Top 10 reasons why "Somaliland" shouldn't be a nation

Status
Not open for further replies.
No they don't, I'm talking about the puntlanders. Puntland is also a peaceful part of somalia with even Ethiopian immigrants flocking there. Oh yes, because you are pro-somaliland independence, give me atleast 3 good reasons why Somaliland should be independent

why anyone give you 3 reasons. you shouldn't be chasing thm, waxwaalan gave you all the information you needed.

That's far fetched, we need to focus on the isaaqs leaving us rather than people joining us.
it’a great idea. first get the people that actually want to join you.

The only thing that is keeping Somalia's unionist side happy is the fact that Somaliland has no international recognition , it wouldn't give a big impact on the somalis in the so called somaliland republic.

it’s all from insincere desires. wishing evil upon your ”own” people. you put it great!

However it would give a big impact on Somalia. Is it fair that one tribe gets independence and the rest don't? If the isaaqs are independent, the population of somalia would believe that somalia should cease to exist due to unification being impossible and the isaaqs already siding with nations that want to take advantage of somalia.

all that is irrelevant background noise. somaliland has grounds for seeking independance. they would be independant today if they didn’t choose to join south somalia, which means it would be a country just like Djibouti. you are implying somaliland has no grounds for independance, which again proves to me you know little of somali history going back. its not some far fetched reality that somaliland could have been independant. this is not jubbaland lol.
You say the voices of the major subclans of isaaq, but then want about the isaaqs that don't want a somaliland?
what about the non isaaqs that support somaliland recognition :mybusiness:

Puntland is an autonomous state. They are officially under Somalia, but rule themselves. Why choose to rule yourselves if you are pro Somalia? :gaasdrink:
That's far fetched, we need to focus on the isaaqs leaving us rather than people joining us. The only thing that is keeping Somalia's unionist side happy is the fact that Somaliland has no international recognition , it wouldn't give a big impact on the somalis in the so called somaliland republic. However it would give a big impact on Somalia. Is it fair that one tribe gets independence and the rest don't? If the isaaqs are independent, the population of somalia would believe that somalia should cease to exist due to unification being impossible and the isaaqs already siding with nations that want to take advantage of somalia. You say the voices of the major subclans of isaaq, but then want about the isaaqs that don't want a somaliland?

Somaliland was a different country that joined you in 1960,and after you left a bad taste in their mouth decided to opt out. you have no right to tell thm what to do. whether some landers are for or against shouldn't concern you.

No they don't, I'm talking about the puntlanders. Puntland is also a peaceful part of somalia with even Ethiopian immigrants flocking there. Oh yes, because you are pro-somaliland independence, give me atleast 3 good reasons why Somaliland should be independent
can you read? the current government is in moqdishu, the capital is in moqdishu. would the people of moqdishu be willing to give another somali city the ✅ to be capital

it’a great idea. first get the people that actually want to join you.

it’s all from insincere desires. wishing evil upon your ”own” people. you put it great!

all that is irrelevant background noise. somaliland has grounds for seeking independance. they would be independant today if they didn’t choose to join south somalia, which means it would be a country just like Djibouti. you are implying somaliland has no grounds for independance, which again proves to me you know little of somali history going back. its not some far fetched reality that somaliland could have been independant. this is not jubbaland lol.

what about the non isaaqs that support somaliland recognition :mybusiness:
I do not want evil upon my somali brothers and sisters, Siad Barre's Genocide against isaaqs, I condemn it. I don't know any non-isaaqs that want somaliland to be independent, because the funny thing is, whenever somalis escape war to the region of somaliland, they get rejected. It's so sad to see that the somaliland authorities are rejecting somalis to enter somaliland but treat foreigners like kings and queens. The recognition of somaliland is just reinforcing old colonial borders, which don't sound good don't they? I'm saying a greater somalia is far fetched.

, because the funny thing is, whenever somalis escape war to the region of somaliland, they get rejected. It's so sad to see that the somaliland authorities are rejecting somalis to enter somaliland but treat foreigners like kings and queens. .

you should know that's a BIG lie.

Siad Barre's Genocide against isaaqs, I condemn it. I don't know any non-isaaqs that want somaliland to be independent
you just said it yourself: siad barre comitt genocide against isaaqs. so is it weird that they want to secede?

did genocide against isaaqs because the funny thing is, whenever somalis escape war to the region of somaliland, they get rejected.It's so sad to see that the somaliland authorities are rejecting somalis to enter somaliland but treat foreigners like kings and queens.
i’m not gonna reply to you anymore because you are coming with zero facts. its just emotional outburst. no evidence.
why are you debating somali history without knowing somali history :noneck:

The recognition of somaliland is just reinforcing old colonial borders, which don't sound good don't they?
if you actually did research, you would know the borders by the colonials were based on actual information of where clans live. they are accurate.

I'm saying a greater somalia is far fetched.
:mahubowtf: then what the hell are we debating

you just said it yourself: siad barre comitt genocide against isaaqs. so is it weird that they want to secede?

i’m not gonna reply to you anymore because you are coming with zero facts. its just emotional outburst. no evidence.
why are you debating somali history without knowing somali history :noneck:

if you actually did research, you would know the borders by the colonials were based on actual information of where clans live. they are accurate.

:mahubowtf: then what the hell are we debating
Just because a government are genociding suspected traitors does that mean that they have the right to declare independence? Tell me, how many Iraqis did Saddam hussein kill, but did any of them declare independence despite the FACT that they were sunni and shia? If the colonial borders were so accurate, why is there still a tiny portion of isaaq land in ogaden?

I don't mind you, but I don't like the idea of a somaliland, I'm just gonna make a thread that doesn't create the fitna that made the disunity between us

Zero

Somaliland patriot
Somaliland is the only country in the world that is debt free and the only country in sub sahara Africa that fully funds its operations budget and doesn’t receive general budget support from developed countries.Sub sahara Africa receives the highest share of Official Development Assistance(ODA). Approximately 20% of their budget is financed through a general budget support.Their debts will continue to rise.

Compared to bordering countries,we have nothing to fear.Somaliland just needs a few investments to become the Dubai of the horn.One of the main reasons why uniting with Somalia would be foolish to say the least.

As an isolated unrecognized de facto state for almost 30 years we have already managed to move forward and make remarkable progress.The current and next generations of Somaliland won't make the same disastrous and costly mistake our stupid ancestors made when they united with a country that was majority Darood who controled both the political and military landscape.They wasted half a century of development for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.