Ancestralbrew YouTube channel made a video on somali dna

NidarNidar

Punisher
I guess the most discriminated clans are the most Arab as I suspected. They are also more likely to have the J haplogroup relative to other Somalis which is exceeding rare.
The artisan class of Somali would have lived in ancient cities in the past after the collapse of trade, they would have been looked down upon due to losing their prestige.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
The artisan class of Somali would have lived in ancient cities in the past after the collapse of trade, they would have been looked down upon due to losing their prestige.
Generally artisans or hunter gatherers were looked down on in many East African groups.

NidarNidar

Punisher
Generally artisans or hunter gatherers were looked down on in many East African groups.
I can understand why we looked down on HG, due to the fact people who practised Waaq looked at nature differently and a man should only consume what his right hand possesses, but I never understood the dislike for artisans, cause you find many other nomadic cultures that have their woman working artisan roles to supplement their income outside of their flock.

This is fake kkkk. No way we have Steppe ancestry unless you are Banaadiri with Persian roots like the shaanshi who are known to have migrated from Tashkent Uzbekistan.
They're not known to have migrated from there directly , don't waffle . Their migration story is known just like the other ancient clans ,their ancestors came in 2nd hijri century then some left to shaash and their descendants returned later on with the shaashi nisbah, in terms of lineage they're Banu Zuhrah. Banadiri with Persian root would be like the shirazis or wa'ilis etc

They're not known to have migrated from there directly , don't waffle . Their migration story is known just like the other ancient clans ,their ancestors came in 2nd hijri century then some left to shaash and their descendants returned later on with the shaashi nisbah, in terms of lineage they're Banu Zuhrah. Banadiri with Persian root would be like the shirazis or wa'ilis etc
In the 13th century, according to Ibn Khaldun, the population of modern Tashkent (now the largest city in Central Asia) was evacuated by the Khwarezmian Sultan because the large Qara Khitai empire stood at the gates of his kingdom invading. The fleeing population dispersed as refugees into Cairo, Baghdad and Mogadishu.

“In his Kitab al-Ibar, Ibn Khaldun records that the population of Chach was ordered to evacuate the town c. 1207-8 by the Kwarizmshah Qutb al-Din Muhammad the II. Chach lay in the path of an army of the Khita (Qara Khitay) led by Kuchlug Khan. Two other towns, also in the valley of Farghana - Isfijab and Kazan - were evacuated at the same time. According to a variant reading in Ibn Khaldun, the inhabitants of the three towns dispersed into the lands of Islam ‘finally reaching Cairo, Baghdad and Mogadishu.’ “ — Muslim Brotherhoods in Nineteenth-Century Africa by B. G Martin p. 232

1699985198854.png

I guess the most discriminated clans are the most Arab as I suspected. They are also more likely to have the J haplogroup relative to other Somalis which is exceeding rare.
Based on the J haplogroup being a bit ancient, going back to sabaean era. The Arabia Autosomal should have wash up by now, which might take us another second to think about the separation between the somalis and Gabooye

Not only are gabooye people discriminated against as artisans, but there are also significant cultural differences that the Somalis despise. Gabooye made up the majority of Somaliweyn's medical professionals which wasn't practiced among other somalis till later. Hunting likely came to play later as there was no market to sell to, or in similar issues.Additionally, Rawiin was denigrated, and there are still problems with Eelay. They were fortunate enough not to be forced to relocate, though there may have been unsuccessful battles in the past to achieve this. Because of their farming practices and cultural differences, they were despised.

Based on the J haplogroup being a bit ancient, going back to sabaean era. The Arabia Autosomal should have wash up by now, which might take us another second to think about the separation between the somalis and Gabooye
What’s the average amount of Arabian DNA found in Isaaqs? I remember seeing one individual on here with ~35% Arabian ancestry.

We definitely need more Somalis to take DNA testing so we can uncover how Arab we are genetically, especially amongst Northerners.

What’s the average amount of Arabian DNA found in Isaaqs? I remember seeing one individual on here with ~35% Arabian ancestry.

We definitely need more Somalis to take DNA testing so we can uncover how Arab we are genetically, especially amongst Northerners.
That individual is @giire12. He is an exemption. That level of Arabian is equivalent to someone having an Arab parent or grandparent. Average Arabian ancestry in Somalis would be 5-10%.Some will be higher while others would be lower.

That individual is @giire12. He is an exemption. That level of Arabian is equivalent to someone having an Arab parent or grandparent. Average Arabian ancestry in Somalis would be 5-10%.Some will be higher while others would be lower.
That 5-10% range also includes Southern Somalis who have little to no Arab ancestry, so they’ll pull down the national average.

Dna testing across all Northerners needs be conducted to determine how Arab we are genetically.

Last edited:
That 5-10% range also includes Southern Somalis who have little to no Arab ancestry, so they’ll pull down the national average.

Dna testing across all northerners would be very revealing.
Lets ignore the madhibaan alone for now. The Gadaburis has the highest at 9% while southern like Habargidir and Majerteen individual have 4% each. Ogaden has 0%. Average would be 6% in my opinion. What would you say?

1699991000157.png

Why is the top 5 highest Arabian admixture Madhiban? I’m surprised.
They must have been in close contact with or assimilated Arab immigrants that lived in close proximity with them. If I was a recent Arab migrant in Somalia it would be easier to live with the artisans than become a pastoralist or a farmer. A lot of the Madhibaan do have Arabian specific J1 but that Arab blood must have been washed away by now. The only possible explanation is new Arab arrivals entering the cities who then went on to live with the artisans. They also mostly marry within themselves which further helped keep their Arab blood elevated. This is all my opinion and understanding by the way.