Ancestralbrew YouTube channel made a video on somali dna

They would be diluted I geuss by the Cushitic tribes inland.
That would depend on the specific family and their history as historically gibil cads only intermarried with eachother, obviously there was intermixing but the level of intermixing would vary from family to family. For example Abasaad, and Abajibil had their own settlement's so intermixing was less common for them compared to odawiin since they resided in all main towns of geledi(modern day afgooye) such as baalguri , ceel qode ,siigale and raqayle. Abajibil and Bajamal also lived in those villages

I have Camuudi friends. They speak fluent Arabic with the Yemeni dialect. They look and act Arabian.
And there's people from other yemeni banadiri tribes that are just like that , especially if they were from the families that moved to Yemen during civil war which was the case for alot of yemeni banadiris like camuudi, ba fadhal, ashraaf ba calawi and many others

And there's people from other yemeni banadiri tribes that are just like that , especially if they were from the families that moved to Yemen during civil war which was the case for alot of yemeni banadiris like camuudi, ba fadhal, ashraaf ba calawi and many others
So camuudi are Yemeni. Why did you say they are central-south Asian?

I have Camuudi friends. They speak fluent Arabic with the Yemeni dialect. They look and act Arabian.
I googled Amoudi & camuudi and this guy comes up, he looks Barwani not Arab:
IMG_0599.jpeg

Not only are gabooye people discriminated against as artisans, but there are also significant cultural differences that the Somalis despise. Gabooye made up the majority of Somaliweyn's medical professionals which wasn't practiced among other somalis till later. Hunting likely came to play later as there was no market to sell to, or in similar issues.Additionally, Rawiin was denigrated, and there are still problems with Eelay. They were fortunate enough not to be forced to relocate, though there may have been unsuccessful battles in the past to achieve this. Because of their farming practices and cultural differences, they were despised.

The disdain goes both ways sxb. Reewin have historically looked down on northern Somalis who they mockingly refer to as Heewiye. There are numerous short stories and sayings attesting to this. Marriage between the two communities was rare in the past tho I think attitudes are now changing. You’ll still find older Reewin however who believe marrying one is akin to marrying a boon.

Garaad diinle

 
I did some digging on the Barawani people as I wanted to understand who they were a little closer. I found their ethnic name also was synonymously, “Amarani.” Then trying to search for them in the old archives, I came across something interesting:

LBsbZNl4zKS5zDyC8NHVI61nrpUbk1AXgiHHMH2zUHrGnIDg4fsh6q7hyjsidg-MAVl24pvpHkr_x7L-VEhqHTydtilYSD1jffxqjuFjiyfDokLAUcCz3w9-zxVIIqRC3BxSJMGUDAU4xRUiz7WMhNw

There was a Baloch tribe called Amarani, sourcing their origins from the Amran mountains. Now, you may think this is a coincidence, and I would have agreed with you if this was the extent of it. But if you know a bit of history from Southeastern coastal Africa, then you would recall that the Baloch people had a significant impact on the Zanzibari/Swahili coasts.

The Barawa people who we also know as Amarani speak a Swahili dialect, Chimwini, and had historical contact with the Swahili coasts as well. They definitely sourced their language from that cultural horizon.

vXbMyCXDqUxKpuMwnTI-3nvDnR1t6eUmgRPlE1bpJ1jEtx5yLVejXGuvvIEGTYiWEXwF_DrXdbpzEjCY07I4XYx13lwPiBiOrEc5ELmyfkJ0zQ_QLpMUP6bYH5nFqrJwd-CSN6KoNYfVXmuR22q4Mt0

RMn36RBoTlELpaJI_x9RvLLF5y5Ri6ooSPR-a6CB5LjUdnZq1ZcWLsmYwdEez_nzHy5k6T1ce_1u2g3a1mxHEuDVPm-B0mKJhT1z_bjb2OJP6bqMq6aXwRi9kgj70POOiqkctnyfGsGnK2JcaoBNnbw

zZBNhughUNKuXqtq_CvEZuCjR5eqttHzYWLSBNvCYjlWRsSnTuN6SWdWZsiDV-AxRH-PFRvoC5yTu1mjYnGkKcWnhPyjNh61gfzVunnKwhu_O8CtLAZtM43wqxQiEfGknyVO6UuAFkLIH_wc9POgUkU

The interesting thing about the Baloch is that they are Iranian-speaking people with mixed Iranian and South Asian genetic shifts. So it reconciles the Iranic presence in the genetic scores if it was not a distinct influence but Baloch that had the distinct genetic substructure incorporated from a single source with Makrani shift.
I really can't say much about their genetics make up but it's fascinating to see that there were baluchi tribes by this very same name. According to aydarus it's pronounced حمرانيون so we'll have to see if the arabic alphabetical literation of amrani includ a "ح". It not completely improbable for baluchis to have been in the eastern coast of africa.

There were a huge wave of baluchis that came alongside the omanis as mercenaries to east africa and i remember reading of some of them also came to the somali coast. I don't know if they had an earlier presence, i'm sure they did in some degree but also i can't see an impactful presence unless they also went by the name of shirazi who were very prominent on both the somali coast and the swahili coast.

What we like to call reer barawe in your example حمراني or also known as bidda speaks a branch of swahili related to that of bajuni and lamu archipelago languages called northern swahili. It's the northern most extend of the swahili language and the proto north swahili was surprisingly very influenced by af somali. That being said their background is very diverse and they easily incorporate foreigners into their confederation so it's hard for me to pin point an exact location for their origin aside from their language which originates from lamu.

The Bantu and Arabian influence comes from the Swahili as well. What is designated under Northeast Africa can be arranged differently. The Ethiopian & Eritrean is a compensation for excess Southern Arabian genetics, so basically it is Somali mixed with Yemeni/Omani genetics. So one has to increase the Arabian and the Somali as well. Because these groups have no genetic history with Ethiopians.
In other words our eurasian component clouds the true percentage of their somali admixture? Interesting.

His Yemeni father was definitely Black. It’s impossible to be Half full-blooded Yemeni & Half Habesha [Who are already 50-60% Middle-Eastern] & end up looking Bi-racial like that fella.
I know half Somalis half Yemenis who are dark af like regular Somalis.Genetics doesn't equal phenotype

Even Lebanese Arabs are on average 10 % SSA lol. Let alone Hadramaut Yemen which has 40 % Bantu mtDNA.
The Copts are 10% SSA not Lebanese.Lebanese Christians have no SSA while Levantine Muslims are ~5% SSA. I've seen Hadhramawt sample on G25 and he was more similiar to most Yemeni Muslims except the Mahra.There are SSA outliers in every MENA population

Those African-looking half Somali half Yemenis are the exception not the rule. Genetics plays a huge factor in how a person looks.
You have zero clue..I'm pretty sure I know far more Yemeni-Horner mixes.Amudi looks like a regular Muwallad.If the West Eurasian/African ratios were the reason people are dark or light than Northern/Coastal Berbers would be darker than the average Arabian especially compared to the pure Mahra (little to no SSA) and who are as dark as Tamils/South Indians

You have zero clue..I'm pretty sure I know far more Yemeni-Horner mixes.Amudi looks like a regular Muwallad.If the West Eurasian/African ratios were the reason people are dark or light than Northern/Coastal Berbers would be darker than the average Arabian especially compared to the pure Mahra (little to no SSA) and who are as dark as Tamils/South Indians
I know Somali + Arabian mixes & others who are half Egyptian in real life & they don’t look like that African looking Amoudi fella.

You’ve lost the plot, mate.

I really can't say much about their genetics make up but it's fascinating to see that there were baluchi tribes by this very same name. According to aydarus it's pronounced حمرانيون so we'll have to see if the arabic alphabetical literation of amrani includ a "ح". It not completely improbable for baluchis to have been in the eastern coast of africa.

There were a huge wave of baluchis that came alongside the omanis as mercenaries to east africa and i remember reading of some of them also came to the somali coast. I don't know if they had an earlier presence, i'm sure they did in some degree but also i can't see an impactful presence unless they also went by the name of shirazi who were very prominent on both the banadiri coast and the swahili coast.

What we like to call reer barawe in your example حمراني or also known as bidda speaks a branch of swahili related to that of bajuni and lamu archipelago languages called northern swahili. It's the northern most extend of the swahili language and the proto north swahili was surprisingly very influenced by af somali. That being said their background is very diverse and they easily incorporate foreigners into their confederation so it's hard for me to pin point an exact location for their origin aside from their language which originates from lamu.

In other words our eurasian component clouds the true percentage of their somali admixture? Interesting.
Xamarani isn't a tribe and it has nothing to do with Baluchis, if you read shariif Caydaruus's book then you wouldn't have any issue understanding what xamarani means. In Barawa , the xamaranis would be Hatimi tribe and the biida alliance . So it's not restricted to biida alliance nor is it equivalent to barawani.

The Baluchis in barawa were from that wave of migration that came from Oman, if there were Baluchis from before that period then there would be mentions of them in manuscripts or clans descending from them.

Garaad diinle

 
Xamarani isn't a tribe and it has nothing to do with Baluchis, if you read shariif Caydaruus's book then you wouldn't have any issue understanding what xamarani means. In Barawa , the xamaranis would be Hatimi tribe and the biida alliance . So it's not restricted to biida alliance nor is it equivalent to barawani.

The Baluchis in barawa were from that wave of migration that came from Oman, if there were Baluchis from before that period then there would be mentions of them in manuscripts or clans descending from them.
I didn't say xamarani is a tribe where did you get that from? Also hatimi were absorbed into this confederation since they came after the bidda. Also barawi among the regular somali only means chimini hence why i used it as such but of course barawi is the inhabitant of barawe. As for the balouchi we're speculating nothing much so calm down.

I didn't say xamarani is a tribe where did you get that from? Also hatimi were absorbed into this confederation since they came after the bidda. Also barawi among the regular somali only means chimini hence why i used it as such but of course barawi is the inhabitant of barawe. As for the balouchi we're speculating nothing much so calm down.
It's not a confederation either, Hatimi are their own clan. Biida is a confederacy of over 10 clans such as Al Wa'ili (Ra Waali) , Al Jabri , Al Amawi (Ra Maclimu) , Ra Faqi, Cabdi Shuqaali, Ra Mashaanga and others. They didn't all come together, rather it's only Al Wa'ili that came before Hatimi's out of the current biida clans .

No such thing as "regular" Somali or irregular Somali . Barawi, Barawani, Reer Barawa etc all refer to same people and it's not restricted to Hatimi and Biida clans.

Garaad diinle

 
No such thing as "regular" Somali or irregular Somali . Barawi, Barawani, Reer Barawa etc all refer to same people and it's not restricted to Hatimi and Biida clans.
Lailahaillallah muhammada rasulullah regular somali as in any somali on the internet or anywhere else. You didn't call yourself benadiri warrior for no reason. So what's your background? Are you related to any particular group other than reer xamar?