The "I'm not Black" Somalis

Status
Not open for further replies.
:dead:
I've never been called black in my entire life. So I can't relate to this topic.

200.gif

That cause you a new color called: Midnight

I found your father:
Black_1.jpg

These "I'm not Black" Somalis are too funny. They acting like 95% of Somali can pass for anything other than Black. We are Black and African. Period.

People here are not communicating well and their messages are not making the landing they are supposed to. Let me clarify something to you and to others who know little about the Somali psyche/culture.

First:

A Somali person sees themselves as Somali and would not identify themselves by the color of their skin. This is not to deny Somalis are African and black in skin tone, but simply similar to oneself identify as German, Italian, Kenyan nationally.

Second:

Somali is both ethnicity and nationality. So the word is used interchangeably.

This is why a Somali who is an adult would object to checking a form that has only black as race because they are not used to identifying themselves with skin color.

This clarification should help clear up the confusion. While a Somali is African and black, he/she can identify themselves as Somali both ethnically and nationally. Because that is who a Somali person is. A Somali American is preferable to just being Black which carries no identity that is meaningful.

Somalis are not in denial of who they are, it is how one is supposed to identify themselves in relation to where in the world they fall nationally. A Somali is always a Somali first, that means Somalia is in Africa.

You must have missed the 10000 other previous thread about this old, tired ass topic. I suggest you read through those because I can't be bothered to re-explain my stance on this for the millionth time.

Please, you and others take your time to read the OP. No-one is asking you about your stance on any issue. :what1:

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
Please, you and others take your time to read the OP. No-one is asking you about your stance on any issue. :what1:
I wasn't responding to you. I was well aware of the question and I'm also aware of how much this thread has been derailed, but it was an on-topic response to that person's comment. Unfortunately when the race issue is brought up you are bound to get discussion on it.

I wasn't responding to you. I was well aware of the question and I'm also aware of how much this thread has been derailed, but it was an on-topic response to that person's comment. Unfortunately when the race issue is brought up you are bound to get discussion on it.
Why do you compare Somalis to Tamils and Sri Lankans? They have darker skin than other South Asians, but they do not have Black facial features. Somalis clearly look Black and are from Sub-Sahara Africa.

Somali people:
large.jpeg

Sri Lankans:

Maithri-S.jpg

Conclusion: You are BLACK. Be proud.

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
Why do you compare Somalis to Tamils and Sri Lankans? They have darker skin than other South Asians, but they do not have Black facial features. Somalis clearly look Black and are from Sub-Sahara Africa.

Somali people:
large.jpeg

Sri Lankans:

Maithri-S.jpg

You seem to be fixated on my one point a while back about Sri Lankans.
If you seriously think something as abstract and loosely defined, as well as subjective as race can be summed up with "You look black" (which isn't even strictly true, most Somalis have a very distinct look that even ajnabis can distinguish that is described as distinctly 'non-African' by a lot of them), then I don't know what to tell you. Either way this is a tired topic, you can identify as black if you want. You're neither right nor wrong. Just don't force your beliefs on me.

Cognitivedissonance

A sane man to an insane society must appear insane
Stay WOKE
VIP

Somali people:
large.jpeg

Sri Lankans:

Maithri-S.jpg

Tamil tend to be a lot darker than the Sinhalese ethnic group.

Here's a picture of Tamil Sri Lankan & they look black to me if you consider Somalis to be black.
IMG_3489.PNG

Cognitivedissonance

Stay WOKE
VIP
You seem to be fixated on my one point a while back about Sri Lankans.
If you seriously think something as abstract and loosely defined, as well as subjective as race can be summed up with "You look black" (which isn't even strictly true, most Somalis have a very distinct look that even ajnabis can distinguish that is described as distinctly 'non-African' by a lot of them), then I don't know what to tell you. Either way this is a tired topic, you can identify as black if you want. You're neither right nor wrong. Just don't force your beliefs on me.
He's wrong how could one identify & allow other man to label them with his foreign language you're a Somali yet you identify yourself using another mans language:susp:

Tamil tend to be a lot darker than the Sinhalese ethnic group.

Here's a picture of Tamil Sri Lankan & they look black to me if you consider Somalis to be black.View attachment 14472

Tamil Sri Lankans don't look Black to me. They're much much lighter than Somalis and they're South Asian. Somalis are negroidic people from Sub-Saharan Africa. It's baffling how some Somalis think they're not Black.

Yeah, these people are clearly not Black. :umad:
Heegan-FC-teens-celebrate-the-trophy.jpg

_71008807_019918649-1.jpg

SomaliSteel

No dictator can imprison a population forever.
These threads always go the same way. People can be many things at once. Most people in Africa identify with their ethnic group, whites and blacks in North America are different because they are all mixed up> The rest of the world goes by ethnic identity not skin colour

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
Tamil Sri Lankans don't look Black to me.
Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner!
Congratulations and thank you for proving my point; this bullshit is extremely subjective.
To some people, timo jileec and a straight nose is what you need to not look "Black". To others, all you have to do is not be very dark skinned. Those same people would consider Indians black if you asked them. And for others, it's a combination of all of these things plus others.
If we're going by your terms of "they don't look ____ to me", or "I think that ______ is _____", then we might as well stop arguing altogether. There are no definitive categories for humanity, and race has no cultural or scientific basis. In this case it's one person living in the West applying their very Western notions of race to an entire country full of people. It makes no sense.

Cognitivedissonance

Stay WOKE
VIP
Tamil Sri Lankans don't look Black to me. They're much much lighter than Somalis and they're South Asian. Somalis are negroidic people from Sub-Saharan Africa. It's baffling how some Somalis think they're not Black.

Yeah, these people are clearly not Black. :umad:
Heegan-FC-teens-celebrate-the-trophy.jpg

_71008807_019918649-1.jpg
yeah these Tamils are clearly not black
IMG_3489.PNG
:comeon:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending