Why does feminism have such a bad reputation?

Is feminism a good thing?

• Yes

Votes: 12 30.0%
  • No

Votes: 13 32.5%
  • I wanna say yes but I don’t like the label

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Idgaf

Votes: 10 25.0%

• Total voters
Let's talk about grooming, firstly we need to distinguish what is and what isn't something that is brought forth by society for women, i highly doubt that most women wanting a wealthy spouse or decides to become a prostitute, or decides to make an onlyfans, do ect is forced to do so by society, encouraged by a select audience is a better wording for it, and the reasoning for them doing so the majority of the time, (and correct me if im wrong can be classified into 2 reasonings, firstly is that some women have been encouraged, from the "sexual liberation" movement into believing that this is a viable and completely understanding career choice one would want to do, and and another audience being from men(and other women sometimes), its no secret that men have a higher sex drive and sexual urges than women, and would want these women to preform such highly sexualized acts, these are the main consumers of the women, these people need help no doubt, and from the surface of it, it seems like there is a mutual transaction between the two, the pleasure and the money, though looking into it deeper, the people who indulged in such activities will continue to induldge in it if they do not stop, and get into more and more perverted activities (for example incest is already normalized on these sites) and their overall perception of women is generally very low, and the people who provide these "services" are not well respected, get abused, often times regret it, only worth is their bodies ect i can go on and on and frankly i need to read up more on this problem Women being commodified is definitely an issue and is being fueled by other women, they are the producers of these issues that inevitably worsen what others want to achieve, this is not to say that men also are in on this however they deserve their own separate topic as they both have their own solutions, and as far as socio economic standings go i have no problem with that and wouldnt consider it as "radical" either, The rest of what you said i agree with though.
I'll remake my argument into all the points I've made and you pick out the exact ones you think aren't true because what you've written here is nothing but contradictions to what I have said, i.e. no real substance so there can't be any productive discourse.
1. Women are commodified and valued as objects.
2. Womens power comes in our willingness to allow others access to us(through OF, and any shows of womens bodies).
3. Women do not have a choice in allowing others to access them because that access is either given freely by you in the case of OF creators or forcibly taken from you in the case of rapes and any unwanted male attention.
4. Women are hypersexual because that behaviour is rewarded by platforms like Instagram, Tiktok and other social medias.
5. From this attention, women feel gratified or validated because they feel valued as a desirable object.
6. This gratification is the same one that Liberal feminism advocates for because they believe that gratification is sexually liberating for women.
7. However, this isn't real power but power offered to you for as long as you can meet the demand for the needs of the market.
8. This doesn't prove that women are money thirsty s but the opposite, that they have been groomed by the systems of capitalism and the patriarchy that actively mislead and endanger vulnerable women.
9. My attention span is short if you can't summarise don't bother replying and stop blaming women for the whims of men. Like you said read up on the issue, I'd recommend Women, Race and Class by Angela Davies.
10. You seem to be under the guise that I'm in favour of women becoming prostitutes but it is actually the opposite. I try to discourage girls from getting into the industry, which is difficult when lots of useful idiots keep screaming 'gEt ThE bAg'.

Cuz its a western invention and a lot of western invented ideals are evil. You dont know most feminists are s in their youth and die as old lonely cat ladies? Why would we want that for our muslim mothers and sisters

I'll remake my argument into all the points I've made and you pick out the exact ones you think aren't true because what you've written here is nothing but contradictions to what I have said, i.e. no real substance so there can't be any productive discourse.
1. Women are commodified and valued as objects.
2. Womens power comes in our willingness to allow others access to us(through OF, and any shows of womens bodies).
3. Women do not have a choice in allowing others to access them because that access is either given freely by you in the case of OF creators or forcibly taken from you in the case of rapes and any unwanted male attention.
4. Women are hypersexual because that behaviour is rewarded by platforms like Instagram, Tiktok and other social medias.
5. From this attention, women feel gratified or validated because they feel valued as a desirable object.
6. This gratification is the same one that Liberal feminism advocates for because they believe that gratification is sexually liberating for women.
7. However, this isn't real power but power offered to you for as long as you can meet the demand for the needs of the market.
8. This doesn't prove that women are money thirsty wh*res but the opposite, that they have been groomed by the systems of capitalism and the patriarchy that actively mislead and endanger vulnerable women.
9. My attention span is short if you can't summarise don't bother replying and stop blaming women for the whims of men. Like you said read up on the issue, I'd recommend Women, Race and Class by Angela Davies.
10. You seem to be under the guise that I'm in favour of women becoming prostitutes but it is actually the opposite. I try to discourage girls from getting into the industry, which is difficult when lots of useful idiots keep screaming 'gEt ThE bAg'.
its crazy how you make women sound like children with 0 accountability. Everything is Mens fault. You have been brainwashed by the liberal agenda truss me

Boogie

Islam wins doesnt take Ls Long Live Somalia 🇸🇴
giphy (6).gif

For as long as I’ve been on this forum and most spaces outside of mainstream social media, I’ve noticed a general disdain/dislike of feminism. I’ve been accused of being a feminist several times despite having rational and mild views. You’d think that I was seriously campaigning to bring down the male gender. Then I started to think what’s so wrong with being a feminist? Why does that label trigger so many people :cosbyhmm: These days we even have women actively campaigning against feminists, going against their own interests.

What’s wrong with wanting equality for all? That’s basically what feminism advocates for. And when I say equality I’m not talking about going to work, doing stereotypical male activities. I’m talking about equality in a social and political sense. Basically being entitled to equal rights.

Dear sspot, do you believe in human rights? Equality? If your answer is yes then I say you’re a feminist. Don’t be shy. Own it!

The only ones who hate feminists are these basement dweller incels that hate women. I also hate these pick me qumaayos that twerk for these incels. Are you that ugly huuno that you must stoop so low for ma validation?

Feminism literally means equality for both genders, there are different types of feminists and they don’t all agree with each other.

Are there extreme feminists that hate men? Yes of course there are but how much power do those women have other than venting on social media? No power whatsoever. Misogynistic men have so much power, hence why you always hear women being sexually assaulted in Hollywood for a movie, or the modelling industry or even just recently I read an article about how landlords were telling their tenants to pay rent through sex during the pandemic.

Those cadaan “feminists” are the worst. They want to be oppressed so badly. Their complaints about being “oppressed” is disrespectful to women who really are.
Who are as a man to tell another woman whether she is white or black that she ain’t oppressed. Yes there are some stupid ideas that are pushed but the west still need feminism. Most rapist go free, rape is still not taking seriously within the system.

Dusty ass men should keep their stupid opinions to themselves. Yall are so quick to bash feminism but how many of yall talk about the fucked up shit women go through around the world? All of yall are incel basement dwellers hate seeing other women go further in life and it makes yall mad. Die in rage es!!!

Dusty ass men should keep their stupid opinions to themselves. Yall are so quick to bash feminism but how many of yall talk about the fucked up shit women go through around the world? All of yall are incel basement dwellers hate seeing other women go further in life and it makes yall mad. Die in rage b*tches!!!
I am not a woman hater or an incel so please don’t refer to me as one. I was raised by a hardworking women who I’d die for so I take offense to what you just called me.

AishaBarri

It’s not that serious
The only ones who hate feminists are these basement dweller incels that hate women. I also hate these pick me qumaayos that twerk for these incels. Are you that ugly huuno that you must stoop so low for ma validation?

Feminism literally means equality for both genders, there are different types of feminists and they don’t all agree with each other.

Are there extreme feminists that hate men? Yes of course there are but how much power do those women have other than venting on social media? No power whatsoever. Misogynistic men have so much power, hence why you always hear women being sexually assaulted in Hollywood for a movie, or the modelling industry or even just recently I read an article about how landlords were telling their tenants to pay rent through sex during the pandemic.
Exactly! I guess it’s easier to notice the obnoxious loud ones that give feminism a bad rep. Same can be said for any movement/ethnicity/any type of affiliation.

Now I’m thinking that most men want to keep the status quo. If they benefit from it what incentive is there to change things?

I am not a woman hater or an incel so please don’t refer to me as one. I was raised by a hardworking women who I’d die for so I take offense to what you just called me.

I didn’t say you were. All I am saying is that a lot of these men don’t talk about how men treat women but hey hate feminism. Is like some of them want to keep the system in place because they benefit from it.

Exactly! I guess it’s easier to notice the obnoxious loud ones that give feminism a bad rep. Same can be said for any movement/ethnicity/any type of affiliation.

Now I’m thinking that most men want to keep the status quo. If they benefit from it what incentive is there to change things?

Sis, even if mainstream feminists weren't a mess, men would still hate them. They benefit with women being at the bottom of the barrel. Its something us women need to accept.

Sis, even if mainstream feminists weren't a mess, men would still hate them. They benefit with women being at the bottom of the barrel. Its something us women need to accept.
It would gather much more support from across the board if it wasnt the shitshow we know of it today, theres a reason why not that many people label themselves as a feminist however when you get into the soecifics of certain things they want to achieve the people would be in favor of it, despite it being something these feminists claim to want to achieve, its because of the bad reputation they have

Angelina is cool, leave her out of it.:ufdup:
Sometimes

Hassan mahat

I karbash wahabist salafis daily.
Because feminism, at its core, is a veiled attempt for white women to have the same privileges as their male counterparts. Why am I fighting for an cadaan lady’s right to abuse me? Hell no.
so voting, getting equal pay and ending gender discrimination is cadaan rights? :chrisfreshhah:.

Hassan mahat

I karbash wahabist salafis daily.
look at the verse below from an nisa. it says allah provisioned men to take care of women and even domestically abuse them @Halimo Supremist @kickz sooo feminist. your husband could literally beat you if he deems you as ill conducted. :mjlol::mjlol:

"Men are the caretakers of women, as men have been provisioned by Allah over women and tasked with supporting them financially. And righteous women are devoutly obedient and, when alone, protective of what Allah has entrusted them with.1 And if you sense ill-conduct from your women, advise them ˹first˺, ˹if they persist,˺ do not share their beds, ˹but if they still persist,˺ then discipline them ˹gently˺.2 But if they change their ways, do not be unjust to them. Surely Allah is Most High, All-Great"

For as long as I’ve been on this forum and most spaces outside of mainstream social media, I’ve noticed a general disdain/dislike of feminism. I’ve been accused of being a feminist several times despite having rational and mild views. You’d think that I was seriously campaigning to bring down the male gender. Then I started to think what’s so wrong with being a feminist? Why does that label trigger so many people :cosbyhmm: These days we even have women actively campaigning against feminists, going against their own interests.

What’s wrong with wanting equality for all? That’s basically what feminism advocates for. And when I say equality I’m not talking about going to work, doing stereotypical male activities. I’m talking about equality in a social and political sense. Basically being entitled to equal rights.

Dear sspot, do you believe in human rights? Equality? If your answer is yes then I say you’re a feminist. Don’t be shy. Own it!

Because at some point feminism went from wanting rights for women and equality to trying to dominate men and emasculate them in the process. Allah created men and women, 2 genders because we bring unique set of skills to the table but feminism became about trying to distance women from all that’s feminine and natural, it became a competition with men to be a man, if that make sense. This kinda attitude is not healthy for a functioning society, the goal of feminism should be equality and justice and NOT to become/act a man yourself. I’m feminist of sorts but definitely not this type.

Last edited:
look at the verse below from an nisa. it says allah provisioned men to take care of women and even domestically abuse them @Halimo Supremist @kickz sooo feminist. your husband could literally beat you if he deems you as ill conducted. :mjlol::mjlol:

"Men are the caretakers of women, as men have been provisioned by Allah over women and tasked with supporting them financially. And righteous women are devoutly obedient and, when alone, protective of what Allah has entrusted them with.1 And if you sense ill-conduct from your women, advise them ˹first˺, ˹if they persist,˺ do not share their beds, ˹but if they still persist,˺ then discipline them ˹gently˺.2 But if they change their ways, do not be unjust to them. Surely Allah is Most High, All-Great"

You're the last person to talk about womens rights when you said you wanted to smack my hijab off and throw me over a building. Cry some more you dìckless bìtch.

J-Rasta

Inactivated
VIP
On a large scale it's entirely a different spectrum , the oriented feminism today we witness with our own very naked eyes are not what the organisation used to advocate for like equivalent rights as their male counterparts such as the rights to vote , the rights to be educated , the exact freedom their male counterparts enjoy and raising awareness and prevention of domestic violence ,abuse ,etc.

Over the course of time , we have seen how the feminism movement drifted from its main goal , it differed from its original achievements , it doesn't correlate nor advocate for the rights of women and hence it disrespects many aspiring female rights activists residing in male dominated societies , they campaign for equal rights but their plights are left ignored , by the western feminists who are seen as influencers globally , unfortunately the feminism we witnessed today are more concerned of whatever makeup Kim Kardashian wore that day, despite acknowledging the core ingredients and components of their products , which are mostly extracted from Mica , a rich mineral that innovated modern makeup, it's used for glowing touch , glittery eyes, etc
are related to child labour exploitation , ethical issues and human rights abuses which are strife in India and countries living below the poverty line .

Yet their plights or the domestic abuses taking place in middle eastern and African countries , are often downplayed .
I believe there are also more modern equipment that humanity take for granted are also unheard of.
That's the sad reality.

Malala Yousafzai is a true model for feminism not the feminists like the Pussycat and various westernised that were flashing during a German Russian summit , Vladimir Putin himself was surprised and Angela Merkel was surprisingly shocked , they are the ones that are ruining the organisation.

I am totally against inequality and the suppresion of female rights , we should condemn the actions of misogyny , we shouldn't tolerate such disdains and certainly not see the female counterparts as Raaligaliso
" pleasing objects" .

We Somalis should especially abolish the negative narratives as Boqolow and Kontonley.
Unfortunately some people on this forum have an entirely different mindset.

Latest posts