The "I'm not Black" Somalis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do you deny being black?

When a Somali says they are not black, they mean in terms of nationality. They are Somalis. You are judging Somalis by the American standard of black and white.

Get educated about Somalis first and then make a judgment from an informed position. If you were cultural Somali yourself who is aware of the Somali mind, you would not wasting people's time with your ignorance.

Codeine

I got me some braids and I got me some hoes
lol u guys are mad racist. Put some respect on AAs name. They're objectively the most successful AND attractive group of Blacks

lol u guys are mad racist. Put some respect on AAs name. They're objectively the most successful AND attractive group of Blacks

Success and failure are of a different subject. I don't think people were discussing this in the thread. Every community has its best and worst. AAs are not unique in that regard.

I know but hurts when brother/sister does it!

Why? Are you African American? I can understand your pain if that is the case. If you aren't, then from a moral stand point, you can disagree and correct people on their racist views.

Somalis are relatively new to America compared to other immigrants. So it is not out of place for them to identify themselves as Somali and not black because to them, they see the difference between having an identity based on national origin, and for the locals who were here for centuries and don't have attachment to their national origin but are identified by their skin color.

It is all about attachment to culture and identity. Somalis will always be Somalis. Down the road in 50 years, I think Somalis will identify less as Somalis but as African American.

You need to understand the dynamics of race and nationality.

The point about our own prejudices stands as indicated by you asking me even if I was a Somali. Allah help us.

Brah, that was to clarify and not offend you just in case. Nowadays people name themselves Xaji and tell us they descended from the Apes. And I am not kidding. I have seen strange personalities and things that are completely out of whack and un-Somali characteristically. So I ask around lately to verify I am not misreading someone as a Somali when they aren't

Also, one could sense pain in your reply and that you used the word "Hurt". You are sincere in your disappointment, so naturally, I had to ask . You seem to have taken this personal and I understand that. Racism of any form is bad. Tribalism is as bad.

You are a brother even if you were an African American who chose to hang out with Somalis on here. And I accept that you aren't. My apologies for hurting your feelings man.

We as Somalis cannot alienate Africans as we are Africans, and also part of the mighty black race but we must also play the arabs, and encourage investment from them our future is with Africa because insahallah Africa shall rise.

Codeine

I got me some braids and I got me some hoes
The most successful at going to prison:chrisfreshhah:

They also lead in literacy, education and culture export. They have double the spending power of African economic flagships. What's the literacy rate in Somalia again? 35% :holeup:

Not to mention they have the best phat ass lightskin chicks. What do we have again?:mjcry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts