Status
Not open for further replies.

Apollo

VIP
I also got roughly 1.0% Chinese.

That could be true and not noise, because Chinese admixture has been documented on Lamu island. The Chinese reached Mogadishu.

243px-Tribute_Giraffe_with_Attendant.jpg

Somali genes overlap with the Sudanese because Cushites came from North Sudan a few thousand years ago, E-M78 originated in Northern Sudan an is the most common paternal lineage in Somalis. So, probably again the algorithm is messing things up, perhaps due to low levels of samples.

West Africans, Bantus, African-Hunter-Gatherer etc scores are almost never statistical noise when it is above 0.5% due to less overlap with those groups vs Sudanese and Ethiopians.

Again, I'd say for you the wegene.com result is pretty much the most accurate.
I got nearly 10% Yoruba on wegene. My cousin got no Yoruba but 16% Sierra Leonean. Wegene is heavily skewed or wrong.

Apollo

VIP
I got nearly 10% Yoruba on wegene. My cousin got no Yoruba but 16% Sierra Leonean. Wegene is heavily skewed or wrong.

Basically all the non-Somali SSA scores you can view as Southeast African Bantu admixture. That is the best way to interpret wegene rather than it being from Nigeria.

PS. Comorians carry Indonesian & Chinese lineages. So that East Asian stuff could be real given your ethnic background as an Indian Ocean trading population.

That could be true and not noise, because Chinese admixture has been documented on Lamu island. The Chinese reached Mogadishu.

243px-Tribute_Giraffe_with_Attendant.jpg
I think the Chinese might actually be Indonesian! My auntie got 0.2 Indonesian. I’m 20.4 Hindu and Arab. But I look heavily Arab. I’m also really hairy. One thing is 100% certain though I’m heavily mixed!

Aw is the original title of a wadaad before this was Arabized to Shaykh in recent centuries. When a man gained the rank of Wadaad he earned the title Aw.

Aw should be re-popularized.

Guts

Bosaso iyo Bandar Siyada
VIP
Should i do this test guys? My mom is warsangeli and i have heard that warsangelis dont even have the same hablogroups as other warsangelis. :bell:

Guts

Bosaso iyo Bandar Siyada
VIP
Is 'Aw' the Somali version of the Arabic 'Abu', meaning 'Father of'
The word you are searching for is ’Ab’ which is same as the arabic word ’Abu’, whenever someone says ’Abtirso’ It literally means to count your fathers/grandfathers.

Aw is the original title of a wadaad before this was Arabized to Shaykh in recent centuries. When a man gained the rank of Wadaad he earned the title Aw.

Aw should be re-popularized.

Yep I can agree to this, it holds up what I was also told about a specific person in my lineage. I asked as to why this specific individual had the title "Aw-" in front of their names, and I was told that He was an extremely religious person who had gained Islamic knowledge.

Doesn't this go against Darood being an Arab and him coming to Somalia and stuff?

Don't let the adeeros/eedos/habaryaros/abtiyos/awoowos/Ayeeyos find out about this, they'll have a heart attack, bless their souls. This goes against everything they've been taught. This would turn their world upside down, and they'll start questioning everything they've been taught. Let them live in their ignorance and illusion. Let them claim lineage to Aqeel ibn Abu Talib, LET THEM BE HAPPPPPYYYY

:mjlol::cosbyhmm::damn::jcoleno:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending