J1 update (Big Y)! Could some Hartis be relatives of the Yemeni/Saudi tribe Khawlan?

I told him to do it too. It would be nice to have a Somali E-V16/E-M281 sample on yfull.

Barely anything is known about this rare haplogroup which only a few people carry.

E1b1b-tree.png

Hopefully, some rich Saudi Arabs with the haplogroup also do the Full Y.

I talked to one J-M267 guy and two J1s on 23andme. J-M267 was Warsangeli and the other 2 were Arab Salah. Surprisingly they were all close to 100% Somali, I thought Arab Salah were Yemenis :whoo:

How many generations would it take to score 90% + Somali

What is interesting is that your J1 does not match the J1 of the Jeberti / Jabarti tribe of Eritrea. People often link this Jeberti tribe to the Al-Jabarti name of the Darod. Seems like that theory is now also debunked.

Eritrean Jeberti J1: https://www.yfull.com/tree/J-Z18258/

Yours: https://www.yfull.com/tree/J-ZS5383/

5d4iK1B.png

Not the same 'tribe' so to speak.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeberti_people

Interesting :hmm:

You know I have now idea what’s going on but we talked to an admin in the J1 4924 Arab group who reached out to advice us to upload our big Y data to yfull and he was willing to pay for it ( we declined lol). He explained we were supposedly Jahm banu Jabr khawlan or something. No idea if that has any connects to the al jaberti people are talking about. There are so many tribes but at the end of the day they all come form the main J hablogroup . Plus bari and Sanaag where my great grandfather was from is a boat ride from Yemen lol.

We need to have more folks to take the test to see if it matches our oral genealogical history. If not we got to figure out with scientific advances.

Timo Jareer and proud

2nd Emir of the Akh Right Movement
:lol: You must know that it was before modern Persians. They spoke an extinct proto-Dravidian related language back then. See this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elamo-Dravidian_languages

Check out this new study. It confirms that ancient Iranians and Dravidians (Indus Valley civilization) were connected.

https://www.cell.com/cell/fulltext/S0092-8674(19)30967-5

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
IM INDIAN?! FUUCKIIINNG HEELLL FAM NO WAY?! SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIEEET! :mjcry::mjcry::mjcry::mjcry::mjcry::mjcry::mjcry::mjcry::mjcry::mjcry::mjcry:

Tukraq

VIP
Not all Warsangelis are J1. I think possibly even a minority of them are J1, the majority are probably E1b1b1. Many Warsangeli results come back with E.

Seemingly some J1 tribe has spread into parts of the Harti area.

I don't think it proves the Darod is Banu Hashim theory. It is most likely some other unknown merchant that was incorporated into certain subclans.
the daarod story is about some banu hashim that was incorporated into somalia:manny:

@Raage He’s an arab guy in Saudi. It’s just $50 bucks. He probably wants connect too. Big Ys help many people make their own connections. It’s also great for research purposes too. You’d be surprised how many people are in certain projects on family tree Dna, sometimes several thousands, we have just 55 in the Somali project smh.
:zhqjlmx::ohlord:

the daarod story is about some banu hashim that was incorporated into somalia:manny:

Your absolutely right. If that theory is debunked a lot of people are gonna have identity issues!
:reallymaury: :jcoleno:

why are a majority Darod and Hawiyas E-V32/E1b1b1 and so far Only SOME Darods in particular, warsingilis, mjs and dhulos have these so called “Arab” lineages? Maybe not “Banū Hashim” but definitely “Arab. Maybe darood was daud from egypt lol?
:chrisfreshhah:

There are some Yemenis with some E hablogroups but folks are saying they are originally from Africa. Confusing stuff.

Apollo

VIP
He’s an arab guy in Saudi. It’s just $50 bucks. He probably wants connect too. Big Ys help many people make their own connections. It’s also great for research purposes too. You’d be surprised how many people are in certain projects on family tree Dna, sometimes several thousands, we have just 55 in the Somali project smh.
:zhqjlmx::ohlord:

It's because of the price of these tests and Gulf Arabs are rich. I think many of those Yemenis doing Big Y are actually Saudi or UAE (GCC countries) etc citizens.

There are some Yemenis with some E hablogroups but folks are saying they are originally from Africa. Confusing stuff.

It depends on the subclade. Some E subclades have been in Arabia for thousands of years, especially variants of E-M123, E-M34, some subtypes of E-V12(xV32), E-V22(xV3262), E-CTS10880 (xV6, xM293).

But Somalis mostly only have E-Y18629 which is specific to Somalis and definitely did not come from an Arab man.

It's because of the price of these tests and Gulf Arabs are rich. I think many of those Yemenis doing Big Y are actually Saudi or UAE (GCC countries) etc citizens.

I agree they have so many Arab projects it’s crazy. Most tribes don’t have borders so You can find them all across. Khawlan are mainly Saudi based on these test but thats maybe because Yemenis haven’t taken as much. It’s well known that the true Arab descend from Yemen. So far those two you mentioned are mainly the test takers. Money, money, money moneeeeaaayy!!

It depends on the subclade. Some E subclades have been in Arabia for thousands of years, especially variants of E-M123, E-M34, some subtypes of E-V12(xV32), E-V22(xV3262), E-CTS10880 (xV6, xM293).

But Somalis mostly only have E-Y18629 which is specific to Somalis and definitely did not come from an Arab man.

I was told the E hablogroup and J hablogroup eventually link 40,000 years back! I mean all humans do eventually come from Adam lol.

Apollo

VIP
I was told the E hablogroup and J hablogroup eventually link 40,000 years back! I mean all humans do eventually come from Adam lol.

More around 68,500 years ago, :lol:, and Y-chromosomal Adam (linking all males alive today) is like 235,900 years ago. :whew:

I think J1 likely originated in the Caucasus region rather than Arabia. It was spread southwards about 6,000 years ago with the proto-Semites moving from the Levant into Arabia.

More around 68,500 years ago, :lol:, and Y-chromosomal Adam (linking all males alive today) is like 235,900 years ago. :whew:

I think J1 likely originated in the Caucasus region rather than Arabia. It was spread southwards about 6,000 years ago with the proto-Semites moving from the Levant into Arabia.

so, u guys that believe in evolution also believe in adam and eve? who were the parents of adam ? were they semi ape (heidelbergensis or ergastor) ?

Interesting :hmm: makes sense we all moved about and there’s so much information out there. We want to learn by scientific evidence how this shapes us Somalis.

“Within the Middle East, SNP analysis shows that the J1-L136 branch migrated south from eastern Anatolia and split in four directions: Anatolia/Europe (PF7263), the Levant, the southern Zagros (and southern Mesopotamia ?), and the mountainous south-western corner of the Arabian peninsula (mostly in Yemen), bypassing the Arabian Desert. That latter group, consisting essentially of J1-P56lineages, crossed the Red Sea to settle Sudan, Eritrea, Djibouti and northern Somalia. The climate would have been considerably less arid than today during the Neolithic period, allowing for a relatively easy transmigration across the Middle East with herds of goats.

Neolithic J1 goat herders were almost certainly not homogenous tribes consisting exclusively of J1 lineages, but in all likelihood a blend of J1 and T1lineages. So much is evident from the presence of both J1 and T1 in north-east Africa, Yemen, Saudi Arabia, but also in the Fertile Crescent, the Caucasus and the mountainous parts of southern Europe. Maternal lineages also correlate. Wherever J1 and T1 are found in high frequency, mtDNA haplogroups HV, N1 and U3 are also present, as well as J, K and T to a lower extent (=>see Correlating the mtDNA haplogroups of the original Y-haplogroup J1 and T1 herders). It is unclear whether goats were domesticated by a tribe that already comprised both J1 and T1 lineages, or if the merger between the two groups happened during the Neolithic expansion, when two separate tribes would have bumped into each others, intermixed, and thereafter propagated together.”

https://www.eupedia.com/europe/Haplogroup_J1_Y-DNA.shtml

Seems like only Harti have J. Is this a case of sheegads or are the rest of 'Daroods' Arab sheegads?

Apollo

VIP
Seems like only Harti have J. Is this a case of sheegads or are the rest of 'Daroods' Arab sheegads?

Those Banu Hashim claims were likely made up generations after the establishment of the Darod tribe. It is a common trope in many Somali clans because of Islam and ''prestige'' reasons of being closer to the prophet. Even freaking Sab and Samaale are allegedly Yemeni Arabs going back to the Hashemites.

More likely the Darod tribe is an ethnic Somali (Cushitic) based clan. This is more parsimonious.

I’m not sure we will ever know for sure. So far these stories don’t match up lol. We need more test. But I agree from my research hartis seem to be the ones with the J1 or J-M267 haplogroup.

Trending