Why does feminism have such a bad reputation?

Is feminism a good thing?

• Yes

Votes: 12 30.0%
  • No

Votes: 13 32.5%
  • I wanna say yes but I don’t like the label

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Idgaf

Votes: 10 25.0%

• Total voters
It would gather much more support from across the board if it wasnt the shitshow we know of it today, theres a reason why not that many people label themselves as a feminist however when you get into the soecifics of certain things they want to achieve the people would be in favor of it, despite it being something these feminists claim to want to achieve, its because of the bad reputation they have

Sometimes

I've admitted that mainstream liberal feminists are a mess. We as Muslim women cannot align ourselves with people that justify sex work ect.

However, when you look at the history of feminism, men were angry that women wanted to go university, wanted to be able to inherit, wanted to be able to make money. These are basic rights we take for granted.

Even when us Muslim women talk about the misogyny that is rampant in the Muslim community. Even things that are blantantly haraam, many men get angry. I have come to terms with it.

I've admitted that mainstream liberal feminists are a mess. We as Muslim women cannot align ourselves with people that justify sex work ect.

However, when you look at the history of feminism, men were angry that women wanted to go university, wanted to be able to inherit, wanted to be able to make money. These are basic rights we take for granted.

Even when us Muslim women talk about the misogyny that is rampant in the Muslim community. Even things that are blantantly haraam, many men get angry. I have come to terms with it.
I was talking about the present day, the vast majority would not be against "women's rights"

also the word "some" would do wonders with your comment

Trending