What is the biggest money maker in Somalia? (Puntland and Somaliland)

What sector in the Somali economy is the most lucrative or what could be lucrative?

I honestly don’t see myself living there full time, not until I retire. My goal is to buy property in New York and that’s something really hard to do. $1 million+

I have a degree (engineering) and would like to make a lot of guap.

Even if it doesn’t require education, I’ll do it, I just want to make as much as possible.

Also, if you have anything you’re doing I’d like to know how you navigated everything and how it’s going.

I won’t go to Mogadishu tho. I want to make money, not be ransomed for it.
:deadpeter:

What sector in the Somali economy is the most lucrative or what could be lucrative?

I honestly don’t see myself living there full time, not until I retire. My goal is to buy property in New York and that’s something really hard to do. $1 million+

Even if it doesn’t require education, I’ll do it, I just want to make as much as possible.

Also, if you have anything you’re doing I’d like to know how you navigated everything and how it’s going.

Remittances. Dahabshiil already dominates that though sadly.

They won't pay well. Are you an engineer?
Yeah, Structural Engineer. Right now I’m working for the New York Port Authority. They pay well but the Cost of Living in NYC is unreal. Alhamdulliah I’m comfortable, but I would like to buy property and right now it looks difficult if not impossible to buy anything in New York.

Perhaps buying in another state makes sense, but I still would want to buy something...ballin
:mjswag:

anywhere outside of mogadishu is a retirement hub but if you really wanna make P's home to the largest consumers is xamar cadey other cities are just villages AKA TUULO
sass2.png

SirLancelLord

Reformation of Somaliland
VIP

Start a business or shop .

Pick something you really like in NYC then make a carbon copy of that in Xamar or Hargeisa or where ever else.