What do you all do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Natives, Somalis, other blacks, whites. Childish, violent, throwing cups full of shit and piss from their cell. And you don't carry weapons when dealing with them.

Do you meet people in there than can be made useful or is it pretty much over for all of them?

They are looking for minorities in the police force. If you are healthy and your vision is 20/40 plus , you are in. Your experience as a corrections officer would propel you to the top of the resume pile.

We need Somalis in all professions. Especially police.

Bachelor of science in nursing. A four year degree in university.

It's funny when I look at the diaspora I see a nation. But then you realise that we are so individualized. Somehow tribe or any other form has been unable to mutuate into some kind of mutually beneficial institutions. I think the individual idea of success is the problem.

It's funny when I look at the diaspora I see a nation. But then you realise that we are so individualized. Somehow tribe or any other form has been unable to mutuate into some kind of mutually beneficial institutions. I think the individual idea of success is the problem.
Individualism is what brings success to the Somali diaspora. The western world is built on individualism.

Individualism is what brings success to the Somali diaspora. The western world is built on individualism.

It's also what results in slavery. It is no surprise that there is only on tribe in England. The Queen knows her ab tirso. The regular guys don't know dad. If you become individualized you get the illusion of success, but factual weakness. We need to hack their system for info and angles then bounce.

Malcolm X

The price of freedom is death
Yes, they are valuable. But I would say principally in terms of access of resources. I studied at 3 of the top 4 unis in the UK on the way to getting my doctorate, and I think although you get a comfortable life, extreme success is for those with the balls to go outside the career track. I also think we can only affirm our worth as a people by getting out of their system, which is failing and was not designed for us.

:ohhh: Are you me? I went to top 5 unis for two of my degrees. I wont be studying third degree though.

I felt it was worth going for the top because you'll have to pay £9k tuition fee. Who has bursaries? Only the top ones.

I worked my ass off paying off the tuition fees before the interest kicked in.

For most careers, the most important thing is getting your foot in the door. Top unis gets you good jobs which you can build from there. Lower end unis get you at bad or no jobs and you'll have to spend 1-3 years more catching up.

:ohhh: Are you me? I went to top 5 unis for two of my degrees. I wont be studying third degree though.

I felt it was worth going for the top because you'll have to pay £9k tuition fee. Who has bursaries? Only the top ones.

I worked my ass off paying off the tuition fees before the interest kicked in.

For most careers, the most important thing is getting your foot in the door. Top unis gets you good jobs which you can build from there. Lower end unis get you at bad or no jobs and you'll have to spend 1-3 years more catching up.

Haha this might be one of those plot twists where SSpot is just one guy, the Somali version of Split. I think we are unlucky in that a masters distinguish you without question whereas now the doctorate the final doors that have the greatest barriers. The key I believe is to develop idiosyncratic skills, and that means not just attending but contributing. I think our generation will take that step, across a broad spectrum of fields.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending