this is how they are living in war torn syria

Yes, walaal. As the old Somali proverb goes: 'I'd rather live like a lion for a day than a mouse in a million'. As a nomad, I'd rather struggle for years, and have my 'qab' and 'han' intact, than live in subjugation.
Wallahi this is some bs. I'd rather live under the regime than whatever somalia is today. Just shows how detached you are from reality. The normal civilian population in somalia do not live like "Lions" in any sense. Matter of fact, i think a lot of them would jump at the opportunity to be the mouse in this scenario.

Shimbiris

Ψ¨Ω‰ΩŽΨ± ΨΊΩ‰ΩŽΩ„ Ψ₯ي؀ ΨΉΨ’Ω†Ψ€ Ω„Ψ€
VIP
Yes, walaal. As the old Somali proverb goes: 'I'd rather live like a lion for a day than a mouse in a million'. As a nomad, I'd rather struggle for years, and have my 'qab' and 'han' intact, than live in subjugation.
f4ZCElV.jpg

Rag rag dhalay

yasmeen

summer break 7/1-?

But don’t you think a shit government has the potential to be reformed?

Compare it to the complex situation on the ground back home today. How do you even begin to reform and rebuild that?

One is an easier demand than the other. It’s so obvious to me.

But don’t you think a shit government has the potential to be reformed?

Compare it to the complex situation on the ground back home today. How do you even begin to reform and rebuild that?

One is an easier demand than the other. It’s so obvious to me.
It is being reformed, and rebuilt, walaal, slowly, but gradually, and envisage a much better Somalia in the next 30 years.

Good. What have you been told about the 70s & 80s?
I know that those times weren't good for a good chunk of population living outside of xamar. I also know about the abuses that went on, but i still believe it was better than what has occurred since the collapse of that govt. I've heard a lot of what many people including my own family have gone through in the past 30 years and i genuinely believe that it would've been better if the country didn't rebel

I know that those times weren't good for a good chunk of population living outside of xamar. I also know about the abuses that went on, but i still believe it was better than what has occurred since the collapse of that govt. I've heard a lot of what many people including my own family have gone through in the past 30 years and i genuinely believe that it would've been better if the country didn't rebel
Walaal, I am not blind to the horrors of the last 30 years, but could I ask what had been done to your family in the 80s? I just want to compare something things with you.

yasmeen

summer break 7/1-?
It is being reformed, and rebuilt, walaal, slowly, but gradually, and envisage a much better Somalia in the next 30 years.

I know. I have faith but it’s still an uphill battle.

To me, it just would’ve been easier had the country still had a functional government intact. I understand where you are coming from, however. I know it’s hard to let go of injustices especially when it’s personal.

yasmeen

summer break 7/1-?

My family were both in Xamar and outside Xamar at the time too. After everything that has happened, to hear them still stand by the government after what they went through tells me everything I need to know.

Last edited:
My family didn't go through much during those times alhamdullilah it was mainly from 1991 onwards
I sympahtise with you, and the rest of the innocent Somalis being killed, robbed, harmed, wronged, but believe you me, those 80s years, were nothing to make light of. Entire villages being burnt to the ground, water wells poisoned, cities shelled and bombarded, civilians escaping on foot being targeted and killed as if target practice. Wanton Imprisonments, torturing, starving, and mass killings.

Trending