Status
Not open for further replies.

Apollo

VIP
Yo 23andme pinpoints where exactly in Somalia you have recent ancestry from...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

That new feature about gobol/provincial-origins is unreliable.

Everyone from the diaspora is ticking that their recent ancestors were born in Mogadishu / Benadir.

So everyone gets the capital region as their top recent origins region.

F8DD1F91-7146-42E1-9F9B-4190F1FF9031.png
Somebody help me figure this out. It’s even higher than my Somali which is 23.1%! What countries constitute North East Africa?

Attachments

• D5FB2E38-A0E1-4B2C-9C88-8F2F44494365.png
    D5FB2E38-A0E1-4B2C-9C88-8F2F44494365.png
    146.5 KB · Views: 361
  • 6B55BBB7-74ED-40AC-9BCE-52D7275D6FB7.png
    6B55BBB7-74ED-40AC-9BCE-52D7275D6FB7.png
    146.5 KB · Views: 586
My respectable Ashkenazi Jewish DNA percentage (100% full Yahuudi ancestor from the 1700s) has been left totally unscathed with the new update.

:wowsweat:

My old bogus inflated North African/Middle Eastern DNA has disappeared and has merged into the Somali DNA. It was 3% but I hid that shit. I can reveal it is now ZERO since it's proven to have been fake news. I'm relieved it's totally gone.

:drakekidding:

They need to do work on the regional predictions though. I am not from Bari, Djibouti or Banadir.

:drakewtf:

23andme has called BS on the Asharaaf clan Ayrab claim. They are 45% Ethiopian/Eritrean, 5% Sudanese, and 50% Somali. Bootyclappers will now avoid 23andme like the plague.

Apollo

VIP
23andme has called BS on the Asharaaf clan Ayrab claim. They are 45% Ethiopian/Eritrean, 5% Sudanese, and 50% Somali. Bootyclappers will now avoid 23andme like the plague.

That's just half of the story.

Sheekhaals still got weird paternal haplogroups from recent North Africans and Middle Easterners (E-M81, E-M123, R1a). Those paternal lineages aren't Somali. Only E-Y17859 (an E-V32 subtype), E-V6, rare E-M35 subtypes, and T1a are Somali paternal lineages who have been there in the region for a few thousand years.

Also, just 50% Somali is very very low. Most Somalis are in the +90% Somali range. There is something going on with this clan.

That's just half of the story.

Sheekhaals still got weird paternal haplogroups from recent North Africans and Middle Easterners (E-M81, E-M123, R1a). Those paternal lineages aren't Somali. Only E-V32, E-V6, rare E-M35 subtypes, and T1a are Somali paternal lineages who have been there in the region for a few thousand years.

I am Sheikhaal and Ashraaf is not part of the clan.

Will there be more updates? They should do clans now.

Apollo

VIP
I am Sheikhaal and Ashraaf is not part of the clan.

Will there be more updates? They should do clans now.

Clan research can only be done on familytreedna.com, they are specialized in paternal haplogroups. The sub-sub-sub-sub clades of certain clans are already known.

23andMe is specialized in autosomal ancestry (regional/world ancestries).

Apollo

VIP
The single largest part of my DNA is Ethiopian/Eritrean.

On a serious note,

Somali segments combined with Arabian segments could fool their algorithm in thinking it is Eritrean or something (they are mixed with South Semites).

For you, I'd say wegene.com will be more accurate when it comes to your roots because of good references without confusing ones.

On a serious note,

Somali segments combined with Arabian segments could fool their algorithm in thinking it is Eritrean or something (they are mixed with South Semites).

For you, I'd say wegene.com will be more accurate when it comes to your roots because of good references without confusing ones.
I honestly thought that. I remembered Ethiopians have large amounts of Semetic DNA.

Apollo

VIP
I went from 45% total Sub-Saharan African to 72.3%! My Hindi and Arab parts shrank dramatically.

It is fake. It is not trustworthy for Benadiris.

You only need Somalis+Bantus+Arabians+Persians+Pakistanis&Indians as references for yourself. Use wegene.com

The single largest part of my DNA is Ethiopian/Eritrean.
There was a reer Xamar girl who took the DNA test, and she got like 16% Ethiopian Jewish.
You guys are just a bunch of different mixes. There is no uniform gene pool among the reer Xamar people.

I wouldn't worry about it too much though. Different Horn African groups have been intermixing a lot. You'll find tons of Somali clans with Oromo blood out there for example. But you should take other DNA tests just to be sure.

Apollo

VIP
There was a reer Xamar girl who took the DNA test, and she got like 16% Ethiopian Jewish.
You guys are just a bunch of different mixes. There is no uniform gene pool among the reer Xamar people.

I wouldn't worry about it too much though. Different Horn African groups have been intermixing a lot. You'll find tons of clans with Oromo blood out there for example. But you should take other DNA tests just to be sure.

Nope, Benadiris aren't mixed with Ethiopians. I have looked into it.

The reason why they are scoring Habesha is that Somali+Arabian alleles will make algorithms think it is North Ethiopian or Eritrean.

A reference set without Habeshas will give Benadiris more accurate results. Those can be obtained on wegene.com

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP
:gaasdrink:i never did a dna test and i dont plan on doing it

i know who i am and i dont need this nonesence telling me otherwise
am a somali and an indigenous cushite
the best one

It is fake. It is not trustworthy for Benadiris.

You only need Somalis+Bantus+Arabians+Persians+Pakistanis&Indians as references for yourself. Use wegene.com
Nothing against Bantus but I’m like 3.2% West African. I’m also 13% Sudanese. Where did that also come from. I think 23andMe is skewed. My Auntie got 28% MENA while I got 13% MENA. On ancestryDNA I’m 40% MENA is that more accurate?

Apollo

VIP
Nothing against Bantus but I’m like 3.2% West African. I’m also 13% Sudanese. Where did that also come from. I think 23andMe is skewed. My Auntie got 28% MENA while I got 13% MENA. On ancestryDNA I’m 40% MENA is that more accurate?

Somali genes overlap with the Sudanese because Cushites came from North Sudan a few thousand years ago, E-M78 originated in Northern Sudan an is the most common paternal lineage in Somalis. So, probably again the algorithm is messing things up, perhaps due to low levels of samples.

West Africans, Bantus, African-Hunter-Gatherer etc scores are almost never statistical noise when it is above 0.5% due to less overlap with those groups vs Sudanese and Ethiopians.

Again, I'd say for you the wegene.com result is pretty much the most accurate.

Nope, Benadiris aren't mixed with Ethiopians. I have looked into it.

The reason why they are scoring Habesha is that Somali+Arabian alleles will make algorithms think it is North Ethiopian or Eritrean.

A reference set without Habeshas will give Benadiris more accurate results. Those can be obtained on wegene.com
I also got roughly 1.0% Chinese.

Status
Not open for further replies.