Why does feminism have such a bad reputation?

Is feminism a good thing?

• Yes

Votes: 12 30.0%
  • No

Votes: 13 32.5%
  • I wanna say yes but I don’t like the label

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Idgaf

Votes: 10 25.0%

• Total voters

AishaBarri

It’s not that serious
For as long as I’ve been on this forum and most spaces outside of mainstream social media, I’ve noticed a general disdain/dislike of feminism. I’ve been accused of being a feminist several times despite having rational and mild views. You’d think that I was seriously campaigning to bring down the male gender. Then I started to think what’s so wrong with being a feminist? Why does that label trigger so many people :cosbyhmm: These days we even have women actively campaigning against feminists, going against their own interests.

What’s wrong with wanting equality for all? That’s basically what feminism advocates for. And when I say equality I’m not talking about going to work, doing stereotypical male activities. I’m talking about equality in a social and political sense. Basically being entitled to equal rights.

Dear sspot, do you believe in human rights? Equality? If your answer is yes then I say you’re a feminist. Don’t be shy. Own it!

QueenofKings

Kick in the door wavin the .44
I think feminism has become quite distorted as a movement. There’s lots of crazy voices within it. I myself am not sure I can call myself a feminism because I don’t agree with what a lot of contemporary feminists have to say. But yeah if it’s about equality of rights, and women having the freedom to choose I’m all in.

Jellal

East-End General 💯☔
I'm a feminist depending on who's asking

And the bad reputation is cause yall females got some crazies within that group. Same way Somalis got a bad rep because a couple crazies dragged Mareykans across the street.

The movement got hijacked unfortunately. If it was truly about equality I’d probably be a feminist myself.
:kobeok:Besides feminism isn’t needed here in the Western world. Places like the Middle East where women are looked down upon need feminism, not feminazism.

Last edited:

AishaBarri

It’s not that serious
I think feminism has become quite distorted as a movement. There’s lots of crazy voices within it. I myself am not sure I can call myself a feminism because I don’t agree with what a lot of contemporary feminists have to say. But yeah if it’s about equality of rights, and women having the freedom to choose I’m all in.
I think most people associate the movement with crazy white feminists or ‘feminazis’. It might be a case of good message, wrong messenger. This might be the reason why women these days don’t like the label and would rather specify they are intersectional feminists or womanists.

AishaBarri

It’s not that serious
The movement got hijacked unfortunately. If it was truly about equality I’d probably be a feminist myself.
:kobeok:Besides feminism isn’t needed here in the Western world. Places like the Middle East where women are looked down open need feminism, not feminazism.
I agree. I’m not worried about white women fighting for their right to show their breasts in public :ohno: the developing world definitely needs this, especially our own community.

Batman_and_Robin_Vol_1_19.jpg
Feminist hoez have a nasty temperament.
They are uncooperative, unfeminine, unsubmissive.

Men are like Batman and es are like robin, I give orders and I dont want es thinking too much, es shouldn't be too educated or confident either.

I want es focused on cooking, cleaning, doing the laundry, chores, home, and pleasing ME.

I agree. I’m not worried about white women fighting for their right to show their breasts in public :ohno: the developing world definitely needs this, especially our own community.
Those cadaan “feminists” are the worst. They want to be oppressed so badly. Their complaints about being “oppressed” is disrespectful to women who really are.

AishaBarri

It’s not that serious
Feminist hoez have a nasty temperament.
They are uncooperative, unfeminine, unsubmissive.

Men are like Batman and b*tches are like robin, I give orders and I dont want b*tches thinking too much, b*tches shouldn't be too educated or confident either.

I want b*tches focused on cooking, cleaning, doing the laundry, chores, home, and pleasing ME.
This is not a discussion for misogynists. B*tches? Hoez? :gucciwhat::camby:

1610382940310.gif

Last edited:

AishaBarri

It’s not that serious
I'm a feminist depending on who's asking

And the bad reputation is cause yall females got some crazies within that group. Same way Somalis got a bad rep because a couple crazies dragged Mareykans across the street.
There’s crazies in every single group 🤷🏽‍♀️

QueenofKings

Kick in the door wavin the .44
:kobeok:Besides feminism isn’t needed here in the Western world. Places like the Middle East where women are looked down open need feminism, not feminazism.

It’s needed in the west too. It’s just different forms of oppression. One has a stick and says a woman can’t drive/go to school. The other hypersexualises women and reduces all of womanhood down to sex/sexuality, and that brings another set of problems for women. It’s like one wants to control by being possessive and the other wants to control by being a pimp. Both are horrible situation for women.

The people in the movement gave it a bad reputation plain and simple, the movement did started with reasonble demands (right to vote, have an education ect)

its now an oppressed competition with silly moral judgements

people say that it is not what people think it is, tell that to a chunk of your followers and "intellectuals" at the top to do something about that

Trending