What will happen if somaliland reunites with somalia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
All right... this thread like money others before it, has the potential to produce a serious discussion on the Somalia/Somaliland issue, but sadly it won't be long until low lives cuqdad ridden elements of both sides hijack the thread and render the point of discussion moot.

i do not really understand the unilateral secession of somaliland from the union, infighting between somali clans has been happening for a long time, and it will happen in the future also, so the argument of [Waa nala laayay] of the most extreme secessionists doesn't hold water. at least in my opinion. the issue of succession is far more deep than they admit.

on the other hand you have the blind unionists who claim somaliland belongs to somalia, and it should be forced to remain so, even if the majority of the people of somaliland [Beesha dhexe] and a number of the other clans are for seceding from the rest of somalia. they turn a blind eye to examine the real issue or the cause of succession.

as for your question, [in my opinion] the extreme [midnimadu waa muqadas camp], think if somaliland secedes from the union of 1960 it will lead to a run away chain reaction culminating in the balkanization of former somalia.

i personally would love to see a re-union based on the 1960 borders, in the form of confederation with an ideal power sharing of 60%-40% (president from the south and prime minister from the north or vice versa). but what can you expect from people who could not respect ramadan and laylatul qadr. God help us all.

@nine @Boqor Quark Boqor Cisman

Like seriously..
60-40 isaaq iyo Somali oo dhan...

This is what I was talking about yesterday..I thought these kinds of thoughts died 10 years ago...

Kulaha 60/40...

Somebody tell this fool Benaadir iyo shabeelaha hoose have more population than all of Somaliland including their imaginary British border combined...

BankaTuyo

حيران
Youre clear bias towards harti you mention beesha dhexe yet you dont mention harti whos land isaac are claiming was given by the british colonialiat.

Somalia has had a tribal war yoire clearly being bias due to enmity you bare for harti.

you seem to be confusing tribal issues with national issues.
who holds your highest form of allegiances, the tribe or the nation?

claiming certain clan and their land by blood line is wrong, on an equal footing claiming a certain clan and their land by western drawn demarcation is wrong.

i believe in dialogue, all differences should be resolved through dialogue [Geedka Garta ayaa ragga kala saara].

now stick to the question and answer? what sort of union would you be satisfied with, if not, what kind of break up would you want to see.

BankaTuyo

حيران

Like seriously..

This is what I was talking about yesterday..I thought these kinds of thoughts died 10 years ago...

Kulaha 60/40...

Somebody tell this fool Benaadir iyo shabeelaha hoose have more population than all of Somaliland including their imaginary British border combined...

ok, i understand where you are coming from, but tell me what would be an ideal power sharing between a hypothetical confederation btwn somaliland and somalia?

Bohol

VIP
Horta why are people delusional. Somaliland is already part of Somalia (since 1960). That is
why you have MPs , ministers etc allocated for the north and other positions representing it. In
reality Somaliland is not any different than the other federal states who are represented in the
Somalia government. If reer waqooyi want the PM or President they will have to wait for 1 man
1 vote elections in Somalia in 2020.

Cognitivedissonance

A sane man to an insane society must appear insane
Stay WOKE
VIP
you seem to be confusing tribal issues with national issues.
who holds your highest form of allegiances, the tribe or the nation?

claiming certain clan and their land by blood line is wrong, on an equal footing claiming a certain clan and their land by western drawn demarcation is wrong.

i believe in dialogue, all differences should be resolved through dialogue [Geedka Garta ayaa ragga kala saara].

now stick to the question and answer? what sort of union would you be satisfied with, if not, what kind of break up would you want to see.
Somalia had a civil war that was tribal based and today no tribe trusts another every federal state is tribal the federal government is a tribal system 4.5 the federal Parliament is tribal :drakewtf:

BankaTuyo

حيران
Horta why are people delusional. Somaliland is already part of Somalia (since 1960). That is
why you have MPs , ministers etc allocated for the north and other positions representing it. In
reality Somaliland is not any different than the other federal states who are represented in the
Somalia government. If reer waqooyi want the PM or President they will have to wait for 1 man
1 vote elections in Somalia in 2020.

can't argue with that, you seem to be implying somaliland in it's colonial form is a federal state, but what about people who believe SSC should be with puntland or a separate state?

Cognitivedissonance

A sane man to an insane society must appear insane
Stay WOKE
VIP
ok, i understand where you are coming from, but tell me what would be an ideal power sharing between a hypothetical confederation btwn somaliland and somalia?
Theres no somaliland and somalia you're still living in the colonial era theres only somalia and the federal government is based on a tribal system after the civil war no tribe trusts another so every tribe made their own federal states the federal government is based on 4.5 a tribal system

Saalax Bidaar

Truthfulness so often goes with ruthlessness
Somaliland is already part of Somali republic. Since no nation recognized it is still part and parcel of Somalia. Its status is no different than Puntland although SL is eldest Somali state.

Just because Faisal Cali Waraabe and couple of crazy people say that we have more in common with Amxasr doesn’t make it true. We are very much still part of Somalia.

BankaTuyo

حيران
Somaliland is already part of Somali republic. Since no nation recognized it is still part and parcel of Somalia. Its status is no different than Puntland although SL is eldest Somali state.

Just because Faisal Cali Waraabe and couple of crazy people say that we have more in common with Amxasr doesn’t make it true. We are very much still part of Somalia.

be that as it may, but you didn't answer the question of the thread, convince "Somalilanders" why they should be part and parcel of Somalia, and why in your opinion a break away is not feasible or good for them? in other words put yourself in the shoes of the most extreme secessionist.

Saalax Bidaar

be that as it may, but you didn't answer the question of the thread, convince "Somalilanders" why they should be part and parcel of Somalia, and why in your opinion a break away is not feasible or good for them? in other words put yourself in the shoes of the most extreme secessionist.

So there are only two routes open. Join Somalia as fully autonomous state that have local army, police force and entitled to $$ from local ports all whilst enjoying all amenities of recognized country such as passports to travel and do business.

Or stay where you are whilst being entertained by crazies like Faisal Cali Waraabe and possibly be absorbed into Ethiopia.

BankaTuyo

حيران
So there are only two routes open. Join Somalia as fully autonomous state that have local army, police force and entitled to $$ from local ports all whilst enjoying all amenities of recognized country such as passports to travel and do business.

Or stay where you are whilst being entertained by crazies like Faisal Cali Waraabe and possibly be absorbed into Ethiopia.

Thank you, that was a good point, do i sense i hint of power sharing in your reply?

i personally believe in a confederation, similar to that of Tanzania between the two territories, but only after somaliland sorts it is internal conflicts, injustices, and misrepresentations first.

Saalax Bidaar

Thank you, that was a good point, do i sense i hint of power sharing in your reply?

i personally believe in a confederation, similar to that of Tanzania between the two territories, but only after somaliland sorts it is internal conflicts, injustices, and misrepresentations first.
Somalia is absolutely Willing to share and meet SL demands if it means SL will be back into the fold. We would be stupid to not take advantage

All right... this thread like money others before it, has the potential to produce a serious discussion on the Somalia/Somaliland issue, but sadly it won't be long until low lives cuqdad ridden elements of both sides hijack the thread and render the point of discussion moot.

i do not really understand the unilateral secession of somaliland from the union, infighting between somali clans has been happening for a long time, and it will happen in the future also, so the argument of [Waa nala laayay] of the most extreme secessionists doesn't hold water. at least in my opinion. the issue of succession is far more deep than they admit.

on the other hand you have the blind unionists who claim somaliland belongs to somalia, and it should be forced to remain so, even if the majority of the people of somaliland [Beesha dhexe] and a number of the other clans are for seceding from the rest of somalia. they turn a blind eye to examine the real issue or the cause of succession.

as for your question, [in my opinion] the extreme [midnimadu waa muqadas camp], think if somaliland secedes from the union of 1960 it will lead to a run away chain reaction culminating in the balkanization of former somalia.

i personally would love to see a re-union based on the 1960 borders, in the form of confederation with an ideal power sharing of 60%-40% (president from the south and prime minister from the north or vice versa). but what can you expect from people who could not respect ramadan and laylatul qadr. God help us all.
You are right we need proper discussion unfortunately southern politician say the union is muqadas while it is the same situation in the north seccession is muqadas I believe the south should offer a new union formula to somaliland this offer should be similar to Tanzania one. This means first putland cannot claim any part of somaliland but reality on the ground south somalia has gone for federal system based on clan line if that continues somaliland should succeed even if it means somaliland will be only cerigaaboh burco hargreisa and berbera.

Like seriously..

Kulaha 60/40...

It's not about population tanzania does it in terms of politics people will be sharing in terms of geographical area rather than clan it would bring political stability just like Tanzanian remember Tanganyika is ten times bigger per population than Zanziber my friend old system has look what it has done to the country total balkanisation.

If SL want to stay in Somalia then they are getting no special treatment. There will be no appeasal of the seperatists. Get with the program and integrate into Somalia or continue to be in limbo for the next 20+ years in your clan enclave.

Silky

操你的媽媽
If SL want to stay in Somalia then they are getting no special treatment. There will be no appeasal of the seperatists. Get with the program and integrate into Somalia or continue to be in limbo for the next 20+ years in your clan enclave.

Well that would be a perfect display of the characteristic wilful ignorance that's rife in Somali politics. SL has clearly different historical and political context to the other regions and therefore a political settlement in recognition of that fact would be the sensible thing to do.

And surely what you suggest was what happened in the 31 years that we were under xamar, what's that saying about the definition of insanity, doing same thing expecting different results

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts