 
Elamites weren't Indians man, they were Ancient Iranians (before the Indo-Europeans). Also, that's a whole lot of conjecture.

@Apollo @Cuneo
If Somalis with T1a are related to Elamites/Mesopotamians, then how come South Cushites also have the subclade? Why is it so low and wide-spread?
From what I understand T1a among non Somali Cushites was inherited from the ancestral proto Cushites. It was most likely a minor lineage among the early Cushites and not necessarily acquired through back migration since T1a has been present in North Africa for at least 10,000 years.

Somalis belong to a different subclade that seems to have been introduced quite recently which makes it more confusing.
 
From what I understand T1a among non Somali Cushites was inherited from the ancestral proto Cushites. It was most likely a minor lineage among the early Cushites and not necessarily acquired through back migration since T1a has been present in North Africa for at least 10,000 years.

Somalis belong to a different subclade that seems to have been introduced quite recently which makes it more confusing.

Oh, so the subclades found in Dir (and I'm assuming Garxajis as well?) is different to the one found in other east African communities. That's interesting. Is there any research currently being done on this, or is all dependent on individual Y-Full DNA tests?
 
Oh, so the subclades found in Dir (and I'm assuming Garxajis as well?) is different to the one found in other east African communities. That's interesting. Is there any research currently being done on this, or is all dependent on individual Y-Full DNA tests?
Neighboring Cushitic communities such as Saho and Oromo do not carry the “Somali specific” subclade. Only some Djiboutian Afar who are most likely descendants of assimilated Somalis.

There are many questions that need to be answered.

For instance, do T1a carrying Somalis have additional Eurasian DNA given the recent introduction of this subclade?
 
Neighboring Cushitic communities such as Saho and Oromo do not carry the “Somali specific” subclade. Only some Djiboutian Afar who are most likely descendants of assimilated Somalis.

There are many questions that need to be answered.

For instance, do T1a carrying Somalis have additional Eurasian DNA given the recent introduction of this subclade?
How recent?
 
Neighboring Cushitic communities such as Saho and Oromo do not carry the “Somali specific” subclade. Only some Djiboutian Afar who are most likely descendants of assimilated Somalis.

There are many questions that need to be answered.

For instance, do T1a carrying Somalis have additional Eurasian DNA given the recent introduction of this subclade?

Somali autosomal DNA is the same amongst Somalis with T and those without it.

T was the product of an assimilated South Semitic population that lived in Northern Somalia before Somalis migrated from the South.
 
Somali autosomal DNA is the same amongst Somalis with T and those without it.

T was the product of an assimilated South Semitic population that lived in Northern Somalia before Somalis migrated from the South.

Any Proof for this? Why is T1a practically non-existent in the Arabian Peninsula (particularly Yemen) then?

There's still a lot to learn about this haplogroup. It is severely under-researched compared to other y-haplogroups.
 
Neighboring Cushitic communities such as Saho and Oromo do not carry the “Somali specific” subclade. Only some Djiboutian Afar who are most likely descendants of assimilated Somalis.

There are many questions that need to be answered.

For instance, do T1a carrying Somalis have additional Eurasian DNA given the recent introduction of this subclade?
I was referring to the Kenyans and Tanzanians that have T-haplogroup.

Nothing in my 23andMe autosomal DNA results indicated that I have more Eurasian ancestry. But I did notice higher levels of Neanderthal variants in T-haplogroup carriers, if that's something.
 
Somali autosomal DNA is the same amongst Somalis with T and those without it.

T was the product of an assimilated South Semitic population that lived in Northern Somalia before Somalis migrated from the South.
Could that mean the proto Maxa tiri speakers picked up the kh, c, x sounds from these assimilated South Semites when they migrated North
 
Could that mean the proto Maxa tiri speakers picked up the kh, c, x sounds from these assimilated South Semites when they migrated North
No.

Those sounds are not from South Semitic speakers.

Kh is from Arabic though, the rest are Somali and present in other Cushitic languages.
 
Top