Bored to death
Are any of you guys land owners?

I have several questions.
  1. How did you acquire the land?
  2. Where is it located?
  3. What type of land is it?
  4. How much is it worth?
  5. What do you plan on doing with it?
I'm planning on purchasing land in the near future and I am wondering what your experience was.

Are any of you guys land owners?

I have several questions.
  1. How did you acquire the land?
  2. Where is it located?
  3. What type of land is it?
  4. How much is it worth?
  5. What do you plan on doing with it?
I'm planning on purchasing land in the near future and I am wondering what your experience was

yes i bought land, somaliland, its worth around $5000 , leave it how it is give it 5 years maybe build a house or let the price go up

McD30

Bored to death
What town is it located in? Did you purchase it for 5000 dollars or is that how much it is worth now?

bought in somaliland for $300 for a plot sold it for $10k 5 years later.
bought a plot for $900 sold it $3k two years later. bought two plots in downtown for $10k last year sold it for $100k two months ago!
i didnt want to sell the last plot cuz it seemed a rip off as it was in downtown where properties are rightly very expensive and the people who bought wanted to build huge commercial building on my plot. but the gov persuaded me to sell or build on it.
if you want to buy land, buy early and hold onto it in few years the real estate property price will rise more and you will make killer profit

McD30

Bored to death
bought in somaliland for $300 for a plot sold it for $10k 5 years later.
bought a plot for $900 sold it $3k two years later. bought two plots in downtown for $10k last year sold it for $100k two months ago!
i didnt want to sell the last plot cuz it seemed a rip off as it was in downtown where properties are rightly very expensive and the people who bought wanted to build huge commercial building on my plot. but the gov persuaded me to sell or build on it.
if you want to buy land, buy early and hold onto it in few years the real estate property price will rise more and you will make killer profit
Can I buy in places where my clan doesn't live and would my investment be protected? Is there a sort of xeer law for that? I am very interested in purchasing lands throughout Somalia but my concern is security.

waraabe

Your superior
Can I buy in places where my clan doesn't live and would my investment be protected? Is there a sort of xeer law for that? I am very interested in purchasing lands throughout Somalia but my concern is security.

Somalia is different to Somaliland

In somaliland, if you purchase land all you need is the actual papers. simple
no qabiil malarky

Zuleikha

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
I'm in the process of buying a land in Hergaisa. It's 80 by 80 sq metres. It will worth more than the actual price which is $17000 and probably double the price in 3-5 years time. Buying plots and houses back home is a great way of investing your money and saving.

It wouldn't matter if your qabiil doesn't reside in somaliland. If you buy a land or a house you will have mulkiyad stating your ownership. My brother in law is marexan :lol:him and his family owns more lands and houses in hergaisa more than us. The house opposite our family main house in hergaisa is own by my fathers good friend who is MJ.

waraabe

Your superior
I'm in the process of buying a land in Hergaisa. It's 80 by 80 sq metres. It will worth more than the actual price which is $17000 and probably double the price in 3-5 years time. Buying plots and houses back home is a great way of investing your money and saving.

It wouldn't matter if your qabiil doesn't reside in somaliland. If you buy a land or a house you will have mulkiyad stating your ownership. My brother in law is marexan :lol:him and his family owns more lands and houses in hergaisa more than us. The house opposite our family main house in hergaisa is own by my fathers good friend who is MJ.

may i ask where the land is. I want to invest about $10k in a plot of land

Zayd

Habar Magaadle
I have 4 plots and currently finalising a farm purchase in arabsiyo, the somali measurements say its 12 qoodi, don't know what that means in English.

The fuyuujar is in da matharlayn...

Bohol

VIP
40 plots of land in West Burco worth $5,000 each and two shops in West Burco worth
$60,000 each. Other assets in South Somalia worth over $1 million.

yes you can buy in sland as long as you respect the locals and the laws.
if you are suspected of anti somaliland activity, expect a visit from the RRU!

I own 2 plots in KM4 down town mogadishu and a small 3 bedroom house in buuloxuubey and a 25% stake in a commercial property close to the airport valued over 1.2M. I paid 15k each for the plots in 2009 which was family rates at the time I refused a offer of 60k for one of them in September I paid 35k to build the house the land was given to me by my grandfather when I was ciyaal. parents own multiple properties between them spread across xamar and another 4 in marka hooyo also has a 25% stake in the commercial property I swapped a 5 bedroom house in black sea and 80K for my stake in the commercial property we currently own 50% I intend on buying out my uncle's in the next 3 years.

I don't really believe in the whole buy where your qabil lives thing tho allot of people might not agree with me but the only two places worth investing in currently are mogadishu and hargesa if you have the paperwork for the property it's yours and no one can challenge you just make sure you do your due diligence before buying because there are allot of people with fake documents trying to sell shit they don't own.

Apollo

VIP
Investing in land or houses in Somalia is a bad idea.

It doesn't yield much, terrible property laws, and on top of it is immoral to drive up prices for poor people. No thank you.

Waranle

Top Mali in the 6ix
My family are to buy land in my fertile Arabsiyo.We will pay those oromos shitty wages to till and take care of our farms.Make profit and feed our people with healthy homegrown crops, not imported Chinese fruits and vegetables.

Apollo

VIP
My family are to buy land in my fertile Arabsiyo.We will pay those oromos shitty wages to till and take care of our farms.Make profit and feed our people with healthy homegrown crops, not imported Chinese fruits and vegetables.

I can respect investing in farms and other productive things. At least that grows the economy.

Is
arabsiyo Baydhabo i was just wondering

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts