Ancestralbrew YouTube channel made a video on somali dna

is that 45% just natufians or natufians + ancient arabian?
The 45% figure is the average amount of West Eurasian dna of Somalis & from what I understand it’s mainly from a Natufian-like population in Predynastic Egypt.

Many Somalis also have some Arabian dna which adds to their overall West Eurasian ancestry.

Last edited:

Emir of Zayla

𝕹𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓 𝖔𝖋 𝕻𝖔𝖊𝖙𝖘
The 45% is the average amount of West Eurasian dna of Somalis & from what I understand it’s mainly from a Natufian-like population in Predynastic Egypt.

Many Somalis also have some Arabian dna which adds to their overall West Eurasian ancestry.
It goes something like this for Horners, not completely accurate tho keep that in mind
IMG_2076.jpeg

Emir of Zayla

𝕹𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓 𝖔𝖋 𝕻𝖔𝖊𝖙𝖘
This is fake kkkk. No way we have Steppe ancestry unless you are Banaadiri with Persian roots like the shaanshi who are known to have migrated from Tashkent Uzbekistan.
I was skeptical of that too, at least they somewhat got the Eurasian dna right. We need a better proxy for our SSA dna tho, it’s tiring to see people think we’re some mix of proto nilotic and natufians.

Last edited:
I was skeptical of that too, at less they somewhat got the Eurasian dna right. We need a better proxy for our SSA dna tho, it’s tiring to see people think we’re some mix of proto nilotic and natufians.
AEA is what we have and it peaks in the Dinka like 80%. There is a reason why we share maternal lineages with the south Sudanese.

Emir of Zayla

𝕹𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓 𝖔𝖋 𝕻𝖔𝖊𝖙𝖘
AEA is what we have and it peaks in the Dinka like 80%. There is a reason why we share maternal lineages with the south Sudanese.
I’m pretty sure the mix between AEA and the Natufians happened up in Egypt/Sudan region, how do they share such genetic similarities with the Dinka? Sounds fishy to me ngl, they may be a whole different group altogether.

I’m pretty sure the mix between AEA and the Natufians happened up in Egypt/Sudan region, how do they share such genetic similarities with the Dinka? Sounds fishy to me ngl
Big chunks of AEA was in the south already and avoided the Dzudzuana related ancestry that entered Africa. Only the northern AEA around Egypt mixed with them. The southern once would give birth to Dinka like people. They never saw west Euro-Asians.

Last edited:
Big chunks of AEA was in the south already and avoided the Dzudzuana related ancestry that entered Africa. Only the northern AEA around Egypt mixed with them. The southern once would give birth Dinka like people.
Is it correct that Natufians/Natufian-like peoples & Neolithic Anatolians are 88% genetically similar due to shared Dzudzuana dna?

Last edited:
Is it correct that Natufians/Natufian-like peoples & Neolithic Anatolians are 88% genetically similar, due to shared Dzudzuana dna?
Yes they are both sourced from Dzudzuana (Anatolian hunter gatherer) related ancestry. Just slight differences here and there as you have noted with the percentage

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
That's why I always cluster Gadabuursi with Somali Somalia sample (specifically north west group 'Reer Galbeed') instead of Somali Ethiopia sample (who are slightly more SSA). Like you said to me before, the K5 Ethiopia region is massive land bordering Djibouti, North west Somalia, Centeral somalia and north Kenya. There is question mark on who these somali Ethiopia sample and somali kenya sample belong to (what qabil, which group/regions of K5/NFD?).

@NidarNidar , his maternal grandmother could be the reason for the slightly more Arabian shifted compare to average somali:somalia sample. Other than his extra Arabian, his close match to you (possiblely because of sharing the same clan from grandmother side xeebjire). But here is where we differ, there are some reer wooqoyi galbeed and reer wooqoyi bari sample who I'm assuming are pure somali that came with same results as NidarNidar and there are others that came with average somali:Somalia result ( in illustrative and Vahaduo). Its all confusing, don't get me wrong i am following the results and i actually have no agenda, likewise to your sacad muuse link, my half Siblings are maternally samaroon, my maternal grandfather, his mother is Gadabuursi, I have a soft spot for Gadabuursi.
I agree that it's not cut and dry. All I mention is to be conscious of the sample and note the person's familial history, which will influence how you interpret their results. Nothing too big.
My Maternal and Paternal grandmothers are both Xeebjire, but on my maternal side, my great-grandfather's mother was Issa.

My father's family are notorious for marrying within Xeebjires only.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

It goes something like this for Horners, not completely accurate tho keep that in mindView attachment 303306
Where is this Steppe ancestry as I don't see it in Horner the samples I come across. That seems to be acquired by more recent/modern populations of Levantines. And not present in more archaic ones. I also find the use of terminology very misleading. I would like them to appropriately operationalize these terms and what they represent as well. These studies often do a poor job at that and end up confusing the reader even more.

Last edited: