What is a somali?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate that Somalia is named Somalia.

This gives Bantus, Oromos, and Arab-Pakistani-Swahili mutts the right to call themselves Somali with a straight face.

Wish Somalia was named Azania instead, so this pointless debate would never exist.

They have zero Portuguese ancestry. This is just another dumb myth similar to the dumb Darod & Isaaq being Arab myth. Completely debunked by Reer Barawes taking 23andMe tests.
stop being racist, be qabilist and anti Ethiopia but not racist to helpless innocent people like somali bantu who have not anything to us, racism has no place in somali culture

We need a clear definition of a Somali because we have couple of morons on this site who believes Somali Bantu descedants or Persians/Arabs are not Somalis.

What is a Somali?

If the answer is to belong to one of the major clans or Gabooye federation in HOA then would a man like Leon Osman be considered a Somali since his paternal grandfather is one?

Leon-Osman-686958.jpg

Leon Osman's parent were born in Europe and he doesn't speak or look Somali but he would be considered one if we use the patriarch system. Now a Somali Bantu who lived in Somalia for two to three centuries and shares the same religion and langauge will never be considered a Somali by a lot of users of this site.

So what is a Somali?
i also don't mind somali bantu being considered somali
wallahi it aint that deep.
i am proud of my somali heritage and have a superior complex but it's not on the bases of a race or being non bantu, i like bantu peopleand consider them my fellow black african brothers and sisters, f*ck cushite bullocks i hate ethiopia
i only care about paternal linage, i would welcome a majerteen brother who has a somali bantu mother or a arab mother.

They are ethnic Bantus from the powerful Bantu tribe that rules 1/3rd of Africa.

Stop denying people's true roots.
okey i am not denying it
it is up to them, if a somali bantu brother tells me he identifies as a somali i would except it and consider him a somali, if he says he identifies as a non somali then i'm fine with it

I'm a southerner, and I know for a fact that Bantus work in our fields and the rest of them are
squatters. They don't have any land ownership rights or have any legal papers to prove it. A northern Somali has more rights to land ownership than them.

Apollo

VIP
I'm a southerner, and I know for a fact that Bantus work in our fields and the rest of them are
squatters. They don't have any land ownership rights or have any legal papers to prove it. A northern Somali has more right to land ownership than them.

I hear that Somalis in NFD district in Kenya refuse to sell commercial land / real estate to non-Somalis.

:ooh:

I hate that Somalia is named Somalia.

This gives Bantus, Oromos, and Arab-Pakistani-Swahili mutts the right to call themselves Somali with a straight face.

Wish Somalia was named Azania instead, so this pointless debate would never exist.

They have zero Portuguese ancestry. This is just another dumb myth similar to the dumb Darod & Isaaq being Arab myth. Completely debunked by Reer Barawes taking 23andMe tests.
Wow you’re stupid. First don’t call us mutts . My auntie who is not Barawani got 0.5%European. But anyway you can say it’s statistical noise but a lot of my relatives have it.Which honestly is not a lot but it’s something! Personally my dna says 28% Ethio 21% Somalis 13% MENA 7% South Asian and 12% Sudanese. How has being “pure” benefited you at all?

Last edited:

Apollo

VIP
Wow you’re stupid. First don’t call us mutts . My auntie who is not Barawani got 0.5%European. But anyway you can say it’s statistical noise but a lot of my relatives have it.Which honestly is not a lot but it’s something! Personally my dna says 28% Ethio 21% Somalis 13% MENA 7% South Asian and 12% Sudanese. How has being “pure” benefited you at all?

Wow you’re stupid.

Bragging about 0.5% statistical noise.

:O27GWRK::snoop:You guys are not Portuguese, give it up.

Bantus and CadCads are only "Somalis" nationality wise, anyone who argues otherwise is an idiot. Just because Somalis haved live in the UK since the late 1800s doesn't mean they are Anglo-Saxons now, does it?. Learn to differentiate between Nationality and Ethnicity. Bantus and CadCads are not Somali in the ethnic sense (Duh!).

The Bantus are Somali only by nationality. @HalimaJ you are taking things way too personally.

I'm not a bantu to be taking it too personally. I'm just disgusted by people's racist and close minded attitude towards them.

This might seem normalised to you but some on here sound like stormfront nazis when the topic of bantu is brought up.

Kratos

Sonder
To answer the OP, a Somali needs three things:

1. Diin
  2. Lineage
  3. DNA
If one of these things is missing, they are not Somali.

Lineage and DNA yes but diin no. A Somali who leaves Islam is not viewed as a non-Somali, just a Somali oo gaaloowey. They may be shunned by the wider Somali community but that's because we are unfortunately a generally closed-minded and collectivist people who cannot tolerate the existence of any individuals within our community who deviate from social norms and dare to hold an unpopular opinion. Because that's technically what non-Muslim Somalis are, people who hold an unpopular opinion.

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
Lineage and DNA yes but diin no. A Somali who leaves Islam is not viewed as a non-Somali, just a Somali oo gaaloowey. They may be shunned by the wider Somali community but that's because we are unfortunately a generally closed-minded and collectivist people who cannot tolerate the existence of any individuals within our community who deviate from social norms and dare to hold an unpopular opinion. Because that's technically what non-Muslim Somalis are, people who hold an unpopular opinion.
You're not Somali. Get over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending