Ajnabis in Mogadishu

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one in my family speaks arabic. Who are these somalis? Bunch of lying buffoons.

I went to the same high school as this somali girl who was born and raised in Yemen, and spoke fluent arabic. According to the somali staff at our masjid ‘all of them are fluent in arabic’. When she spoke to them in arabic not one single one of them could give a full sentence response. Stuttering and shit.
:gucciwhat:

Somalis think memorizing surah Al-Falaq and dua’s makes them fluent in arabic.

English is more of an official language in Germany than arabic is in Somalia. Wikipedia is lying. Don’t confuse us with Sudan waryaa!
Sorry to burst your bubble but Somalis learn Arabic in School. It is an official language and it is a school subject back home. Maybe Galkacyo is different. @government
Somalis in Egypt benefit greatly from being Arab League citizens.
And what's with the hate? Arabic is the language of the Quran.

SumMo

very lowkey
Sorry to burst your bubble but Somalis learn Arabic in School. It is an official language and it is a school subject back home. Maybe Galkacyo is different. @government
It wasn’t like this when my grandma grew up in Somalia. Thanks you SALAFISM :’)

It's the same in galkacyo too I've been there

Turks have been moving to Xamar like crazy. It bout to be Ankara 2.0 soon. Ethiopians and Kenyans make the bulk of restaurant worker jobs. Italians that had parents/grandparents born in Somalia visit for nostalgia. & of course the usual Arabs and Indians. Pretty cosmopolitan surprisingly.

Turks have been moving to Xamar like crazy. It bout to be Ankara 2.0 soon. Ethiopians and Kenyans make the bulk of restaurant worker jobs. Italians that had parents/grandparents born in Somalia visit for nostalgia. & of course the usual Arabs and Indians. Pretty cosmopolitan surprisingly.
I heard they teach turkish in a lot od schools in Xamar :gucciwhat: is that true

It wasn’t like this when my grandma grew up in Somalia. Thanks you SALAFISM :’)
Nope. In the 70s and 80s arabic was taught in schools. There was even an option to choose between studying in an arabic high school or a somali language high school. And you told us your clan and they are proper reer badiyo but I'm not going in qabiil.
In Galkacyo arabic is a subject aswell as mudane government has told us.
Why do you hate arabic so much? It is the language of the Quran.

@government
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I heard they teach turkish in a lot od schools in Xamar :gucciwhat: is that true

only at high school level to prepare those who want to study in Turkey. For example the Digfer hospital has a joint medical program that sends students to Turkey and then they come back get employed by the hospital.

Does anybody have family that still speak Italian? My grandparents and folks from that generation still are fluent. But my parents can only understand it and don’t speak it that much.

SumMo

very lowkey
Nope. In the 70s and 80s arabic was taught in schools. There was even an option to choose between studying in an arabic high school or a somali language high school. And you told us your clan and they are proper reer badiyo but I'm not going in qabiil.

@government
I don’t know where in Somalia they taught people arabic. My parents went to private italian schools in Mogadishu, and can speak fluent italian and swahili. Even my parents didn’t learn arabic in school, forget my grandmother. They used to go to dugsi after school to learn the quraan.. which was pure memorization. No language skills needed.

I can’t speak for reer badiya

SumMo

very lowkey
Does anybody have family that still speak Italian? My grandparents and folks from that generation still are fluent. But my parents can only understand it and don’t speak it that much.
Yup. My grandmother and parents speak fluent italian. Not arabic tho..

Idk where this is ‘arabic’ shit is comming from.

@government
@Amun and @AbdiJew speak it too but they don't like the language

Yup. My grandmother and parents speak fluent italian. Not arabic tho..

Idk where this is ‘arabic’ shit is comming from.

My cousins back home speak Arabic cause they teach it at school. English as well. Hoorta it’s crazy cause when they speak English they try to mimic American accent lmao

World

VIP
I been back home up north and nobody speaks arabic stop the lies warya. Even dugsi students dont learn to speak arabic.

The language of the quran fyi is classical arabic, which is incomprehensible with modern standard arabic (what arabs speak today).

You need to calm down with the arab bootyclapping, we have our language and dhaqan unless you wish to be considered an aswad cabeed with no native language like sudani people.

I don’t know where in Somalia they thought people arabic. My parents whent to private italian schools in Mogadishu, and can speak fluent italian and swahili. Even my parents didn’t learn arabic in school, forget my grandmother. They used to go to dugsi after school to learn the quraan.. which was pure memorization. No language skills needed.

I can’t speak for reer badiya
You're cooning for Italians :eek:
Anyways I agree with you my mom didn't know how to speak Arabic but my dad did. However the situation is different right now Arabic is our main language followed by Hindi and Turkish:gaasdrink:

I been back home up north and nobody speaks arabic stop the lies warya. Even dugsi students dont learn to speak arabic.

The language of the quran fyi is classical arabic, which is incomprehensible with modern standard arabic (what arabs speak today).

You need to calm down with the arab bootyclapping, we have our language and dhaqan unless you wish to be considered an aswad cabeed with no native language like sudani people.
:drakewtf: Why you getting worked up for?
And in Kismayo and other parts of koonfur it is taught as a subject so calm down. I already said that it might be different in her hometown
And since when did learning a foreign language become equivalent to losing dhaqan? :draketf:
And Classical Arabic and Modern Standard Arabic are similar. If you understand one, then the other will be easy to get the jist of. Modern standard and colloquial arabic are very different.Arabic evolved but it didn't change like Old English to New English. :drakekidding:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending