Ethiopia to take stake in Port of Djibouti, its trade gateway -state media

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cognitivedissonance

A sane man to an insane society must appear insane
Stay WOKE
VIP
Wallahi you’re right where have you been
I have been in detention recently cause i have been distracting my science teacher when she tells us that the big bang and evolution is fact likewise i have been grounded i had no access to the internet or tv cause i have been a little behind on my homework.

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
@Kingcobra Dp world is going to build Virgin Hyperloop Berbera-Addis#
Djibouti monopoly is over start diversifying like Saudi bro or yall will starve.
Easy money is over.
You just made that up. The article doesn't mention Berbera or Ethiopia. I bet you thought no one would click on it.
:mjlol:

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
The fact that Djibouti had to resort to selling onwership stake in their only strategic asset just to compete with an unrecognized country.

:mjhaps::mjhaps:
The fact that SL owns 30% of the port while Ethiopia owns 19% to "guarantee" that they use a port they desperately need anyway.
:mjhaps::mjhaps:
And UAE owns the majority!
DYKtrlQWkAEinMM.jpg

:liberaltears:

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
Nigga both the UAE base and the corridor are being built as we speak. Just because it triggers you doesn't mean it ain't true.:siilaanyolaugh:

Djibouti is currently being sued in international court. Good luck ever finding willing western investors to back your FDI projects after that stunt you guys pulled with DP world.

Thirdly Ethiopia has no interest in being beholden to Djibouti for 100% of its imports. That is a national security issue which it will not accept. This is why Berbera and Port Sudan will be taking big shares of Ethiopian imports that are currently going through Doraleh.

Djibouti got decades head start on the lack of credible competition in the region but those gains will soon be erased. No wonder IOG is acting this desperate and selling stakes in Doraleh. I would not be shocked if even Bosaaso Port gets in on the Ethiopian import action further undercutting you and making Djibouti even more irrelevant.
I just realised that SL is a low rent Djibouti. They're copying everything!
:faysalwtf:
Repression of free speech. Check.
High unemployment. Check.
Focus on ports. Check.
Courting foreign countries for army bases. Check.
Recognition. Che-Oh wait!
:siilaanyolaugh:

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
Kkkk all this proves is that Djibouti is so scared of competition since they aren't used to it.:mjlol:

It must say a lot about them if their continuous point of economic comparison is an unrecognized polity that managed to make a port deal so threatening to their interests that they started selling off state assets.:pachah1::lolbron:
You are ignorant to the facts. Djibouti has been having a multi-year disagreement with DP World that predates this whole Berbera comedy act. They are an actual country with an actual foreign policy. Delusional citizens of unrecognised states may have difficulty understanding what that's like.

They have been searching for a replacement to DP World and found one. They aren't selling Djibouti shares per se. These are most likely former DP World shares.

Let me put this in simple to understand terms for any readers from Somaliland.

67%>>>>>>>>>>>>30%
:siilaanyolaugh:

Cumar

Ilaahay Gargaaryeey Gabiley Qurux Badanaa
VIP
You are ignorant to the facts. Djibouti has been having a multi-year disagreement with DP World that predates this whole Berbera comedy act. They are an actual country with an actual foreign policy. Delusional citizens of unrecognised states may have difficulty understanding what that's like.

They have been searching for a replacement to DP World and found one. They probably aren't selling Djibouti shares per se. These are most likely former DP World shares.

Do you have a coherent point to make here besides the fact that SL is not recognized? There is no need to tag me multiple times to make the same point in multiple different ways. You are just repeating yourself.

And no, it is clear you don't understand ownership stakes at all. Djibouti nationalized the port so they own 100% of the shares atm, they chose to sell some to Ethiopia. Look up the definition of nationalization then come back. If you don't understand this simple concept, there is no point to call others ignorant.

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
Do you have a coherent point to make here besides the fact that SL is not recognized? No need to tag me multiple times to make the same point in multiple different ways.
I'm reading through the thread to call out your verbal autistic expressions. If you want me to stop replying then stop posting inane garbage.
I just realised I replied to you 3 times already. Congratulations, you're the biggest retard in this thread.
:drakelaugh:

Cumar

VIP
I'm reading through the thread to call out your verbal autistic expressions. If you want me to stop replying then stop posting inane garbage.

"Call out" whatever you like. Just don't call others ignorant when you don't understand simple economic concepts such as nationalization of state assets like ports.

I realize that's a big word for you. Do you want me to sound it out? :mjkkk:

Last edited:

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
They will have every incentive to switch over to Berbera, due to a lower tax burden and the construction of free zone. Once the corridor is complete, Berbera will be the cheapest and quickest route to import and export goods to the lucrative Middle east and Asian markets.

https://hiiraan.com/news4/2018/Apr/157842/dp_world_signs_final_agreement_for_berbera_free_zone.aspx

"The Berbera Free Zone will offer global opportunities to foreign investors with many cost saving benefits. Companies are able to retain 100% ownership with no local sponsorship required. This often leads to higher productivity and an increase in employment. Encouraging foreign ownership also lowers prices and improves the quality of products. Businesses are able to repatriate capital and profits."
You act like Somaliland invented the idea of free trade zones. I have news for you buddy: Djibouti has had one for years!
How will Berbera's greasy nonexistent highway be faster than the Djibouti-Addis railway?
tenor.gif

VIP
You act like Somaliland invented the idea of free trade zones. I have news for you buddy: Djibouti has had one for years!
How will Berbera's greasy nonexistent highway be faster than the Djibouti-Addis railway?
tenor.gif

These ppl are insane. Whatever they have ours is 10x better.

Cumar

VIP
tenor.gif

Can you quote me specifically saying that it would be faster? :mjlol:

These straw-men arguments are funny and all, but this ain't a serious debate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts