Civil war enters second year in Ethiopia

that was a short period. with ittihad they were attacking ethiopia from gedo. when meles invaded in they bolted and left marehan. no isaaq wants onlf ruling them. mx do not want onlf ruling them. garre do not want onlf ruling them. onlf is a clan jabhad. no clan wants to be dictated to by a rival clan. if they ever amount to what they were in the 90s somalis will stab them 1st chance they get.
And here therein lies the true issue, Somalis do not as people possess a common interest. It's always what can I do for my immediate kin-group rather than my whole people in their heads.

On the other hand can you really blame them though? People need an incentive to want to work together, they need to be taught that working together is more beneficial for them rather than just their qabil alone.

no one is going to help or join ONLF. specially since they where targeting other clans using liyu police for the last 10 years and before that where attacking them directly.
Ah you see, when brother fights brother where is the success?
Sad Oh No GIF by Marvel Studios

Do Tigray want to return to controlling the Ethiopian government, or do they desire independence?
Our people in the West want independence but it is hard to determine what the people back in Tigray want. We haven’t heard their voices in a year.

TPLF has said they will let the people decide but if they can grab full power of Ethiopia again I doubt they will go for independence. They’re greedy politicians after all.

My preference is a more federal Ethiopia that actually follows the constitution, then second is independence and dead last is whatever is going on right now.

ZodiaK

VIP

Ethiopia is not in compliance with the eligibility requirements of the African Growth and Opportunity Act because of gross violations of internationally recognized human rights, a senior U.S. official told reporters on a conference call. The determination can be reversed if the government addresses human rights, humanitarian and political crises by Jan. 1, the official said.

The suspension of duty-free access is a fresh blow to Ethiopia’s economy, which is already under strain from the growing cost of the conflict in the country’s northern regions and the impact of the coronavirus pandemic. The Horn of Africa nation exported goods worth $245 million to the U.S. last year under AGOA, accounting for almost half its shipments to America.

Tuesday’s announcement follows an executive order by the Biden administration authorizing sanctions against individuals and entities deemed to be prolonging the conflict in Ethiopia. The U.S. on Monday reiterated its threat to impose sanctions.

Ethiopia is not in compliance with the eligibility requirements of the African Growth and Opportunity Act because of gross violations of internationally recognized human rights, a senior U.S. official told reporters on a conference call. The determination can be reversed if the government addresses human rights, humanitarian and political crises by Jan. 1, the official said.

The suspension of duty-free access is a fresh blow to Ethiopia’s economy, which is already under strain from the growing cost of the conflict in the country’s northern regions and the impact of the coronavirus pandemic. The Horn of Africa nation exported goods worth $245 million to the U.S. last year under AGOA, accounting for almost half its shipments to America.

Tuesday’s announcement follows an executive order by the Biden administration authorizing sanctions against individuals and entities deemed to be prolonging the conflict in Ethiopia. The U.S. on Monday reiterated its threat to impose sanctions.
Why is it taking long for sanctions on Ethiopia airlines?

I do beleive Afaworki will send at least 50K soilders to Addis Ababa for final show down and abye will pay for mercenaries to fight.

Afaworki would rather see his forces fight in Addis Ababa than at the border between Tigray and Eritrea.

So he will send his best and even engage on street fight with TDF unlike ENDF.

I have zero confidence that Abye will negotiate because Afaworki will give him Asylum in Eritrea .There is no country willing to accept Abye.
Only Eritrea and Somalia( Mogadishu).

How is it the eithopian army can't defeat a bunch of homicidal blood thirsty thugs?

We are going to have two failed states next to each other? This is Al Shabab wildest dream

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
You think the West want over 100 million refugees and displaced people?

What will happen to the AU that’s based in Ethiopia?

What will happen to hundreds of millions of dollars worth of Chinese investment?

No major international player wants Ethiopia to collapse.

What will happen to hundreds of millions of dollars worth of Chinese investment?

I thought that first but seeing as the west are busy sanctioning Eithopia instead of the tplf thugs j am not so sure.

Anthony blinken is going to create the Afghanistan of East Africa at this rate

Yes they will collapse, since America and Israel are allied with Egypt and Sudan. This a good outcome for Somalia, Galbeed joins Somalia and East Africa is run by Egypt and Sudan instead of Ethiopia.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
I thought that first but seeing as the west are busy sanctioning Eithopia instead of the tplf thugs j am not so sure.

Anthony blinken is going to create the Afghanistan of East Africa at this rate

They probably want the TPLF to take over but not throw Ethiopia into anarchy.

They will probably pressure Abiy Ahmed to negotiate or leave Ethiopia before any harm done.

Yes they will collapse, since America and Israel are allied with Egypt and Sudan. This a good outcome for Somalia, Galbeed joins Somalia and East Africa is run by Egypt and Sudan instead of Ethiopia.

Egypt and Sudan don’t want a collapsed Ethiopia.

A weaker Ethiopia is their intention but they don’t Ethiopia to turn into Somalia.

Also, where do you think is the first place these refugees are going?

You guessed it, Somalia.