Why does feminism have such a bad reputation?

Is feminism a good thing?

• Yes

Votes: 12 30.0%
  • No

Votes: 13 32.5%
  • I wanna say yes but I don’t like the label

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Idgaf

Votes: 10 25.0%

• Total voters

Jellal

East-End General 💯☔
While I agree that the elites benefit of our divisions, men aren’t making it any easier. How can we come together when we have men like @Bosco who genuinely don’t believe in women’s equality? Trolls don’t matter tbh but there’s people who think like this in real life.

View attachment 165162
Why would you expect men to support your cause when we won't benefit anything from it? If you want equality grab it with your own two hands. Frankly I don't think women in the west are opressed back home is a different story but idk why you'd expect people who kill each other to give a damn about women's rights.

Boogie

Islam wins doesnt take Ls Long Live Somalia 🇸🇴
No it's fucked I think Fay and Angelina are feminists and they are huge misandrists

BobSmoke

Flying over your heads
For as long as I’ve been on this forum and most spaces outside of mainstream social media, I’ve noticed a general disdain/dislike of feminism. I’ve been accused of being a feminist several times despite having rational and mild views. You’d think that I was seriously campaigning to bring down the male gender. Then I started to think what’s so wrong with being a feminist? Why does that label trigger so many people :cosbyhmm: These days we even have women actively campaigning against feminists, going against their own interests.

What’s wrong with wanting equality for all? That’s basically what feminism advocates for. And when I say equality I’m not talking about going to work, doing stereotypical male activities. I’m talking about equality in a social and political sense. Basically being entitled to equal rights.

Dear sspot, do you believe in human rights? Equality? If your answer is yes then I say you’re a feminist. Don’t be shy. Own it!

The feminist movement does not represent true feminism.
The movement pushes women to become more masculine rather than pushing the society to incentivize and reward women to be more feminine. Women deserve equal pay and opportunities

The reasons to why it's all lopsided is the capitalist influence to increase the tax base by inflation and raising the living cost so that the salary of the working class is not enough to support a family.

Consumerism of the past was nowhere near as bad as today. Thru media and social media, we are constantly being assaulted by shiny objects and whatever money we have will never be enough.
To keep up with our desires, we keep wanting more and more. This thing is beyond feminism, this is a pervasive phenomena.
It's the main reason for greed, crimes like corruption, murders by drug dealing. It all feeds the beast of capitalism and consumerism.

Our mental health is deteriorating due to feeling inadequate in a society that profits of you never feeling enough.
No money = no honey
No makeup = no man
No this = no that

And so on and so forth.

That's my 2 cents and I hope this made any sense despite trailing off topic

AishaBarri

It’s not that serious
Why would you expect men to support your cause when we won't benefit anything from it? If you want equality grab it with your own two hands. Frankly I don't think women in the west are opressed back home is a different story but idk why you'd expect people who kill each other to give a damn about women's rights.
1. Why do you have to benefit off it directly?
2. Spreading awareness is a start
3. Good point... :cosbyhmm:

Boogie

I disagree. I’ve seen their views. @Angelina has amazing points and I’ve never seen anything out of pocket. Misandry is completely different.
I disagree she tends to generalize all men way too much and blame problems on men for no reason and I dont like feminists because they blame all on men and media outlets do this as well (Buzzfeed)

Jellal

East-End General 💯☔
1. Why do you have to benefit off it directly?
2. Spreading awareness is a start
3. Good point... :cosbyhmm:
Because that's how the world works bud people don't care about "morals" or "doing the right thing" of course some men do but most won't give af about something that doesn't affect them. Men will never support feminism in big numbers unless there is something that they'll gain from supporting it. You can either cry about how men are fucked up for that or you can do what I said and grab equality with your own two hands. The only ally you got is yourself you think the hatians waited for somebody to free them from the french?

Even the few male feminists are only doing it to look good and score brownie points. They aren't honest with their intentions.

AishaBarri

It’s not that serious
The feminist movement does not represent true feminism.
The movement pushes women to become more masculine rather than pushing the society to incentivize and reward women to be more feminine. Women deserve equal pay and opportunities

The reasons to why it's all lopsided is the capitalist influence to increase the tax base by inflation and raising the living cost so that the salary of the working class is not enough to support a family.

Consumerism of the past was nowhere near as bad as today. Thru media and social media, we are constantly being assaulted by shiny objects and whatever money we have will never be enough.
To keep up with our desires, we keep wanting more and more. This thing is beyond feminism, this is a pervasive phenomena.
It's the main reason for greed, crimes like corruption, murders by drug dealing. It all feeds the beast of capitalism and consumerism.

Our mental health is deteriorating due to feeling inadequate in a society that profits of you never feeling enough.
No money = no honey
No makeup = no man
No this = no that

And so on and so forth.

That's my 2 cents and I hope this made any sense despite trailing off topic
1610387710349.gif

Well said. This makes so much sense. Capitalism and consumerism is the root of all evil.

AishaBarri

It’s not that serious
Because that's how the world works bud people don't care about "morals" or "doing the right thing" of course some men do but most won't give af about something that doesn't affect them. Men will never support feminism in big numbers unless there is something that they'll gain from supporting it. You can either cry about how men are fucked up for that or you can do what I said and grab equality with your own two hands. The only ally you got is yourself you think the hatians waited for somebody to free them from the french?

Even the few male feminists are only doing it to look good and score brownie points. They aren't honest with their intentions.
So you’re saying women should go to war with men? That’s not possible. The Haitian and French situation involves race. How exactly are we supposed to fight our fathers, brothers, husbands, uncles, ect. Surely this would have been attempted in the past if it was an option.

Boogie

I was cool with it until I saw the internet there is a difference between equal rights and modern feminism

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
For as long as I’ve been on this forum and most spaces outside of mainstream social media, I’ve noticed a general disdain/dislike of feminism. I’ve been accused of being a feminist several times despite having rational and mild views. You’d think that I was seriously campaigning to bring down the male gender. Then I started to think what’s so wrong with being a feminist? Why does that label trigger so many people :cosbyhmm: These days we even have women actively campaigning against feminists, going against their own interests.

What’s wrong with wanting equality for all? That’s basically what feminism advocates for. And when I say equality I’m not talking about going to work, doing stereotypical male activities. I’m talking about equality in a social and political sense. Basically being entitled to equal rights.

Dear sspot, do you believe in human rights? Equality? If your answer is yes then I say you’re a feminist. Don’t be shy. Own it!

First of ALL, is your your middle name "Amirah" If yes, i can't continue this subject. The weather is lovely, isn't it? :)

1610389019731.png

Jellal

East-End General 💯☔
So you’re saying women should go to war with men? That’s not possible. The Haitian and French situation involves race. How exactly are we supposed to fight our fathers, brothers, husbands, uncles, ect. Surely this would have been attempted in the past if it was an option.
No i'm saying don't expect men to help fix your problems

Why dudes are against feminism when it means a lot of sex with no strings attached, 50/50 relationships, less stress and responsibility overall.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The terms are so wide and vague, on purpose it only serves to create more confusion. How can you have a conversation when your words can have 100 definitions? Everyone has a different meaning of the word "feminism" in their heads and that's only one word.

It’s needed in the west too. It’s just different forms of oppression. One has a stick and says a woman can’t drive/go to school. The other hypersexualises women and reduces all of womanhood down to sex/sexuality, and that brings another set of problems for women. It’s like one wants to control by being possessive and the other wants to control by being a pimp. Both are horrible situation for women.

I was going to make a thread on this . Tbh in the west women objectify themselves, the music scene treats women like prostitutes , that WAP song by cardi b and Meghan was controversial yet was defended by many feminists . In fact mainstream culture from movies to apps (Instagram/only fans ) music reflects society. And obviously not all countries are the same , the Latin countries( France etc ) many women were against the metoo movement compared to women from Anglo Saxon countries

I disagree she tends to generalize all men way too much and blame problems on men for no reason and I dont like feminists because they blame all on men and media outlets do this as well (Buzzfeed)

I always say some.

And its always in relation to the way the men on sspot talk about women, so obviously i'm going to make points about the misogyny some men display. Be honest, threads like 'should women work' or western Somali women are xyz are very common here and you seem to have normalised it, but its me you have a problem with?

Defending women isn't misandry. Urging men to treat women better isn't misandry. Tell your fellow men to stop making threads dehumanizing us. All we women are asking is for some of your fellow men to treat us better.

Trending