Whats your personality type?

Personality type

• Total voters
Care to elaborate? I'm a fan of personality psychology.

The MBTI is less accurate, but more useful since it actually types you.

The Big 5 is much more accurate, but not as useful.
I was always great with my studies through random intuitition. It's as if my brain calculates information behind the scene and just releases the information at certain times.

In linear algebra/tensor calculus I have found I am great at deducing solutions from simply looking at the question.

I lack focus due to my imaginative capabilities yet can create hundreds of branches from simple instances.

My intuition is not innate but rather has come from pattern recognition in life.

YourBroMoe

Who the fuck am I? ギくェズー
I was always great with my studies through random intuitition. It's as if my brain calculates information behind the scene and just releases the information at certain times.

In linear algebra/tensor calculus I have found I am great at deducing solutions from simply looking at the question.

I lack focus due to my imaginative capabilities yet can create hundreds of branches from simple instances.

My intuition is not innate but rather has come from pattern recognition in life.
If that's true, you sound like an NTP.

YourBroMoe

Who the fuck am I? ギくェズー
You shouldn't try to put people in boxes but rather we are all complex combinations of traits. We are all unique due to our genetic footprint and thus have varying skills.
You're correct. And that's trait psychology. Under the Big 5 model. It doesn't type you, but rather explains how you compare to others in particular traits (the Big 5).

That's what I meant above when I said most people are ambiverts. Their scores, which are relative to the overall population, are generally average. Few are really extroverted, and few are really introverted.

Typing is just a useful way of categorizing people to gain insights that could be beneficial to said person.

If you came up with a score of 37% introversion. That would be very accurate. However, what would you do with that? I'm sure you see what I mean now.

YourBroMoe

Who the fuck am I? ギくェズー
I think Introverts are the cream of the crop of Somalia. Somalis usually prefer loud obnoxious types to run their affairs.

There will an Introvert revolution In'sha'Allah:fittytousand:
Good luck getting them to band together.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
A lot of people like doing these long tests, that in my opinion aren't that great because it doesn't point out your type. I have 4 simple questions that will help out with it.

1. Are your thoughts predominantly deep or expansive?

2. Do you focus on experiences or meaning?

3. Do you desire to understand or evaluate things.

4. Do you do more of answer 2 or answer 3.

If you don't understand a question, ask, and I'll clarify.

Thanks.

1. Expansive/Lateral
2. Meaning
3. Understand
4. Somewhat split

@YourBroMoe

Unlike a Ti user (which is what you claim to be), you arguments were laid out factually

Are you suggesting that Ti users (introverted thinking) do not base their arguments based off facts? If so, that is totally incorrect.

Both Te and Ti users use facts, and much more fluently than non-thinking types.

the differences are that Te users tend to like to extrovert their thinking process and organize the external world around their factual understanding while Ti users tend to be less concerned about the outside world and organizing it and just like to understand things for their own analytical sake, for their own personal understanding. Because they extravert their thinking so much (e.g think of the guy who is always talking during work meetings), Te users tend to be better on-the-spot public speakers, however, they lose to Ti users when it comes to accuracy as they are inclined toward speed instead of accuracy (a Ti user would be the guy who is quiet for most of the meeting, but then toward the end drops some very insightful comments that cover issues in a much deeper and well-thought out way than the blabbermouth Te user )

Si is the stereotypical sensor you describe

Many intuitive types have Si in their functional stack, e.g. INTP. Intuitives can have some inclination for tradition---particularly their own personal traditions (e.g. I have always eaten at this restaurant and its food is good, so therefore I will continue would be typical Si) . However I was speaking generally between the functions (N vs S), and overall sensors typically have a greater attachment to social traditions (e.g. religion).

YourBroMoe

Who the fuck am I? ギくェズー
Thanks.

1. Expansive/Lateral
2. Meaning
3. Understand
4. Somewhat split
First question is to get what dimension your dominant function would be. Your answer suggests extroverted.

The second question is to determine you perception of the world. Your answer suggests intuition.

The third question determines your judgment. Your answer suggests thinking.

The fourth question was suppose to get whether you predominant use intuition or thinking.

So Te vs Ne, and Ni vs Ti. ENTJ or ENTP.

Please answer the following:

1. Do you debate people with facts that support your argument? Or do you dissect what doesn't make sense from your opponent's argument?

2. Do you focus on your life's meaning existentially? Or do you explore the possibilities of what something could be in the real world?

YourBroMoe

Who the fuck am I? ギくェズー
@YourBroMoe

Are you suggesting that Ti users (introverted thinking) do not base their arguments based off facts? If so, that is totally incorrect.

Both Te and Ti users use facts, and much more fluently than non-thinking types.

the differences are that Te users tend to like to extrovert their thinking process and organize the external world around their factual understanding while Ti users tend to be less concerned about the outside world and organizing it and just like to understand things for their own analytical sake, for their own personal understanding. Because they extravert their thinking so much (e.g think of the guy who is always talking during work meetings), Te users tend to be better on-the-spot public speakers, however, they lose to Ti users when it comes to accuracy as they are inclined toward speed instead of accuracy (a Ti user would be the guy who is quiet for most of the meeting, but then toward the end drops some very insightful comments that cover issues in a much deeper and well-thought out way than the blabbermouth Te user )

Many intuitive types have Si in their functional stack, e.g. INTP. Intuitives can have some inclination for tradition---particularly their own personal traditions (e.g. I have always eaten at this restaurant and its food is good, so therefore I will continue would be typical Si) . However I was speaking generally between the functions (N vs S), and overall sensors typically have a greater attachment to social traditions (e.g. religion).
Incorrect. Introversion is a dimension of the subjective. To understand from within the subjective dimension, you must determine things logically. Facts will come into play for this understanding. But it's not needed.

You thread, which was the example I used before, did not dive deep into understanding why things happen. You pretty much laid out the external facts (dimension of the extroverted world), to lay out an insightful image of what to perceive (which you define as Ti, but is really Ni).

Se users definitely do not have an inclination of tradition. I'd say they're the 2nd least traditional type, only after Ne users.

"a Ti user would be the guy who is quiet for most of the meeting, but then toward the end drops some very insightful comments that cover issues in a much deeper and well-thought out way than the blabbermouth Te user"

Ignoring the bias I already see with your views on Te, this insightful comment can come from Ti, Si, Ni or Fi. It's dependent on the topic explored.

Is it an insight on a person's values, which people didn't explore deep enough on an individual level? Fi.

Is it a fact that seems new, but it has happened before in the same exact way, as observed from one's memories? Si.

Is it a flaw in understanding one aspect of the system, that you understand as the missing link to understanding it? Ti.

Is it an observation based on insights not immediately laid out (like your example suggested)? That's Ni.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
First question is to get what dimension your dominant function would be. Your answer suggests extroverted.

The second question is to determine you perception of the world. Your answer suggests intuition.

The third question determines your judgment. Your answer suggests thinking.

The fourth question was suppose to get whether you predominant use intuition or thinking.

So Te vs Ne, and Ni vs Ti. ENTJ or ENTP.

Please answer the following:

1. Do you debate people with facts that support your argument? Or do you dissect what doesn't make sense from your opponent's argument?

2. Do you focus on your life's meaning existentially? Or do you explore the possibilities of what something could be in the real world?

1. Hard to tell but more so dissecting what doesn't make sense.
2. Exploring possibilities.

You thread, which was the example I used before, did not dive deep into understanding why things happen. You pretty much laid out the external facts (dimension of the extroverted world), to lay out an insightful image of what to perceive (which you define as Ti, but is really Ni).

Ni isn't even a conscious thought process. It's more like an impression that comes seemingly out of nowhere to Ni users (i.e, a strong gut feeling about something). One theory is that Ni users collect all sorts of information through their extraverted sensing (Se) and this feeds their subconscious Ni process. Based on this, that thread wasn't very Ni-driven. I didn't have a gut feeling randomly that Somali culture was trash, I pointed to specific details and my conscious thought process about how those details create a backwards culture that needs to adopt from a more successful culture.

Trending

Latest posts