this is how they are living in war torn syria

Somali Saayid

There is no surrender, We Win or We Die.
VIP
Why are women in Syria and Palestine allowed to freely walk with their hair but in Somalia it's a basically a death sentence?
Number one there is no Palestine under Palestinian control but under Israeli Secular-Judeo control, as for Syria they don't have an Islamic government since the President is from a religious minority.

Number one there is no Palestine under Palestinian control but under Israeli Secular-Judeo control, as for Syria they don't have an Islamic government since the President is from a religious minority.
But there are still view places with majority palestinian area's, and even if they are under secular-control somalis in the west despite living in a secular country still mostly wear hijab. I am not even trying to attack I am simply confused, arabs on the average don't put too much value on hijab whereas somalis basically make it the entire religion of it.

like I never understood this concept of peer-pressuring a woman to wear hijab if she doesn't even take her religion serious, even online I see concerning amount of somali girls literally shaking their asses blasting to degenrate rap songs with a hijab on.

But there are still view places with majority palestinian area's, and even if they are under secular-control somalis in the west despite living in a secular country still mostly wear hijab. I am not even trying to attack I am simply confused, arabs on the average don't put too much value on hijab whereas somalis basically make it the entire religion of it.

like I never understood this concept of peer-pressuring a woman to wear hijab if she doesn't even take her religion serious, even online I see concerning amount of somali girls literally shaking their asses blasting to degenrate rap songs with a hijab on.

I noticed this too, especially on Tiktok, it's becoming normalized.

Gojo Satoru

Staff Member

Somalis think looking like a Muslim is all that matters. That's why you see halimos doing degenerate things with their hijab on

Based

VIP
Looks like Paris or Vienna. Meanwhile we are celebrating clean tap water and ugly hotels owned by a guy who happens to be from our clan. Some races just have higher thinking power and ability to overcome hardships than others. What sub saharan city looks anything like the best cities in Iraq and Syria?

Internet Nomad

𝑮𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒈𝒓𝒆𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒓 𝒑𝒂𝒔𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒆𝒔
VIP
Looks like Paris or Vienna. Meanwhile we are celebrating clean tap water and ugly hotels owned by a guy who happens to be from our clan. Some races just have higher thinking power and ability to overcome hardships than others. What sub saharan city looks anything like the best cities in Iraq and Syria?
Dont do this my somali pride was at all time high. You just had to knock me back down to reality.

Internet Nomad

𝑮𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒈𝒓𝒆𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒓 𝒑𝒂𝒔𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒆𝒔
VIP
Anyways parts of Syria were never heavily bombed. So don't assume the whole nation is like this.

Hargeisa would've looked like this if it wasn't levelled

Not sure why people are surprised? This is what Mogadishu would look like today if the Siad Barre government was able to repel the millia groups in the capital, keep the war outside of Mogadishu and stay in power with the help from powerful actors like Russia and Iran.

Some of the other cities in Syria have been devastated by the war and bombed to pieces.

Huh? :wtf:

You have a point, but it's inaccurate. Most of the infrastructure in Syria (and levantine) are a legacy of what was done during the colonial times by the Ottomans and partially by British/French. Therefore you can't compare to sub-saharan countries that was practically at a standstill development-wise during that time, while it was colonized.

Just look at how well the Italians developed Eritrea and other nearby colonial countries. I would even put Eritrea above Syria today, even though they have not maintained their infrastructure either.

With that said, as @Xoriyo said, unlike Somalia, Bashar managed to overpower the rebels and fighters and remain in power. Had MSB done the same, Somalia would not have been the way it is today (though not in an ideal condition).

This is not an excuse for the state of Somalia of today either.

yasmeen

summer break 7/1-?
Huh? :wtf:

You have a point, but it's inaccurate. Most of the infrastructure in Syria (and levantine) are a legacy of what was done during the colonial times by the Ottomans and partially by British/French. Therefore you can't compare to sub-saharan countries that was practically at a standstill development-wise during that time, while it was colonized.

Just look at how well the Italians developed Eritrea and other nearby colonial countries. I would even put Eritrea above Syria today, even though they have not maintained their infrastructure either.

With that said, as @Xoriyo said, unlike Somalia, Bashar managed to overpower the rebels and fighters and remain in power. Had MSB done the same, Somalia would not have been the way it is today (though not in an ideal condition).

This is not an excuse for the state of Somalia of today either.

Regardless of Somalia’s leadership, it would’ve been fucked anyway. Not enough people know this but the khaleeji countries were involved at the height of the war paying off rebels to strip off infrastructure and electric wiring to further worsen the situation.

Our strategic location once used to be the reason for our prosperity but now it’s the thorn in our side. We have too many foreign countries actively involved in destabilizing Somalia for their own whims.

Had they not meddled, Somalia would’ve recovered much earlier but thanks to them we now suffer from Wahhabi islam and A! Sh@b@b.

Regardless of Somalia’s leadership, it would’ve been fucked anyway. Not enough people know this but the khaleeji countries were involved at the height of the war paying off rebels to strip off infrastructure and electric wiring to further worsen the situation.

Our strategic location once used to be the reason for our prosperity but now it’s the thorn in our side. We have too many foreign countries actively involved in destabilizing Somalia for their own whims.

True, but foreigners will always exploit any country showcasing themselves to be vulnerable. Had we at least had political stability, it would not have been as severe. Just look at other African countries; no other countries are as worse as Somalia.

Last edited:

yasmeen

summer break 7/1-?
True, but foreigners will always exploit any country showcasing themselves to be vulnerable to. Had we at least had political stability it would not have been as severe. Just look at other African countries; no other countries are as worse as Somalia.

No other African country had USA, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Qatar, Kuwait, Ethiopia etc teaming up to ruin their homeland. You cannot compare our outcome to theirs.

This is why I don’t like when people come for Somalia for being a failed state. Somalia is better off being compared to places like Afghanistan or Iraq or something because at least then people will openly admit that foreign intervention was the reason for their downfall. But nobody wants to give us the same grace. They just act like we’re a bunch of ungovernable xayawan. Meanwhile our country has the lowest homicide and rape rates in Africa so something isn’t adding up.

They never gave us a chance to recover on our own. They never left us alone. Look at us now, we have record growth in spite of A! Sh@bab and the fractured regions. Imagine if we were left alone, what could’ve been…

Last edited:
No other African country had USA, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Qatar, Kuwait, Ethiopia etc teaming up to ruin their homeland. You cannot compare our outcome to theirs.

This is why I don’t like when people come for Somalia for being a failed state. Somalia is better off being compared to places like Afghanistan or Iraq or something because at least then people will openly admit that foreign intervention was the reason for their downfall. But nobody wants to give us the same grace. They just act like we’re a bunch of ungovernable xayawan. Meanwhile our country has the lowest homicide and rape rates in Africa so something isn’t adding up.

They never even gave us a chance to recover on our own. They never left us alone. Look at us now, we have record growth in spite of A! Sh@bab and the fractured regions. Imagine if we were left alone, what could’ve been…

I agree with you. However, I of the opinion that we need to look internally and take responsibility for our own actions that deteriorating the country further.

Even if we put aside the foreign supported rebels, what happened when the gov't fell in 90s? Political infightings amongst the rebels in the south caused more deaths, destruction, destabilization etc. This was not caused by outsiders, but instead by the warlord looking after their own clan interests. First you fight other clans, then you start fighting within your own clan and so forth, down a never ending spiral.

At the same time, in the northern parts of Somalia, they had put their differences to the side and created their own states as an alternative solution. Look today at what part of the country doing well for themselves, even if it's relative.

If we don't address all variables to the conflict and only focus on other countries, we won't be able to move on.

Last edited:

yasmeen

summer break 7/1-?
I agree with you. However, I of the opinion that we need to look internally and take responsibility for our own actions that deteriorating the country further.

Even if we put aside the foreign supported rebels, what happened when the gov't fell in 90s? Political infightings amongst the rebels in the south caused more fightings, destruction, destabilization etc. This was not caused by outsiders, but by the warlord looking after their own clan interests. First you fight other clans, then you start fighting within your own clans and so forth.

At the same time, in the northern parts of Somalia, they had put their differences to the side and created their own states as an alternative solution. Look today at what of the country doing the best, even if it's relative.

Oh no doubt. Rebelling against the government was the worst thing that could’ve possibly happened. They should’ve had the foresight for what would’ve happened. I do think we should reflect and take accountability for that.

But I believe deep down in my heart that we would’ve gotten over our tribal/clan conflict on our own had things naturally played out without interference. Grievances could’ve been addressed. I believe the foreign interference is what accelerated our downfall.

It’s the fact we’re stuck in this limbo of chaos that has deteriorated the psyche of our people. It’s the reason why they still cling on to tribalism. Their clan is the only people they feel they can trust. And can you blame them for thinking that way when they’re surrounded by violence and instability?

Trending

Latest posts