this is how they are living in war torn syria

@waffl3r @yasmeen
See, children of the ruling political classes, who are convinced they had been deprived of their paradise, and those of the rebels, who fought against injustices, will never agree on the matter.
My family wasn't part of the ruling class bro. I get what ur saying, but the aftermath of the rebellion wasn't exactly heaven. Our country is divided up with foreign militaries doing as they please. Our oceans polluted, resources stolen, people trafficked and the list goes on. All the injustices you mentioned persisted after the rebellion and arguably to a higher degree. That's why personally i'd choose the old govt since there was at least some semblance of law and order.

Funny thing about the rebels was that they didn't have a plan for what came next. It was a shitshow where they just went on a rampage. Even SL which people like to treat as a success is a shithole by every metric and crumbling before our eyes after 30 wasted years. At least in other places the rebels usually have an objective and a plan for what comes next.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

My family were not part of the ruling class
The military regime was NOT tribal-based, and some of the worse affected communities were of that tribe.
My family wasn't part of the ruling class bro..
Very good. A point I wish to drive home, and must be understood is: what has been happening in ardu Somal was the legacy of the military regime, and not the creation of the rebels.

We are now going through a rite of passage, which all societies can not skip, and a future of modern nation state shall come to pass.

World

VIP
Hundreds of thousands are at risk of famine every year in Somalia. The suffering Somalis faced during the entire period of the military regime is less than any year post 1991. 43k people died last year in famine for example.

yasmeen

summer break 7/1-?
The military regime was NOT tribal-based, and some of the worse affected communities were of that tribe.

Very good. A point I wish to drive home, and must be understood is: what has been happening in ardu Somal was the legacy of the military regime, and not the creation of the rebels.

We are now going through a rite of passage, which all societies can not skip, and a future of modern nation state shall come to pass.

We can’t keep blaming a dead man for the reason the country is the way it is. It is 100% the fault of the rebels.. It’s time to look at the bigger picture walaal.

World

VIP
Reference?
3660CFD1-9E7B-4AFA-8C4A-DD0C0453CCF9.jpeg

yasmeen

summer break 7/1-?
Threadke, huuno?

I asked for some insight on the archaeological research link I posted in the thread the other day. I forgot the title but you know the one.

I was excited to read your write up! I thought I was going to wake up to a good read πŸ˜‚ btw if it’s not invasive can I ask what you study? From what I can garner from your many posts here, you know a ton of the history, language, and dhaqan in the Horn. Are you self taught and fueled by curiosity or is this your profession?

yasmeen

summer break 7/1-?
Walaal, it was not a man, but a system, a regime.

So, if I were to go by that logic, we should have accepted the subjugation, the wanton imprisonments, the killings, the rape, the water well poisonings?

That doesn’t justify what happened but I’d rather take a shitty government that could have been reformed over time for the better over the chaos and disarray we have now. Runta bes baan kuu sheega. You are acting like there was no chance to reform this government. There were governments more brutal than ours that have since been reformed. What was our excuse to not do that? You really believe addressing war crimes was an impossible task?

I’m simply looking the bigger picture.

How are we estimating these numbers?

Let us look at the numbers in their rightful context, and draw a distinction between natural disasters, and deaths & displacements caused by the regime?

I consider what happened post 1978 as the legacy of the regime.

Even if you make that distinction, the events that had occurred post-war was sooo much more devasting to our people than anything that government could have ever done. We are taking into account our level of security, the total death count, the environmental damage, infrastructure damage, the lack of control over our sovereign land, our vulnerability to foreign intervention, the sanctions, and so much more. You can’t be serious walaal. I’m trying to understand you, truly, but it’s hard because this is just unreasonable in the face of everything that happened post 1991.

Trending

Latest posts