Would you marry a somali girl who doesn't wear hijab?

So now we reformed Allah's terminology? If such a thing is so sanctified and seen as part of the religion, why on earth would it's name change? Unlesssss.....
Bc thats wat happens in society. language changes, rulings donot. U can call khamr weed it doesnt change if its haram or not.

waan ku sheegay wuu jiranyahay. he is on something stronger than crack. he is on wahhabism
He's lost, he's saying that Allah said in the Quran he'd preserve it. If khimar is what it is why is it's terminology not preserved and khimar is now seen as immodest wraparound liberal like hijab. And hijab is the orthodox why. Why does the orthodox one have a concocted and fabricated term.

He's lost, he's saying that Allah said in the Quran he'd preserve it. If khimar is what it is why is it's terminology not preserved and khimar is now seen as immodest wraparound liberal like hijab. And hijab is the orthodox why. Why does the orthodox one have a concocted and fabricated term.
it doesn't make sense. the terminology only changes if he thinks the quran has changed...

@Fowzi Kaahin @qaysiyolaylo

We can also look at the meaning of the word "khimar". The word "khimar" comes from the root Khamara, meaning "to cover". However, the particular form "khimar" may have a more specific meaning. Let's look at what it is:

1) In the Arabic of the Prophet (sAas), the word "khimar" referred to a headcovering. This can be seen in the hadiths when the Prophet (sAas) wiped his wet hands over his khimar and his socks, from which scholars have derived that it is halal to wipe wet hands over the headcovering and the socks.

2) The authorities on classical Arabic have defined the word "khimar" as a headcovering. For instance, the dictionary Aqrab al-Mawarid defines the word "khimar" as: "All such pieces of cloth which are used to cover the head; It is a piece of cloth which is used by a woman to cover her head".

The great scholar Imam Abu'l-Fida ibn Kathir defines the word "khimar" in the following words, "Khumur is the plural of khimar which means something that covers, and is what is used to cover the head.

This is what is known among the people as a khimar". A modern scholar, Shaykh Muhammad al-Munajjid says, "Khimar comes from the word khamr, the root meaning of which is to cover. For example, the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:

'Khammiru aaniyatakum (cover your vessels).' Everything that covers something else is called its khimar. But in common usage khimar has come to be used as a name for the garment with which a woman covers her head; in some cases this does not go against the linguistic meaning of khimar.

Some of the fuqaha have defined it as that which covers the head, the temples and the neck. The difference between the hijab and the khimar is that the hijab is something which covers all of a woman’s body, whilst the khimar in general is something with which a woman covers her head.

3) Imam Abu Abdullah Qurtubi described the historical circumstances relating to the wearing of the khimar in pre-Islamic Arabia as follows, "Women in those days used to cover their heads with the khimar, throwing its ends upon their backs.

This left the neck and the upper part of the chest bare, along with the ears, in the manner of the Christians. Then Allah commanded them to cover those parts with the khimar".

Similarly, Imam Abu'l-Fida ibn Kathir reports, "'Draw their khumur to cover their bosoms' means that they should wear the khimar in such a way that they cover their chests so that they will be different from the women of the jahiliyyah (before the coming of Islam) who did not do that but would pass in front of men with their chests uncovered and with their necks, forelocks, hair and earrings uncovered".

Both of these descriptions provide clear, explicit, specific explanations of what "extend the khimar to cover their bosoms" means.

4) The scholars have agreed unanimously that the khimar is a headcovering

Please do not try to interpret the Qur'an by just looking up in some dictionary what the meaning of the root KHAMARA means. Each of the forms derived from this root may have a specific meaning.

In order to interpret the Qur'an properly you need to know what the specific meaning of the particular form "khimar" was in the Arabic of the Prophet (sAas). According to the common usage recorded from that time (in the hadiths), to dictionaries that have preserved the classical Arabic, and to the reports of the actual practice of women of that time, the khimar is a headcovering.

Can you present any hadiths or other Arabic writing of the time of the Prophet (sAas) that use the word "khimar" to mean a shirt or any type of covering other than a headcovering? Can you present entries from dictionaries of classical Arabic that fail to give headcovering as a definition of "khimar"?

Can you present reports of the dress of the pre-Islamic Arab women that apply the word "khimar" to mean something other than a headcovering? Can you present opinions of the ulama that the khimar is something other than a headcovering? If not, you have not refuted any of the evidence presented here. The examples I have given above are the accepted ways of determining what the meaning of the Qur'an is.

Now, if I told you "extend your hat to cover your ears" you would know automatically that the hat is a headcovering because that is what the word "hat" means in English, and you would understand automatically that the hat is to remain on the head while being extended down to cover the ears.

Likewise the Arabs, when they were told "extend your khimar to cover your bosom", knew automatically that the khimar was a headcovering because that is what the word "khimar" means in Arabic, and they understood automatically that the khimar was to remain on the head while being extended to cover the bosom.

There can be no doubt about it; the meaning of the Arabic word "khimar" is headcovering. The Qur'an doesn't mention the word "head" separately because there is no need to, any more than English-speakers need to be told that a hat is worn on the head.

Seriously what scholars do u follow.
I want to know.
Literally anyone
can u give me a scholar of the sunnah that says hijab is not obligatory.
We're not catholics. I've studied under Sh Waleed Idris Al Maneysi. I'm a hafidh of the quran in 4 qiraat. Not only that Alxamdulliah, I've studied the fiq of Imam El Shafi under Shaykh Barmoushi in a bunch of xalaqaat. I know deen more than you akh.

We can also look at the meaning of the word "khimar". The word "khimar" comes from the root Khamara, meaning "to cover". However, the particular form "khimar" may have a more specific meaning. Let's look at what it is:

1) In the Arabic of the Prophet (sAas), the word "khimar" referred to a headcovering. This can be seen in the hadiths when the Prophet (sAas) wiped his wet hands over his khimar and his socks, from which scholars have derived that it is halal to wipe wet hands over the headcovering and the socks.

2) The authorities on classical Arabic have defined the word "khimar" as a headcovering. For instance, the dictionary Aqrab al-Mawarid defines the word "khimar" as: "All such pieces of cloth which are used to cover the head; It is a piece of cloth which is used by a woman to cover her head".

The great scholar Imam Abu'l-Fida ibn Kathir defines the word "khimar" in the following words, "Khumur is the plural of khimar which means something that covers, and is what is used to cover the head.

This is what is known among the people as a khimar". A modern scholar, Shaykh Muhammad al-Munajjid says, "Khimar comes from the word khamr, the root meaning of which is to cover. For example, the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:

'Khammiru aaniyatakum (cover your vessels).' Everything that covers something else is called its khimar. But in common usage khimar has come to be used as a name for the garment with which a woman covers her head; in some cases this does not go against the linguistic meaning of khimar.

Some of the fuqaha have defined it as that which covers the head, the temples and the neck. The difference between the hijab and the khimar is that the hijab is something which covers all of a woman’s body, whilst the khimar in general is something with which a woman covers her head.

3) Imam Abu Abdullah Qurtubi described the historical circumstances relating to the wearing of the khimar in pre-Islamic Arabia as follows, "Women in those days used to cover their heads with the khimar, throwing its ends upon their backs.

This left the neck and the upper part of the chest bare, along with the ears, in the manner of the Christians. Then Allah commanded them to cover those parts with the khimar".

Similarly, Imam Abu'l-Fida ibn Kathir reports, "'Draw their khumur to cover their bosoms' means that they should wear the khimar in such a way that they cover their chests so that they will be different from the women of the jahiliyyah (before the coming of Islam) who did not do that but would pass in front of men with their chests uncovered and with their necks, forelocks, hair and earrings uncovered".

Both of these descriptions provide clear, explicit, specific explanations of what "extend the khimar to cover their bosoms" means.

Please do not try to interpret the Qur'an by just looking up in some dictionary what the meaning of the root KHAMARA means. Each of the forms derived from this root may have a specific meaning.

In order to interpret the Qur'an properly you need to know what the specific meaning of the particular form "khimar" was in the Arabic of the Prophet (sAas). According to the common usage recorded from that time (in the hadiths), to dictionaries that have preserved the classical Arabic, and to the reports of the actual practice of women of that time, the khimar is a headcovering.

Can you present any hadiths or other Arabic writing of the time of the Prophet (sAas) that use the word "khimar" to mean a shirt or any type of covering other than a headcovering? Can you present entries from dictionaries of classical Arabic that fail to give headcovering as a definition of "khimar"?

Can you present reports of the dress of the pre-Islamic Arab women that apply the word "khimar" to mean something other than a headcovering? Can you present opinions of the ulama that the khimar is something other than a headcovering? If not, you have not refuted any of the evidence presented here. The examples I have given above are the accepted ways of determining what the meaning of the Qur'an is.

Now, if I told you "extend your hat to cover your ears" you would know automatically that the hat is a headcovering because that is what the word "hat" means in English, and you would understand automatically that the hat is to remain on the head while being extended down to cover the ears.

Likewise the Arabs, when they were told "extend your khimar to cover your bosom", knew automatically that the khimar was a headcovering because that is what the word "khimar" means in Arabic, and they understood automatically that the khimar was to remain on the head while being extended to cover the bosom.

There can be no doubt about it; the meaning of the Arabic word "khimar" is headcovering. The Qur'an doesn't mention the word "head" separately because there is no need to, any more than English-speakers need to be told that a hat is worn on the head.
Shes going to reply with a one word sentence which has got nothing to do with what u said and is completely irrelevant.

We're not catholics. I've studied under Sh Waleed Idris Al Maneysi. I'm a hafidh of the quran in 4 qiraat. Not only that Alxamdulliah, I've studied the fiq of Imam El Shafi under Shaykh Barmoushi in a bunch of xalaqaat. I know deen more than you akh.
Bruv i dont care if u studied under the sahaba if ur saying hijab is not obligatory then u r just stupid and ur knowledge has not benefitted u one bit.
Tell me if hijab is obligatory in shafi' fiqh then

So post a pic of a woman who wears the real hijab please

You still didn't answer why that terminology isn't preserved and is now called to as an orthodox term. Why is that if khimaar was Hijab, it would have a preserved termonogly and not called by an orthdox term. It's like calling sadaqah zakat which is wrong.

You still didn't answer why that terminology isn't preserved and is now called to as an orthodox term. Why is that if khimaar was Hijab, it would have a preserved termonogly and not called by an orthdox term. It's like calling sadaqah zakat which is wrong.
@Bundasliga she did exactly what i sed she was gonna say

Bruv i dont care if u studied under the sahaba if ur saying hijab is not obligatory then u r just stupid and ur knowledge has not benefitted u one bit.
Tell me if hijab is obligatory in shafi' fiqh then

So post a pic of a woman who wears the real hijab please
download (43).jpeg

Which terminology? What are you talking about :mjlol: wallahi you are all over the place

Hijab isn't part of Islam or quran and if it was you wouldn't be asking me pics of a women in hijab knowing that you disagree with my interpretation. You'd call it awrah and would most certainly jerk off to your hair fetish.
A "hafidh of 4 qiraat" is telling men to masturbate on the internet.
Wallahi if u are truthful about memorising all 4 Qiraat u should be ashamed of urself no person should have Allahs words coming out their mouth and ur foul language.

Hijab isn't part of Islam or quran and if it was you wouldn't be asking me pics of a women in hijab knowing that you disagree with my interpretation. You'd call it awrah and would most certainly jerk off to your hair fetish.
abayo did i tell you that there was a study that proves hijab has little effect on her beauty according to men in muslim countries?