How would Somalia look like without the help of the diaspora?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tukraq

VIP
She said it’s putting the family in debt. That’s abosolutely insane and nothing justifies that. I used to think they were, but I no longer think Somalis from back home are miskeenn. They’re absolutely cutthroat.
How can you put yourself in debt from sending 2 to 5 hundred dollars :kodaksmiley: she probably needs better management of her funds in all other aspects as sending money home doesn’t take that much, like I said start by cutting out the Starbucks addiction diaspora Somali girls have, that will save you like a hundred or two a month

VixR

Veritas
How can you put yourself in debt from sending 2 to 5 hundred dollars :kodaksmiley: she probably needs better management of her funds in all other aspects as sending money home doesn’t take that much, like I said start by cutting out the Starbucks addiction
A person truly in need is happy with whatever you can spare, but there’s a constituency of Somalis back home who’ve become spoiled and now make demands. You’re basically giving them a monthly stipend, it’s no longer need-based.

How can you put yourself in debt from sending 2 to 5 hundred dollars :kodaksmiley: she probably needs better management of her funds in all other aspects as sending money home doesn’t take that much, like I said start by cutting out the Starbucks addiction diaspora Somali girls have, that will save you like a hundred or two a month
Stop making assumptions. It’s not 200/500 it’s much more. And my family lives paycheck to paycheck. Not in debt from sending. I meant debt from other things and sending adding on to money problems. And the relatives I’m talking about are not misakeen

Like vixr said you have to understand it isn’t charity, you’re supporting a whole other persons income on top of your own. That’s too much

AIOPZ

Pan-Islamist

What on Earth are you going on about? 200-500 dollars a month ain't cheap, especially for many Somalis who live paycheck to paycheck and live in Section 8 homes.

Tukraq

VIP
What on Earth are you going on about? 200-500 dollars a month ain't cheap, especially for many Somalis who live paycheck to paycheck and live in Section 8 homes.
theres always ways to cut costs, like I mentioned most halimos spend that much a month on just they're daily Starbucks trips, and its not like they're broke because they live in section 8 when they underreport on taxes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending