What is a somali?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bro she's got the jarrer fever
She can do one with a Jarrerange
She won't be accepted back in to the somali community and she will have to renounce her somalinimo.

Fear Allah, i'm not going to hate on a group of people that have lived in Somalia for centuries. They are Muslim, speak Somali and are culturally Somali.

I was raised properly and not be hateful towards my fellow muslims, my family have educated me on how terribly these maskeen people have been treated. Anyone that has lived amongst them will tell you how kind these people are. So why walaal do you hate them?

Shaydaanka iska naar. Authobillah

They aren't like AAs. They can tell you exactly where they came from and how they got there. They can even still speak their language.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zigula_language
We already live in a region(sub-sahara africa) thats dominated by Madows.

If we allow the Madows to replace us demographically then our people will definitely go extinct...by Allah(SWT) we won't allow this to happen peacefully.
:fittytousand:
2608140975_e3253c027f.jpg

main-qimg-be638cb152eeda0e8d335e1efa3fd309.jpeg

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
No, we have bantus in our Somali community where we live. Believe me, most have no idea. The ones from Xamar behave and speak the same as the cadcads and Somalis from Xamar. I grew up around them and they would often integrate into the Somali community here, and they behave just like us. I've noticed the cadcads would marry into them though.
I used to think of them as being any other Somali Habr Yaar, although as I child I could sense they looked very different.

The rest usually speak Af-maay.

Walal, have you ever been around them?
The ones that are like the cadcads are from Swahili merchants. They are part of the cadcad community and have married Persians, Pakis, Arabs, etc, for centuries. This has produced the group that we now refer to as cadcad. That's why some cadcads look light skinned but Madow. They are completely separate from the Tanzanian ones that came recently.

Marquis

Highly Respected
VIP
No, Somalis are very qabilist, if they turn on each other, what makes you think they will not turn on people who are weaker than them? Cadcads regardless of their wealth, do not have the man power or the numbers to take on the Habr Gidr and other Hawiye clans who out number them 10-1.

It isn't about whether they are deemed worth the protection, its just that in the Somali mindset the only one deemed worth the protection is your clan member. Hence, why the stronger your clan, the less likely you will be abused as your clans can defend themselves from attack.

Things were so bad during the height of the civil war, you had maternal cousins killing each other just because they were from different clans. Ethnic Somalis were killing each other, who shared the same grandmother!!

If someone can turn on their own flesh and blood and not give them protection due to clan loyalty, what makes you think they will protect cadcads?????

is your mother Habar Gidir?

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
There is a difference between being Somali in nationality and ethnicity. Bantus and Cadcads in Somalia are Somali by nationality but they're ethnically not Somali because they're not racially Cushitic. People shouldn't confuse the two.

It's like a Somali person living in Britain. He's British by passport but he's not ethnically Anglo-Saxon.

Last edited:
There is a difference between being Somali in nationality and ethnicity. Bantus and Cadcads in Somalia are Somali by nationality but they're ethnically not Somali because they're not racially Cushitic. People shouldn't confuse the two.

It's like a Somali person living in Britain. He's British by passport but he's not ethnically Anglo-Saxon.

I agree with what you said. They are not ethnically Somali

But do you think they can't call themselves Somali, like the rest of the posters?

For many of them, Somali is the only identity they know. At least with the Somali British, they know for certain their origin and can go back home. The same cannot be said for non ethnic Somalis. They have been in Somalia for such a long time, they have lost their ties to their ethnic origin.

The vast majority of CadCads do not know for certain where they are from. Hence, why a lot are very wadani. They are a people mixed with Yemeni, Omani, Indian and Somali. Some like the Shanshi are mixed with Persian.

Reer Barawa, are even more confused. You have some even claiming Portuguese.

Apollo

VIP
I hate that Somalia is named Somalia.

This gives Bantus, Oromos, and Arab-Pakistani-Swahili mutts the right to call themselves Somali with a straight face.

Wish Somalia was named Azania instead, so this pointless debate would never exist.

They have zero Portuguese ancestry. This is just another dumb myth similar to the dumb Darod & Isaaq being Arab myth. Completely debunked by Reer Barawes taking 23andMe tests.

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
I agree with what you said. They are not ethnically Somali

But do you think they can't call themselves Somali, like the rest of the posters?

For many of them, Somali is the only identity they know. At least with the Somali British, they know for certain their origin and can go back home. The same cannot be said for non ethnic Somalis. They have been in Somalia for such a long time, they have lost their ties to their ethnic origin.

The vast majority of CadCads do not know for certain where they are from. Hence, why a lot are very wadani. They are a people mixed with Yemeni, Omani, Indian and Somali. Some like the Shanshi are mixed with Persian.

Sources indicate that the Benadiri do not constitute a "clan" because they do not claim to have a common ancestor. Cadcads have sub-clans with different origins claiming specific regions. For example, you have Ashraf who claim their origins from Yemen and then you have Shanshiyo who claim their origins from Persia. Barwani in Barawa have Portuguese origins.

The Bantus in Somalia still know their language and mix it with Af-Maay. I have Rahanweyn friends who told me they know their origins and claim Majindo, Makua, Nyasa, Yao, Zalama, Zaramo and Zigua which ethnic groups of Tanzania, Mozambique and Malawi.

If Bantus and Cadcads want to claim Somali, that's fine but they should know that their ethnically not Somali but by nationality instead.

Last edited:
I hate that Somalia is named Somalia.

This gives Bantus and Arab-Swahili mutts the right to call themselves Somali with a straight face.

Wish Somalia was called Azania instead, so this pointless debate would never exist.

I say with this with the least disrespect.

Going by Somali standards, your Somalinino would most deffo be questioned due your non Muslim status. A bit ironic don't you think?

The average Muslim Somali would claim an Cadcad Muslim brother over you. No point calling them mutts when they would have more rights than you.

Don't take this personally by the way. Just had to point out this ironic fact.

But Islam and Somalinino is interwined.

Last edited:

Apollo

VIP
I say with this with the least disrespect.

Going by Somali standards, your Somalinino would most deffo be questioned due your non Muslim status. A bit ironic don't you think?

The average Muslim Somali would claim an Cadcad Muslim brother over you. No point calling them mutts when they would have more rights than you.

Don't take this personally by the way. Just had to point out this ironic fact.

But Islam and Somalinino is interwined.

Disagreed, just another opinion.

Somalinimo is purely genetic.

Ethnicity is something you are born with. It cannot be linked with stuff in your mind.

Also, a Somali who is only half Somali, but with a Somali abtiris (Somali father) is still just a half Somali and not a full Somali.

My standard is the most logical.

Disagreed, just another opinion.

Somalinimo is purely genetic.

Ethnicity is something you are born with. It cannot be linked with stuff in your mind.

Also, a Somali who is only half Somali, but with a Somali abtiris (Somali father) is still just a half Somali and not a full Somali.

My standard is the most logical.
Do you agree with the idea that a halfie with a Somali father is considered Somali, but one with a Somali mother isn’t?

I personally think it’s a load of bull. A halfie is still genetically half foreign, or matter if the Somali parent is male or female. But some here like to argue that half Somali from a Somali father is the same as an ethnic Somali bc of that made up qabiil bullshit.
:ayaanswag:

Apollo

VIP
Do you agree with the idea that a halfie with a Somali father is considered Somali, but one with a Somali mother isn’t?

I personally think it’s a load of bull. A halfie is still genetically half foreign, or matter if the Somali parent is male or female. But some here like to argue that half Somali from a Somali father is the same as an ethnic Somali bc of that made up qabiil bullshit.
:ayaanswag:

That outdated system was created by people working with Suugo Science 1.0 while we are on Suugo Science 2.0. :siilaanyosmile:

Marquis

Highly Respected
VIP
Nope, just spend a lot of time with my mums side of the family. There is more of them in the UK. Plus dad spent most of his early teenage and early adulthood in Xamar. Went school there and everything.

What Hawiye sub clan are they? HG? Murusade?

Marquis

Highly Respected
VIP
First you ask for their subtribe then their sub sub tribe, then you'll be asking for my government name. They are Abgaal.

Now stop asking me 101 questions.

Im Abgaal too :friendhug:

Expect me to back you up and give you plenty of positive ratings from here on in. :denzelnigga:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending