The "I'm not Black" Somalis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lmao, I can easily imagine two Somali guys getting pulled over, and as they hear the officer describe them as Black over the radio to another officer one of the Somali guys shouts "Nah we wuz cushtic warriors touch my hair and look at muh nose!". :pachah1:

Waraabe daarooduu ku khafiifay, cudur daar buu haystaa. What about you? Dowlad aa isku magacawday haddana qabiilaad dhinac ka raacday? Haku dayanin Waraabe.

ninkaas @waraabe makes me angry sometimes but don't worry walaal inshallah I won't fall for that trap that's is called qabiiald

ninkaas @waraabe makes me angry sometimes but don't worry walaal inshallah I won't fall for that trap that's is called qabiiald

The trick is to remind yourself:

- You are Somali first
- People who think of their clan as a priority are not noble compared to you who thinks of himself as Somali first
- Majority members of any Somali clan are good people who would help you without questioning their sacrifice both financialy and with their blood if they have to shed it to defend you. There is nothing serious behind the clan rhetoric. We are one indivisible nation

- Duke of Bohol is our defacto Isaq president here for being a true Somali who transcends clan, Since waraabe hails from the same clan, who would you bank on? A Somali like Duke of Bohol or a clan man Waraabe who is happy only with his sub-clan tuulo peeps?

Qabiil wax jro ma ahan saxib, it is a concept and many Somalis intermarried for too long that they carry the same blood despite claiming to belong to different clans.

Last edited:

OmarLittle

Not your typical Farah
Lmao, I can easily imagine two Somali guys getting pulled over, and as they hear the officer describe them as Black over the radio to another officer one of the Somali guys shouts "Nah we wuz cushtic warriors touch my hair and look at muh nose!". :pachah1:

:dead1::deadmanny:

Xoolayahay you are Somali first. African and Black is your ethnicity as in who is a Somali person ethnically. You are African after you identity yourself as Somali.

America has a way of fucking up people's mentality about themselves. You have no history shared with African Americans who can not identify themselves except state the obvious: They are of African descent hence Black label. But if they knew what country they came from, they would call themselves by that African country.

Waxaanaa Ogaden sheeganaayo. Handicap.
Don't quote me again you piece of trash.
You're dismissed.
:camby:
:trash:

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
the question is not whether or not ur black u snowflakes, but what would u do if someone referred to u as black :draketf:

:dead:
I've never been called black in my entire life. So I can't relate to this topic.

200.gif

Reign

Pro Women's Rights|Centrist
VIP
Honestly, I get treated better when I claim black compared to Somali, so I claim black. :manny:

Bohol

VIP
Maybe in USA it makes sense claiming black. However in UK you will get treated much better with the Somali brand.The boss of the former company I worked with told me the day I got hired " I love Somalis". Generally ethnic minority bosses in UK (Asian, Arab etc) prefer hiring Somalis over blacks.

These "I'm not Black" Somalis are too funny. They acting like 95% of Somali can pass for anything other than Black. We are Black and African. Period.

Cognitivedissonance

A sane man to an insane society must appear insane
Stay WOKE
VIP
Somalis who don't identify as 'Black', how would you react if someone referred to you as their "Black friend" or casually called you Black in another scenario?

They could be a close friend or a co-worker etc., on good terms with you.. until they drop the B word.

:sass2:
Black is an English word I'm Somali & speak Somali & identity with it not a colour that's in a foreign mans language.

Cognitivedissonance

A sane man to an insane society must appear insane
Stay WOKE
VIP
I have many black friends from Africa & the Caribbeans & they know we are different, I've been told once by an uncle of my friend that he thought i was black? I replied nah I'm Somali. They know we are different we look different it's like telling a Chinese that an Indian is the same as a Chinese.

HennyLand

Henny Inc: Human Relations
I mean, you're calling yourself "Black" every time you fill out a form, or is there a "Somali" option for some of you..o_O

You fill in Black when you are applying for a university because you get the preferential choice over Asians and Whites. People need to be aware of the benefits.
:ileycry:

Regg

Stroking my Australinimo
To the Somalis, they may don't.

BUT, to the world, they view Somalis as black.

"The world" :heh:
Maybe in the US mate :drakekidding:
Waryaa you are a Black man. Accept it and be proud. And stop comparing Somalis to Sri Lankans or Tamils. You are Sub-Saharan African. And come on, 95% of Somalis can't pass for anything BUT Black.

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
Waryaa you are a Black man. Accept it and be proud. And stop comparing Somalis to Sri Lankans or Tamils. You are Sub-Saharan African. And come on, 95% of Somalis can't pass for anything BUT Black.
You must have missed the 10000 other previous thread about this old, tired ass topic. I suggest you read through those because I can't be bothered to re-explain my stance on this for the millionth time.

Nothing wrong with being black. I like black sub Saharan Africans and Black Americans a lot more than other ethnicities so I'm 100% ok with it.

Still ticking "other" though. I'm racially ambiguous and can easily fit in to many races. If I go to Brazil I'd fit in same with Egypt/Sudan/Libya. There is also South Asia especially Sri Lanka/South India/Bangladesh. And Ofcourse East/South/Central/West/North Africa literally everywhere in Africa. :wow: that's 3 continents I will have no problems of standing out in.

Perks of being genetically diverse and racially ambiguous.
Same Wallahi I can camouflage into any "brown" racial group.
When I went to Egypt everyone thought I was a local and because I live in an Indian majority area people think I'm Indian
I've been confused for basically most non-white groups
being racially ambigious is fun tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts