What is a somali?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kratos

Sonder
You're not Somali. Get over it.
Okay fine, I will return to Islam. BRB, going to take my shahada and repent for all the blasphemy I committed.

A_Few_Moments_Later.jpg

Done. I am now a Muslim. Does this mean I'm Somali again?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Leon Osmans kids look full white but have a Somali great-grandfather.

But Somalis do not believe that Darood could've been Arab and mixed with full Somalis.

Fear Allah, i'm not going to hate on a group of people that have lived in Somalia for centuries. They are Muslim, speak Somali and are culturally Somali.

I was raised properly and not be hateful towards my fellow muslims, my family have educated me on how terribly these maskeen people have been treated. Anyone that has lived amongst them will tell you how kind these people are. So why walaal do you hate them?

Shaydaanka iska naar. Authobillah
Aren't most (60%) of the bantu living in Somalia christian? :yacadiim:
They have more in common with our neighbors in the south then they do with us. There is even a growing separatist movement among them. Can we at least deport those guys? :shookgabre:

Apollo

VIP
Aren't most (60%) of the bantu living in Somalia christian? :yacadiim:
They have more in common with our neighbors in the south then they do with us. There is even a growing separatist movement among them. Can we at least deport those guys? :shookgabre:

Most of them are Muslim, some animist, some Christian (mainly due to Italian missionaries targeting them as they were easy bait).

We need a clear definition of a Somali because we have couple of morons on this site who believes Somali Bantu descedants or Persians/Arabs are not Somalis.

What is a Somali?

If the answer is to belong to one of the major clans or Gabooye federation in HOA then would a man like Leon Osman be considered a Somali since his paternal grandfather is one?

Leon-Osman-686958.jpg

Leon Osman's parent were born in Europe and he doesn't speak or look Somali but he would be considered one if we use the patriarch system. Now a Somali Bantu who lived in Somalia for two to three centuries and shares the same religion and langauge will never be considered a Somali by a lot of users of this site.

So what is a Somali?

he has that famous somali forehead, he cannot hide it, his awow is surely somali then, what else is he mixed with?

a bantu is not somali, nor are cad cads or persians, a somali is the ethnic horn of africa, darood, dir and hawiye and who ever claims one of them (mainly dir and hawiye welcome anyone so thats them, shekhaal, hawdley, etc are not hawiye but become one in 1991, regadless they are hawiye politically, just the way arab salax is darood,

oh and raxanweyn are somalis too i guess though they are bordelrine sicne they speak another language and garre hate being called somalis until they get karbashed by boran and need help from Ogaden or dagodia in liban region, then they become somali,

i hear by delcare a somali is darood, dir and hawiye and 1door is included in dir politically, and the rest are either marti or foreingers, and a somali is those who the brtiish divided of somaliweyn into the 3 nations and djabouti

Status
Not open for further replies.