What will happen if somaliland reunites with somalia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that would be a perfect display of the characteristic wilful ignorance that's rife in Somali politics. SL has clearly different historical and political context to the other regions and therefore a political settlement in recognition of that fact would be the sensible thing to do.

And surely what you suggest was what happened in the 31 years that we were under xamar, what's that saying about the definition of insanity, doing same thing expecting different results
You get no special treatment. No clan gets treated in a special way. You are vastly outnumbered by other Somalis. Unless you advocate for special treatment of a minority because we don't want to hurt their feelings. If you want political representation you're welcome in the Xamar parliament

Hmm Landers don’t want to be part so let them leave.

But there needs to be an amicable divorce, we’re neighbors and we have to engage with each other.

MadNomad

As i live and breathe
Strength in numbers. Apart we will forever be at the mercy of stronger nations. United we stand a chance on the global stage. It's simple really.

Silky

操你的媽媽
You get no special treatment. No clan gets treated in a special way. You are vastly outnumbered by other Somalis. Unless you advocate for special treatment of a minority because we don't want to hurt their feelings. If you want political representation you're welcome in the Xamar parliament

The only conditions of ceding control I would have are that SL admin (now regional) have absolute control over:

agriculture, forestry and fisheries, education and training, environment, health and social services, housing, law and order, local government, sport and the arts, tourism and economic development, transport, social security, immigration, employment, broadcasting, trade and industry, energy, consumer rights, data protection.

Along with this an independent central bank free from xamar control.

In terms of defence; the right to maintain a large and viable national guard, with air and naval capabilities (in case you get any 80's ideas)

And parliamententary approval (which should obv be representative in terms of population) for treatises and declaration of wars.

If that's special consideration then so be it.

MadNomad

As i live and breathe
Somalia is absolutely Willing to share and meet SL demands if it means SL will be back into the fold. We would be stupid to not take advantage

Correct. There's a golden chance for SL to have its cake and eat it too. But the cuqdad ridden ictiraaf generation would never go along with any of that. Geo politics is clearly not their strong suit. They would rather remain in limbo for another 30 years.

It's not about population tanzania does it in terms of politics people will be sharing in terms of geographical area rather than clan it would bring political stability just like Tanzanian remember Tanganyika is ten times bigger per population than Zanziber my friend old system has look what it has done to the country total balkanisation.

Akhi we are not Tanzania and zanzibar...

History of Tanzania and zanzibar is big difference...in Tanzania people were running after zebras butt naked were zanzibar waa an international trading centre.. ethnicity wise these people were vastly different from one and another at the time of joining...

You can't differentiate between isaaq iyo somalida kale like tht..

So thts an irrelevant comparison...

The only conditions of ceding control I would have are that SL admin (now regional) have absolute control over:

agriculture, forestry and fisheries, education and training, environment, health and social services, housing, law and order, local government, sport and the arts, tourism and economic development, transport, social security, immigration, employment, broadcasting, trade and industry, energy, consumer rights, data protection.

In terms of defence; the right to maintain a large and viable national guard, with air and naval capabilities (in case you get any 80's ideas)

And parliamententary approval (which should obv be representative in terms of population) for treatises and declaration of wars.

So an "independent" country part of Somalia by name and paper? I get it.

I find that reasonable.

Your suggestions is the only way, because territorial disputes can’t be settled when Somaliland is alone, that only leads to conflict.

A weak federal government is the way to go.

Karim

I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
HALYEEY
VIP
A dialogue between the secessionists and FGS will never be fruitful.
The FGS can solve this issue by simply recognizing SSC as a Federal state and that'll be enough to dismantle their 27+ dream.

A dialogue between the secessionists and FGS will never be fruitful.
The FGS can solve this issue by simply recognizing SSC as a Federal state and that'll be enough to dismantle their 27+ dream.
I think that if they left SSC alone then a lot of people would be OK with the SL secession

SomaliWadaniSoldier

Weeping for the Nation of 68
Interahamwe
VIP
Sland has much more to win with union.

Let say they separate and Xabashis attack them or other enemy. We wouldnt help them cuz they are separate country.
However within unity we help each other.

Von

With blood and Iron will we reach the fatherland
Personally, Somaliland would have a larger share on shaping on the Somali destiny, plus they would direct access to the human resources and mineral resources including water. Historically when we are divided we get ruled but when united, Africa and Arabia fear us.

We were meant to rule:fredo:

BankaTuyo

حيران
Well that would be a perfect display of the characteristic wilful ignorance that's rife in Somali politics. SL has clearly different historical and political context to the other regions and therefore a political settlement in recognition of that fact would be the sensible thing to do.

And surely what you suggest was what happened in the 31 years that we were under xamar, what's that saying about the definition of insanity, doing same thing expecting different results

LOL, sometimes you just have to shake your head and continue with your life.

BankaTuyo

حيران
Personally, Somaliland would have a larger share on shaping on the Somali destiny, plus they would direct access to the human resources and mineral resources including water. Historically when we are divided we get ruled but when united, Africa and Arabia fear us.

We were meant to rule:fredo:

preach brother.!! we need each other.

BankaTuyo

حيران
You are right we need proper discussion unfortunately southern politician say the union is muqadas while it is the same situation in the north seccession is muqadas I believe the south should offer a new union formula to somaliland this offer should be similar to Tanzania one. This means first putland cannot claim any part of somaliland but reality on the ground south somalia has gone for federal system based on clan line if that continues somaliland should succeed even if it means somaliland will be only cerigaaboh burco hargreisa and berbera.

even if the south has gone with federal system, somaliland should negotiate for a confederation based on on 60 borders, then there you go problem solved. united we stand ---- separated we fall.

Karim

I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
HALYEEY
VIP
I think that if they left SSC alone then a lot of people would be OK with the SL secession
Not Me. They're running away from the union coz of Darods. We need to make sure they stay in the union regardless of whether SSC becomes a Federal state or not.

Our ambitions of cleansing them won't be possible if they achieve independence that's why we need them to stay in the union.

BankaTuyo

حيران
Not Me. They're running away from the union coz of Darods. We need to make sure they stay in the union regardless of whether SSC becomes a Federal state or not.

Our ambitions of cleansing them won't be possible if they achieve independence that's why we need them to stay in the union.

Please debate with a level of constructive criticism here, your post has nothing to do with the thread discussion, and remember it is ramdan billaahi calayk.

in all seriousness, how will you convince extreme secessionists from their quest and rather stay with somalia? no clan bashing or blaming anyone.

Agreed.

Status
Not open for further replies.