this is how they are living in war torn syria

Keep it a boqol

La Ilaha Illallah
Hundreds of thousands are at risk of famine every year in Somalia. The suffering Somalis faced during the entire period of the military regime is less than any year post 1991. 43k people died last year in famine for example.
a whole generation gone to waste raised on anarchy, no education, mooryanism and terrorism and niggas have the audacity to say we’re better off now :mjlol:

World

VIP
How are we estimating these numbers?

Let us look at the numbers in their rightful context, and draw a distinction between natural disasters, and deaths & displacements caused by the regime?

I consider what happened post 1978 as the legacy of the regime.
In the context of discussing whether Somalis are better off during or after the military regime, why wouldn’t I consider droughts and famine?

A famine is not a natural disaster but a result of human actions or lack of action to prevent it. In the source I posted, you can see that between 300-500k people died within 1991-1993. So over 30 years ago, there was already probably 10x more deaths that occurred than during the military regime.

yasmeen

summer break 7/1-?
In the context of discussing whether Somalis are better off during or after the military regime, why wouldn’t I consider droughts and famine?

A famine is not a natural disaster but a result of human actions or lack of action to prevent it. In the source I posted, you can see that between 300-500k people died within 1991-1993. So over 30 years ago, there was already probably 10x more deaths that occurred than during the military regime.

The fact they even said there needs to be a distinction….please. I was dying when I read that.πŸ˜‚They’re arguing in bad faith.

Why would you need to make a distinction when everything that has happened post 1991 was the direct result of not having a functional government? Unbelievable!

@World
The flaw in bringing up human loss resulting from drought, whilst a tragic, and a national embarrassment in the 21st century, is I do not think the military regime could have been able to prevent it. Ask yourself: what mitigating controls or measures had been implemented to prevent future droughts other than relocating nomads.

@yasmeen
There is another thing you might not be considering: the military regime was on its death kneel, in ICU, surviving on aspirin, and foreign aid, which if cut off it would have been perished in no time.

Tell you what, let us continue the conversation another time, for I have got a dinner engagement to attend to.

Mr. Nur

Aspiring Somali CEO πŸ‡ΈπŸ‡΄
Why are women in Syria and Palestine allowed to freely walk with their hair but in Somalia it's a basically a death sentence?
Sister I'm sorry if I coming in across as harsh, but I believe that haya (modesty) and hijab are important parts of Islam, and they help us develop takwa (piety). If you live in the West, you may have been brainwashed into thinking that these values are not important. However, I urge you to relax and keep your opinion to yourself. We should all strive to follow the teachings of Islam and develop our takwa, regardless of where we live.

World

VIP
@World
The flaw in bringing up human loss resulting from drought, whilst a tragic, and a national embarrassment in the 21st century, is I do not think the military regime could have been able to prevent it. Ask yourself: what mitigating controls or measures had been implemented to prevent future droughts other than relocating nomads.

@yasmeen
There is another thing you might not be considering: the military regime was on its death kneel, in ICU, surviving on aspirin, and foreign aid, which if cut off it would have been perished in no time.

Tell you what, let us continue the conversation another time, for I have got a dinner engagement to attend to.
We’re not talking about droughts though, but famine. A government can prevent famine by providing clean water, sanitation, distributing food etc. If the military government was able to airlift hundreds of thousands of people to the southern parts of the country in such a short time, they would also easily be able to distribute food, water and prevent famine. The fact that Dabadheer was the only drought with significant casualties speaks for itself. Whilst every year post 1991, tens or hundreds of thousands of innocent people die due to famine.

yasmeen

summer break 7/1-?
For a mature, intelligent conversation, let us avoid this type of language, shall we?

I did not insult nor curse you walaal I’m keeping it civil but that’s how flawed I view your argument. I cannot understand how you’re overlooking our points. I respect your pov because it’s evident it’s coming from a place of hurt but still some of the things you said I find extremely unreasonable. And that’s okay. Let’s agree to disagree.

Enjoy your supper! I didn’t mean to get you riled up. I just like to debate, I’m annoying like that. πŸ˜‚

yasmeen

summer break 7/1-?
Sister I'm sorry if I coming in across as harsh, but I believe that haya (modesty) and hijab are important parts of Islam, and they help us develop takwa (piety). If you live in the West, you may have been brainwashed into thinking that these values are not important. However, I urge you to relax and keep your opinion to yourself. We should all strive to follow the teachings of Islam and develop our takwa, regardless of where we live.

I don’t believe she is muslim.

And nonetheless, whether in a muslim or kaffir nation, it shouldn’t be a requirement to don a hijab if one doesn’t wish to wear it. Bodily autonomy should be respected.

Mr. Nur

No wallahi, I'm not here to judge whether she is a Muslim or a kaffir nation, but I want to teach these liberal feminists to stay humble. I'm already securing PTs and SIT reports on this fellow member to all #SSpot staff and @Admin. Wallahi, this needs to be taken action on. We can't have some trolls playing with our religion like these @Lebronjames, @malab, and more. they should know how important to communicate our thoughts and opinions in a respectful and professional manner, even when we disagree with others and should avoid using offensive language and focus on constructive dialogue to address one-self concerns.

Mr. Nur

I don’t believe she is muslim.

And nonetheless, whether in a muslim or kaffir nation, it shouldn’t be a requirement to don a hijab if one doesn’t wish to wear it. Bodily autonomy should be respected.

• Some feminists and liberals her in SSpot oppose the hijab because they believe it symbolizes gender inequality and the lack of free choice for Muslim women
    • The hijab is a religious symbol Okay worn by Muslim women to cover their hair and neck cuz they choose to not force opon.

yasmeen

summer break 7/1-?
  • Some feminists and liberals her in SSpot oppose the hijab because they believe it symbolizes gender inequality and the lack of free choice for Muslim women
    • The hijab is a religious symbol Okay worn by Muslim women to cover their hair and neck cuz they choose to not force opon.

I’m gaal. I’m sorry I agree with them 100% πŸ˜‚ it’s hard for men to see where we are coming from because you haven’t lived your life as a woman. I won’t disrespect your religion as long as you can maintain respect for us.

yasmeen

summer break 7/1-?
No wallahi, I'm not here to judge whether she is a Muslim or a kaffir nation, but I want to teach these liberal feminists to stay humble. I'm already securing PTs and SIT reports on this fellow member to all #SSpot staff and @Admin. Wallahi, this needs to be taken action on. We can't have some trolls playing with our religion like these @Lebronjames, @malab, and more. they should know how important to communicate our thoughts and opinions in a respectful and professional manner, even when we disagree with others and should avoid using offensive language and focus on constructive dialogue to address one-self concerns.

I see. Well you can’t tone police around here. As long as they follow the forum’s guidelines everything goes. It’s the wild, wild west here πŸ˜…

reer

VIP
We’re not talking about droughts though, but famine. A government can prevent famine by providing clean water, sanitation, distributing food etc. If the military government was able to airlift hundreds of thousands of people to the southern parts of the country in such a short time, they would also easily be able to distribute food, water and prevent famine. The fact that Dabadheer was the only drought with significant casualties speaks for itself. Whilst every year post 1991, tens or hundreds of thousands of innocent people die due to famine.
theres no reasoning with them. they dont wanna say it but they prefer being occupied, emsculated and cucked by amisom and being 30+ year qaxootis and have a whole generation raised in statelessness (somalia) or cayr and gangs (europe and canada). they prefer their politicians make pilgrimage to addis and nairobi.

Last edited:
All right, @World @yasmeen
It is I, and not they; let us go by that which I say, not what others might say, or have said. Let us set parameters for own sanity, and if unclear, do ask, instead of assuming:

a) On a scale of 1 - 10, how familiar are you with the history of ardu Somal?
b) Have you visited ardu Somal in the last 10 years?
c) Who is the 'they', some of you are referring to?

@yasmeen
Now, what extremely unreasonable things have I said? Try to be as objective as you could.

Postscript:
For the record:
a) The death and destruction that which befell the nation, and continues to beset, was the legacy of the tyrannical regime,

b) I do not consider the current state 'good', nor desirable, nor worse than that of the 80s, judging from recorded historical events, if anything I consider it better than then. In the country as a whole, measurable factors to consider include health, education, clean water, number of schools, colleges, and universities, and students; social ills, degeneracy, debauchery, licensed violence etc.

c) I do not consider a tyrannical regime, subjugating its citizenry, operating in a single city, of 20 miles, a gov't by or of itself, if anything, it was a brutal mafia outfit comprising various groups, and whilst it utilised tribalism as means to realise its goals, its leadership was of, and from all clans,

d) I do not consider lack of just, functional gov't a desirable state, nor do I consider a bad gov't a suitable alternative,

e) Working towards the attainment of a representative gov't is the goal, and if doing so entails struggling, I'd rather that than the alternative.

Over to youS.

Last edited:

yasmeen

summer break 7/1-?
All right, @World @yasmeen
It is I, and not they; let us go by that which I say, not what others might say, or have said. Let us set parameters for own sanity, and if unclear, do ask, instead of assuming:

a) On a scale of 1 - 10, how familiar are you with the history of ardu Somal?
b) Have you visited ardu Somal in the last 10 years?
c) Who is the 'they', some of you are referring to?

@yasmeen
Now, what extremely unreasonable things have I said? Try to be as objective as you could.

Postscript:
For the record:
a) The death and destruction that which befell the nation, and continues to beset, was the legacy of the tyrannical regime,

b) I do not consider the current state 'good', nor desirable, nor worse than that of the 80s, judging from recorded historical events, if anything I consider it better than then. In the country as a whole, measurable factors to consider include health, education, clean water, number of schools, colleges, and universities, and students; social ills, degeneracy, debauchery, licensed violence etc.

c) I do not consider a tyrannical regime, subjugating its citizenry, operating in a single city, of 20 miles, a gov't by or of itself, if anything, it was a brutal mafia outfit comprising various groups, and whilst it utilised tribalism as means to realise its goals, its leadership was of, and from all clans,

d) I do not consider lack of just, functional gov't a desirable state, nor do I consider a bad gov't a suitable alternative,

e) Working towards the attainment of a representative gov't is the goal, and if doing so entails struggling, I'd rather that than the alternative.

Over to youS.

Gosh. You are so eloquent. You have a gift for writing. I wish I could write up something as articulate as this. The pandemic and my shameful internet addiction has fucked my attention span and made me a lil dumb, I’ll admit. I’ll ponder about this and be back. I want to write up something that doesn’t sound like the ramblings of a mad woman.

Gosh. You are so eloquent. You have a gift for writing. I wish I could write up something as articulate as this. The pandemic and my shameful internet addiction has fucked my attention span and made me a lil dumb, I’ll admit. I’ll ponder about this and be back. I want to write up something that doesn’t sound like the ramblings of a mad woman.
That is very good of you, walaal. No rush, we could continue at time permits, days from now, should need be, for the object is to share ideas, agree where we do, disagree where we do not, and still converse. I am enjoying the interaction.

Trending