Whats your personality type?

Personality type

• Total voters

YourBroMoe

Who the fuck am I? ギくェズー
Ni isn't even a conscious thought process. It's more like an impression that comes seemingly out of nowhere to Ni users (i.e, a strong gut feeling about something). One theory is that Ni users collect all sorts of information through their extraverted sensing (Se) and this feeds their subconscious Ni process. Based on this, that thread wasn't very Ni-driven. I didn't have a gut feeling randomly that Somali culture was trash, I pointed to specific details and my conscious thought process about how those details create a backwards culture that needs to adopt from a more successful culture.
I guess I have no choice but to quote facts to back up my point conclusively.

From your own words from your own thread, in the first few paragraphs:

"White coastal Americans in the northern U.S are among some of the most prosperous, well-educated, and progressive people on the planet." - Te fact.

"Since I've lived among them nearly my entire life, I've been able to distill their winning traits which give them such a major advantage over all the other people of the world." - Observation seeming from Si, but insights were "distill" from it to gain the meaning of it within the subject: Ni.

"Since Somalia is a very backwards society that needs a major cultural revolution to save itself from complete extinction, I propose we adopt all of these traits for our society." - Te fact. No attempt to even dive deep in understanding why Somalia is backwards. Only looking at the external to come to that conclusion. No Ti.

"There is no shame in rejecting much of one's backward ingenious culture while adopting the winning traits of better functioning societies. There is no better example of this than the meiji restoration in Japan, when the Japanese westernized much of their culture, which at the time was isolationist and backward." - Te with Ni. An insight from history to see a vision of where to go. Similar methods to insightful thought were done by Hegel, and other continental philosophers.

"Northern Whites attach much of their self-worth to their productivity and professionalism at work. They work long and hard hours on the job for their employer, putting in much beyond the required hours and basic minimums. They aim for excellence and improvement, and are always top notch in their professionalism. I see this every day at my workplace. This also applies if they are self-employed or entrepreneurial. Notably, the obsession of northern whites on doing work and remaining productive is not simply relegated to the workplace. Even in their off hours they do productive things—rigorous exercise, reading and intellectual output, gardening and outdoor activities, civic engagement and volunteerism. They embody the Protestant Work Ethic which tells us "idle hands are the devil's playground."" - All Te factual information. Where's the Ti? Where's the deep systemic understanding? I don't see any at all.

"In contrast, Somalis might be the least productive people on the planet. In my trip to Somalia, I was shocked by the laziness and lack of professionalism among the people who were employed there. Arriving to work late, not completing tasks or completing them poorly, leaving work early, dealing with customers unprofessionally, not following rules and procedures, corruption---all of these things were completely pervasive at every level." - Te criticism to a T.

I could go on, but I'm sure I made my point clear.

You are definitely a Te user, not a Ti user.

YourBroMoe

Who the fuck am I? ギくェズー
:yacadiim: Why am I getting INFP consistently? What is the meaning of this? Lol
Tests are done to conclude your type from the model of 4 dichotomies. Not through functions.

Based on the model of 4 dichotomies, you get your energy from being alone.

You gain information from insights and possibilities.

You make value based decisions.

Your world view is more open ended.

That is the model for the tests done online. I usually get INTP from those tests myself. I think the functions are a better model, since they look at your psyche alone.

YourBroMoe

Who the fuck am I? ギくェズー
Personality type: “The Logician” (INTP-A)
Individual traits: Introverted – 65%, Intuitive – 60%, Thinking – 64%, Prospecting – 56%, Assertive – 51%
Role: Analyst
Strategy: Confident Individualism

Is that good bro? :damnmusic:
There is no good or bad type. But the test you did, which is from 16personalities.com is not based on the functions model.

That's explained on their website, here's the page for that:

https://www.16personalities.com/articles/our-theory

Read the paragraph titled: Our Approach. It explains that.

"White coastal Americans in the northern U.S are among some of the most prosperous, well-educated, and progressive people on the planet." - Te fact.

"Since I've lived among them nearly my entire life, I've been able to distill their winning traits which give them such a major advantage over all the other people of the world." - Observation seeming from Si, but insights were "distill" from it to gain the meaning of it within the subject: Ni.

"Since Somalia is a very backwards society that needs a major cultural revolution to save itself from complete extinction, I propose we adopt all of these traits for our society." - Te fact. No attempt to even dive deep in understanding why Somalia is backwards. Only looking at the external to come to that conclusion. No Ti.

"There is no shame in rejecting much of one's backward ingenious culture while adopting the winning traits of better functioning societies. There is no better example of this than the meiji restoration in Japan, when the Japanese westernized much of their culture, which at the time was isolationist and backward." - Te with Ni. An insight from history to see a vision of where to go. Similar methods to insightful thought were done by Hegel, and other continental philosophers.

"Northern Whites attach much of their self-worth to their productivity and professionalism at work. They work long and hard hours on the job for their employer, putting in much beyond the required hours and basic minimums. They aim for excellence and improvement, and are always top notch in their professionalism. I see this every day at my workplace. This also applies if they are self-employed or entrepreneurial. Notably, the obsession of northern whites on doing work and remaining productive is not simply relegated to the workplace. Even in their off hours they do productive things—rigorous exercise, reading and intellectual output, gardening and outdoor activities, civic engagement and volunteerism. They embody the Protestant Work Ethic which tells us "idle hands are the devil's playground."" - All Te factual information. Where's the Ti? Where's the deep systemic understanding? I don't see any at all.

"In contrast, Somalis might be the least productive people on the planet. In my trip to Somalia, I was shocked by the laziness and lack of professionalism among the people who were employed there. Arriving to work late, not completing tasks or completing them poorly, leaving work early, dealing with customers unprofessionally, not following rules and procedures, corruption---all of these things were completely pervasive at every level." - Te criticism to a T.

I think the issue here is that you are, as you said yourself, an ISTJ. ISTJs are classic sensors who struggle with intuition, which is last in their functional stack, and therefore are not the best at personality typing which requires a lot of intuition. if you are not an intuitive, you are very disadvantaged in any debate that relies on abstractions, even if you think your reasoning is sharp its flaws are apparent to those who are intuitive

Bro, What does Te, Ni means?

YourBroMoe

Who the fuck am I? ギくェズー
I think the issue here is that you are, as you said yourself, an ISTJ. ISTJs are classic sensors who struggle with intuition, which is last in their functional stack, and therefore are not the best at personality typing which requires a lot of intuition. if you are not an intuitive, you are very disadvantaged in any debate that relies on abstractions, even if you think your reasoning is sharp its flaws are apparent to those who are intuitive
Pathetic.

Instead of actually arguing my points, you cope out with a stereotype. What a waste of intellect. I'm truly disappointed.

Also, what you said is logically inconsistent. How am I able to successfully determine I'm an ISTJ from cognitive functions (which you agree on, since your argument hinges on me being an ISTJ), but miraculously, I cannot type others?

:bell:

Pathetic.

Instead of actually arguing my points, you cope out with a stereotype. What a waste of intellect. I'm truly disappointed.

Also, what you said is logically inconsistent. How am I able to successfully determine I'm an ISTJ from cognitive functions (which you agree on, since your argument hinges on me being an ISTJ), but miraculously, I cannot type others?

:bell:

If you are not an ISTJ, you definitely seem like a sensor. I only said ISTJ because that is what you typed yourself as.

Also, it's not a "stereotype." If you accept Jungian theory and MBTI, it is a fact that sensors are far less adept at imagining and debating abstract theories than intuitives. This is a foundational point of these personality theories. It's not that sensors can't consider abstractions, its just that they are not very good at it which is evident from all the myriad logical fallacies and errors that I see in your posts in this thread. It's sort of like trying to write with your left-hand when you are right-handed: you can do it, just not very well.

Trending