Why does feminism have such a bad reputation?

Is feminism a good thing?

• Yes

Votes: 12 30.0%
  • No

Votes: 13 32.5%
  • I wanna say yes but I don’t like the label

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Idgaf

Votes: 10 25.0%

• Total voters

AishaBarri

It’s not that serious
It’s needed in the west too. It’s just different forms of oppression. One has a stick and says a woman can’t drive/go to school. The other hypersexualises women and reduces all of womanhood down to sex/sexuality, and that brings another set of problems for women. It’s like one wants to control by being possessive and the other wants to control by being a pimp. Both are horrible situation for women.
Where does that leave us Muslim women living in the west? Both sides have ridiculous expectations

AishaBarri

It’s not that serious
The people in the movement gave it a bad reputation plain and simple, the movement did started with reasonble demands (right to vote, have an education ect)

its now an oppressed competition with silly moral judgements

people say that it is not what people think it is, tell that to a chunk of your followers and "intellectuals" at the top to do something about that
That’s what I call white feminism :francis: I don’t associate with them. This is why many woc have distanced themselves. There’s actual women’s rights abuses going on back home, that’s what I’m referring to.

It’s needed in the west too. It’s just different forms of oppression. One has a stick and says a woman can’t drive/go to school. The other hypersexualises women and reduces all of womanhood down to sex/sexuality, and that brings another set of problems for women. It’s like one wants to control by being possessive and the other wants to control by being a pimp. Both are horrible situation for women.
A lot of the time it is other women that are fanning the flames of hyper sexualization, , onlyfans, prostitution ect and then are shocked when a lot of men puts your worth at your body alone

This needs to be discussed more tbh

That’s what I call white feminism :francis: I don’t associate with them. This is why many woc have distanced themselves. There’s actual women’s rights abuses going on back home, that’s what I’m referring to.
What are you fighting for personally that is different from white women feminism Aisha?

AishaBarri

It’s not that serious
@Bosco kindly take your bitter ass out of this thread

1610384037568.gif

I have the answer.
It's because of Buzzfeed and all those dumb 2010-2018 creators that would paint all feminists as fat enbys with blue hair.
It is about equality but you guys have been indoctrinated by right-wing media.

A lot of the time it is other women that are fanning the flames of hyper sexualization, , onlyfans, prostitution ect and then are shocked when a lot of men puts your worth at your body alone

This needs to be discussed more tbh

What are you fighting for personally that is different from white women feminism Aisha?
1) Women are hypersexualised from a young age because that behaviour is rewarded, whilst boys are encouraged to be rich girls are told to be pretty to have a rich husband. There would be no market if there was no demand so I don't see why you're blaming women who have been commodified and are already victims of capitalism.
2) Unlike a lot of white feminists who have made their voices heard and benefitted from affirmative action black and brown women were left behind. We want equal opportunities but as the faces of Islam in the west, black/brown muslim women are discriminated against far more than any other marginalised group.

AishaBarri

It’s not that serious
1610384506469.jpeg
Vs.
1610384795974.jpeg

I'm not fighting for anything personally but I’m just saying that women of different backgrounds, in our case Somali women, have different issues especially back home. Equality and access is what I’m talking about. You should look into intersectional feminism.

1) Women are hypersexualised from a young age because that behaviour is rewarded, whilst boys are encouraged to be rich girls are told to be pretty to have a rich husband. There would be no market if there was no demand so I don't see why you're blaming women who have been commodified and are already victims of capitalism.
2) Unlike a lot of white feminists who have made their voices heard and benefitted from affirmative action black and brown women were left behind. We want equal opportunities but as the faces of Islam in the west, black/brown muslim women are discriminated against far more than any other marginalised group.
Women, especially the ones on this forum seem to very fond of money, so the fact that they are marrying rich husbands is of their own choice (though there are a few problems with a mentality of that though it should be its own separate topic) boys are encouraged to get rich for women, there will always be a demand for easy access to women if a certain mentality is in place with men (which can be changed) but who is fueling the market? Women. And both are players in the exchange some of you guys are not in favor for what you guys want to fight against, hyper sexualization and seeing women beyond their bodies (which i support)

and in terms of black/and brown muslims being discriminated race and religion obviously plays a role in that and is another issue that is in the beliefs of certain people (i say religion plays more to it than race) and all of that is another hurdle, a hurdle being supported by the original founders of feminism might i add :pachah1:

Last edited:

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
Islam in its purest form puts women at very high standards. Too bad we don’t live in such a society :manny:

Just a matter of advocating for it, I see all these isms as a way of societies elites to get the docile masses to face off against eachother while they subjugate and rob them blind.

Example; Company workers underpaid --> point to woman and minorities get paid less than whites, they fight about it, overall workers wages stays the same.

AishaBarri

It’s not that serious
Just a matter of advocating for it, I see all these isms as a way of societies elites to get the docile masses to face off against eachother while they subjugate and rob them blind.

Example; Company workers underpaid --> point to woman and minorities get paid less than whites, they fight about it, overall workers wages stays the same.
While I agree that the elites benefit of our divisions, men aren’t making it any easier. How can we come together when we have men like @Bosco who genuinely don’t believe in women’s equality? Trolls don’t matter tbh but there’s people who think like this in real life.

1610386303191.gif

Trending

Latest posts