Why are most Somali men skinny?

Hybrid

Death Awaits You
Disagree. I treat it as a case by case thing. I believe the Somali skinny stereotype is overplayed. All my friends in high school weighed in minimum 170 pounds and were over 5”11.
You can be skinny and fat at the same time. Do you know how much they could bench press ? I saw many white dudes who never workout before that could easily bench press 135 lb

If you take a trip to West Africa I guarantee all you’ll see is:

images

images

images

Most Africans are generally ectomorph. Some populations do have a stockier build but that comes at the price of being short. I’d rather have a Cushitic face and be tall, than short and stocky. You can go to gym for your body, but you can’t go to gym for your face and height. :samwelcome:

These this odd misconception online that West Africans and Bantu population are jacked people. You are correct, most Africans are "ectomorph" but what West Africans and Bantu people have is rounder muscle bellies, which give them a great aesthetic dense look with the illusion of size when it's not there. Their shape of the muscle is different but overall the same is similar to other African population.

Disagree. I treat it as a case by case thing. I believe the Somali skinny stereotype is overplayed. All my friends in high school weighed in minimum 170 pounds and were all over 5”11.

Weight is a meaningless number. What's more important is lean muscle mass, bone structure/density and Body fat/conditioning.

Last edited:
You can be skinny and fat at the same time. Do you know how much they could bench press ? I saw many white dudes who never workout before that could easily bench press 135 lb

I’ve met many skinny as f*ck ectomorph white boys who couldn’t lift a 5 pound dumbbell to save a life. My younger brother and I also lifted 135 bench for our first time too, though we did get gassed out in the end. I just treat it as a case by case thing. :manny:

Lostbox

「Immortal Sage」| Qabil-fluid
VIP
We can go straight to gaining muscle with out having to lose weight first.

Bernie Madoff

Afhayeenka SL
VIP
I use to be till I started to work out. Gaining weight became a lot easier for me but also taking supplements helped :manny:

Trending