How would Somalia look like without the help of the diaspora?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t know, on one hand they seem to rely heavily on remittances, on the other hand maybe it it would be better if they didn’t.

Literally none of my relatives who live in the cities work. They all get money sent to them monthly from various places. At least people in the baadiyo rely on their crops for food and only ask for money during drought/famine times.

So you quite literally believe that Somalia can't go without the diaspora populace? Why?

As far as i know, every single somali family in the west is sending a monthly bill to their familie(s). A LOT of people are dependent on that money, and i am sure they would starve if it was suddenly cut off. But i think it would be temporarily, maybe they'd finally get jobs instead of living on that family funded welfare.

I don’t know, on one hand they seem to rely heavily on remittances, on the other hand maybe it it would be better if they didn’t.

Literally none of my relatives who live in the cities work. They all get money sent to them monthly from various places. At least people in the baadiyo rely on their crops for food and only ask for money during drought/famine times.

if that isn't the truth. They're so stuck up, getting a job is offensive to them. "how dare you expect me to work as a maid?".:liberaltears:

These people are spoilt rotten, i can't count how many times a week some random relative calls my mom expecting money like she owes him.

AIOPZ

Pan-Islamist
What about infrastructure and businesses? Would that all collapse without disapora investment?

Somalis are the most corrupt even when donated money by foreigners to develop themselves and build an airport or a road, they swindled the money and some of these projects funded by gaalo were cancelled because of corruption. Who are the losers? Diaspora Somalis are going back to make a quick buck via corrupt activities. They are all the same.

upload_2019-5-16_7-50-48.png

Apollo

VIP
It would be less liberal and more theocratic/paleo-conservative. The diaspora probably has a very minor liberalizing/westernizing influence.

You especially see it Western educated leaders like Farmaajo and Gaas who do occasional virtue signaling towards Western leaders/organizations.

if that isn't the truth. They're so stuck up, getting a job is offensive to them. "how dare you expect me to work as a maid?".:liberaltears:

These people are spoilt rotten, i can't count how many times a week some random relative calls my mom expecting money like she owes him.
Honestly, I’d rather we give our charity to people who are in need, like the displaced, disabled, elderly, orphans etc. not to able bodied men. A little here and there for support is fine but not as an income source. with how much we send, we’re in debt and it’s only getting worse. It’s actually just increasing our money problems and stress wallahi :jcoleno:

there no many jobs that can sustain a family, fking place is desert with recurring droughts. best solution to have less and less children and maybe half the population castrated till some worth living for comes around.

there no many jobs that can sustain a family, fking place is desert with recurring droughts. best solution to have less and less children and maybe half the population castrated till some worth living for comes around.

@roble

A better solution would be China to take over Somalia and each Somali clan given these ghost mega cities in different parts of China that no one lives with all the comfortable gadgets and furniture they require. They will be offered start-up businesses too. China will turn Somalia into the most developed African country in a decade. The people, culture and their ideology is foked up.

More corrupt and bigger class divide. Too many people get money from abroad which stops them taking from the less fortunate. Take that out and you will have a jungle where the strongest survive

Status
Not open for further replies.