The higher the Mehr a woman asks you to pay, the less she valued you.

Do you agree

• Agree

Votes: 42 76.4%
  • Disagree

Votes: 16 29.1%

• Total voters
You said men. And a lot of us go back and forth in Somalia. Do we suddenly become a different being in Somalia. Wherever there's a conscription, it is mandatory for men. Look at Ukraine where hundreds of thousands of men are thrown to the meat grinder.

We're expected to fight and die. Men are not being delicate flowers about that, we accept it and pick up a gun. What you say is very insulting to the brave men who fight and die.

Believe me, I would love for the misogynist men on SomaliSpot, to be of use, and go die in a righteous war somewhere. At least go fertilise the soil, instead of demeaning women and trying to convince us to give up our rights.

The only war, the guys on SSPOT engage in, is online wars. Please, be real.

:pachah1:

1701995388017.png

Believe me, I would love for the misogynist men on SomaliSpot, to be of use, and go die in a righteous war somewhere. At least go fertilise the soil, instead of demeaning women and trying to convince us to give up our rights.

The only war, the guys on SSPOT engage in, is online wars. Please, be real.

:pachah1:

View attachment 306536
Great to know that the purpose of men for you is to die somewhere and fertilise some soil. Otherwise they are misogynist monsters who should die and fertilise some soil.

@Puntitequeen
If men like Morgan were held liable for their heinous crimes. Would you support it, my good sister.

Sis, women should feel sorry for and support their male siblings and sons. Those are the ones who deserve to be nurtured, and after that familial nurturing, can then become fully formed men. I don't recommend that women, take non-related men under their wings, the relationship will then take a maternal dynamic.

Letโ€™s avoid misunderstanding one another. My sympathetic view is based on my humanity which isnโ€™t the same as pitying them as a whole. I donโ€™t advocate supporting random men or men who arenโ€™t direct family. I can have compassion for their struggles and be understanding but thatโ€™s the extent that it goes. Boundaries exist for a reason.
During marriage, if a husband is going through issues, then, of course. But not during the courting stage. Women are not supposed to be rehabilitation centres, or banks for men. Let them ask their hooyo, aabbo etc.
I understand where youโ€™re coming from but to each their own. Why talk to someone who needs a rehab center anyways. Thatโ€™s mistake #1.
I don't want sisters to fall into the 'starter wife' trap, you know, the wife that has their back when they are trying to establish themselves, some even pay the bills whilst he goes to school, whilst raising the kids. Meanwhile she neglects her own needs, waiting for future dividents, and future gratitude; that may never come. Of course, when he finally makes it, he thinks he needs a new woman to show off to, a woman that doesn't know what it took to build him up.
My opinion-A woman becomes the starter wife for a man who never valued her to being with. She didnโ€™t see the telltale signs that he was just using her. I have seen gaalo women talk about this but to me they overgeneralize with this. I believe there are plenty of married people who have struggled together in the earlier years and it strengthened them.

Mida kale, a woman who neglects her own needs for someone who doesnโ€™t think about taking care of them for her is foolish. Doormats never get respected and receive the love they crave. If someone sees you mistreating yourself, theyโ€™ll mostly think itโ€™s okay to mistreat you too. Muslim women should seek out husbands who know the rights of a wife and who want to do their best to give that.

3LetterzMM

LG gang we gon slide for my nigga ๐Ÿค๐Ÿฅท
meher is ours we ask whatever we want if you donโ€™t like it no one is forcing you. Leave. Donโ€™t guilt trip us because you canโ€™t meet our standards wth

Letโ€™s avoid misunderstanding one another. My sympathetic view is based on my humanity which isnโ€™t the same as pitying them as a whole. I donโ€™t advocate supporting random men or men who arenโ€™t direct family. I can have compassion for their struggles and be understanding but thatโ€™s the extent that it goes. Boundaries exist for a reason.

I understand where youโ€™re coming from but to each their own. Why talk to someone who needs a rehab center anyways. Thatโ€™s mistake #1.

My opinion-A woman becomes the starter wife for a man who never valued her to being with. She didnโ€™t see the telltale signs that he was just using her. I have seen gaalo women talk about this but to me they overgeneralize with this. I believe there are plenty of married people who have struggled together in the earlier years and it strengthened them.
Men can be very manipulative, plus there is a saying, you know a lot better someoneโ€™s real intentions when their stomach is full. People tend to be on their best behavior when theyโ€™re in more humble positions and they need you. Also, a lot of those men donโ€™t have the intentions of using their first wives in the beginning tbh. What happens is that menโ€™s ego can overtake them and then theyโ€™ll desire a younger wife who never saw their weaknesses or low points. Many men like to look like power providers and itโ€™s hard to look like that with a woman whom you needed to help you pay the rent, hence it isnโ€™t clear cut using. Feelings and egos can blind not just.

Also, another point I need to add. When men arenโ€™t doing well financially, theyโ€™re not fully able to attract the type of woman they really desire. They settle and letโ€™s be real, millions of people settle and seem to make their marriages work. But once opportunities and finances comes their way, they can upgrade their taste. Hence it isnโ€™t a matter of using a woman, but having to make do and settle to marry and once fortunes change, they can get their type of woman.

Mida kale, a woman who neglects her own needs for someone who doesnโ€™t think about taking care of them for her is foolish.
I agree but itโ€™s easy to say but women will often neglect their needs when theyโ€™re mothers and on top of that when their husbands arenโ€™t making much. They donโ€™t have the time or the resources to โ€˜put themselvesโ€™. Beautifying oneโ€™s self is money, leisure is money and the list goes on. How can a woman with kids, a low socioeconomic husband that needs financial help, focus on herself when she needs to think of nurturing kids and worrying about finances? Iโ€™ve seen this in real life and when I think about the ins and out, I realize that โ€˜putting yourself firstโ€™ at times isnโ€™t possible for women who are married to such men
Doormats never get respected and receive the love they crave. If someone sees you mistreating yourself, theyโ€™ll mostly think itโ€™s okay to mistreat you too.
Again, I totally agree! But what often happens is that women can be very forgiving for the sake of the family unit. A man will misbehave and then cry and say heโ€™ll never do it but when you as a woman keep on taking him back, heโ€™ll continue. Sometimes divorce is the only way to maintain your dignity.

Muslim women should seek out husbands who know the rights of a wife and who want to do their best to give that.

Thatโ€™s what most women and men hope for, but humans are complicated. Deception, laziness, inability to keep up with their side of the bargain, family involvement and the list goes on. The best we can do is to vet and make lots of duas.

Men can be very manipulative, plus there is a saying, you know a lot better someoneโ€™s real intentions when their stomach is full. People tend to be on their best behavior when theyโ€™re in more humble positions and they need you. Also, a lot of those men donโ€™t have the intentions of using their first wives in the beginning tbh. What happens is that menโ€™s ego can overtake them and then theyโ€™ll desire a younger wife who never saw their weaknesses or low points. Many men like to look like power providers and itโ€™s hard to look like that with a woman whom you needed to help you pay the rent, hence it isnโ€™t clear cut using. Feelings and egos can blind not just.

Also, another point I need to add. When men arenโ€™t doing well financially, theyโ€™re not fully able to attract the type of woman they really desire. They settle and letโ€™s be real, millions of people settle and seem to make their marriages work. But once opportunities and finances comes their way, they can upgrade their taste. Hence it isnโ€™t a matter of using a woman, but having to make do and settle to marry and once fortunes change, they can get their type of woman.

You seem to know a lot about this. What are you basing this on? Men and women can both be manipulative tbh. Itโ€™s to varying degrees but certain women use manipulative tactics as well. I donโ€™t purport to know how a man thinks so this is out of my scope.
I agree but itโ€™s easy to say but women will often neglect their needs when theyโ€™re mothers and on top of that when their husbands arenโ€™t making much. They donโ€™t have the time or the resources to โ€˜put themselvesโ€™. Beautifying oneโ€™s self is money, leisure is money and the list goes on. How can a woman with kids, a low socioeconomic husband that needs financial help, focus on herself when she needs to think of nurturing kids and worrying about finances? Iโ€™ve seen this in real life and when I think about the ins and out, I realize that โ€˜putting yourself firstโ€™ at times isnโ€™t possible for women who are married to such men
Neglecting needs at specific times is understandable because thereโ€™s more pressing matters to attend to. Laakin, making it habitual imo will lead to life quality degradation. Women (who get some small amount of money) in Somalia can beautify themselves with what they have in terms of lacag or resources so can we. Self-care can be expensive but also affordable depending on what youโ€™re going for. Even eating is a luxury to some moms. I donโ€™t see that as a good thing. They are teaching their kids that doing this is normal and thats whatโ€™s required of mothers.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Sacrificing yourself leads to a whole host of physical and mental ailments. Thatโ€™s hurting the family unit ultimately.
Again, I totally agree! But what often happens is that women can be very forgiving for the sake of the family unit. A man will misbehave and then cry and say heโ€™ll never do it but when you as a woman keep on taking him back, heโ€™ll continue. Sometimes divorce is the only way to maintain your dignity.
Forgiveness is a good quality to have but putting up with bs is not! I do sympathize with those in marriages like this. Still Iโ€™m sure there were telltale signs before marriage of how selfish a man is. That is, if someone observes them for long enough. After the initial getting to know one another stage. Thatโ€™s why itโ€™s important to be honest and let the other person what youโ€™ll not tolerate and to show what will cause you to walk away. If someone is tolerant of poor behavior from the onset, itโ€™s going to keep occurring in the long-term. Not speaking about whatโ€™s bothering you breeds resentment.

Thatโ€™s what most women and men hope for, but humans are complicated. Deception, laziness, inability to keep up with their side of the bargain, family involvement and the list goes on. The best we can do is to vet and make lots of duas.
I agree, humans are complicated. Most of these can be eliminated with getting to study the person before marriage or during wedding planning. We just ignore these in that time. But they donโ€™t say getting married is like putting your hand in god mugdii ah for no reason. Living with someone and seeing them daily can reveal much more about them than thorough evaluation before marriage.

Last edited:
You seem to know a lot about this. What are you basing this on? Men and women can both be manipulative tbh. Itโ€™s to varying degrees but certain women use manipulative tactics as well. I donโ€™t purport to know how a man thinks so this is out of my scope.
I never once argued that women arenโ€™t manipulative or canโ€™t be just as manipulative. Weโ€™re talking about men and starter wives hence why I was focusing on male manipulation. However men and women simply arenโ€™t the same, and I donโ€™t believe men (on average) are ruled by feelings as much as women. A lot of men on average are a lot more realistic and will much more likely to settle and go into unions that might be functional than actual love. That complicates issues.

Tbh, Iโ€™d say Iโ€™m basing my opinion on seeing these dynamics in real life towards people I actually know, stuff Iโ€™ve read on psychology and in the age of the internet, some men are admitting it themselves ๐Ÿ˜ญect but ultimately this is a mere opinion and Iโ€™m smart enough to understand that for every 5 men who are ruled by their egos, there are men who have been with their wives whilst they were dirt poor, but have chosen to stay and give that wife the world.

Neglecting needs at specific times is understandable because thereโ€™s more pressing matters to attend to. Laakin, making it habitual imo will lead to life quality degradation. Women (who get some small amount of money) in Somalia can beautify themselves with what they have in terms of lacag or resources so can we.
There is a clear difference between a middle and upper class wife and a lower middle and poor wife in Somalia with regards to appearance. So I donโ€™t think thatโ€™s a good example. Also, upper and middle class women in Somalia do a whole let less than the average Western woman with a job and kids to run after. Maids are common back home and many families have two since maids can even be less than $50 per month.
Also, for the most part, Somalia is still a traditional society, hence women on average arenโ€™t doing two jobs and Somalia community based hence even lower socioeconomic women will get a whole lot more help with child care compared to the average Western women who is expected to do it all if she doesnโ€™t have a supportive husband. Even then, their beautification is limited to cheap toxic bleaching creams and being overweight there is common amongst women. Also, Somalia can be very difficult for very poor women who are often the ones working in the vegetable stools, those women donโ€™t have any money for beautification or the time.

Self-care can be expensive but also affordable depending on what youโ€™re going for. Even eating is a luxury to some moms. I donโ€™t see that as a good thing. They are teaching their kids that doing this is normal and thats whatโ€™s required of mothers.
Iโ€™d say the biggest issue aside from money since gyms and salons in the West is very expensive now due to the economic recession is time. If youโ€™re a working mum, working 9-5 and you do the bulk of the cooking and cleaning which is the norm and studies show it, what time do you really have? Thatโ€™s my point. More and more women are burning out and thatโ€™s why weโ€™ve seen a rise in women wanting to go back to trad roles, but the economy is an issue.
Sacrificing yourself leads to a whole host of physical and mental ailments. Thatโ€™s hurting the family unit ultimately.
I know, our people need to be better educated. But Iโ€™ve got a lot of married friends that are in professional jobs and with kids, I donโ€™t know how they do it. Honestly, a typical day for them is wake you at 6am, make breakfast, get ready, get the kids ready, drive them to school, get to work, get home, make dinner, help them with homework, get them ready for bed by getting them shower, prepare their packed lunch for the next day. Doing this day and in out will age you and such women donโ€™t have as much time for self-care. If you look at this average time-table itโ€™s obvious that these women canโ€™t put themselves first.

Forgiveness is a good quality to have but putting up with bs is not! I do sympathize with those in marriages like this. Still Iโ€™m sure there were telltale signs before marriage of how selfish a man is. That is, if someone observes them for long enough.
Yep, but how long is long enough? 6 months, a year, two years? Marriage is indeed a gamble. You donโ€™t know a man truly unless you live with him. Although youโ€™re right, some people do indeed miss the red flags.
After the initial getting to know one another stage. Thatโ€™s why itโ€™s important to be honest and let the other person what youโ€™ll not tolerate and to show what will cause you to walk away.
True, but a man that wants you will act like he agrees with you. Best scenario is to observe him first and ask him scenario questions and get him to open up so you find out this authentic views.
If someone is tolerant of poor behavior from the onset, itโ€™s going to keep occurring in the long-term. Not speaking about whatโ€™s bothering you breeds resentment.
Itโ€™s not about tolerating itโ€™s about the unwillingness to walk away. Most women are indeed vocal to such an extent they become a nag. They over vocalize, but their partners know theyโ€™ll never leave. Theyโ€™ll just cry about it, so why would these men bother changing?
I agree, humans are complicated. Most of these can be eliminated with getting to study the person before marriage or during wedding planning. We just ignore these in that time. But they donโ€™t say getting married is like putting your hand in god mugdii ah for no reason. Living with someone and seeing them daily can reveal much more about them than thorough evaluation before marriage.
People do indeed ignore a lot. Infatuation can be blinding

Meher in the west is an insurance coverage, itโ€™s a low value womanโ€™s way, of limiting risk in case the marriage goes bust. So she doesnโ€™t walk away empty handed.

Itโ€™s used by women who lack the skills to pick good men, so instead they place bets with an insurance coverage.

A gamblers dream if you ask me.

Tell Me More Jeff Goldblum GIF by National Geographic Channel

Meher in the west is an insurance coverage, itโ€™s a low value womanโ€™s way, of limiting risk in case the marriage goes bust. So she doesnโ€™t walk away empty handed.

Itโ€™s used by women who lack the skills to pick good men, so instead they place bets with an insurance coverage.

A gamblers dream if you ask me.

Tell Me More Jeff Goldblum GIF by National Geographic Channel
I donโ€™t know if youโ€™re Godless, a delusional individual of both. One cannot marry without a Mehr firstly, hence I donโ€™t know what youโ€™re getting at? Scrapping it all? What type of Muslim are you?

Secondly Mehr in the West for Somalis in the West is the lowest compared to any other demographic like the Asians and Arabs.

Secondly the Mehr amongst Somalis is around 2k to 5k which isnโ€™t even a lot of money and the Mehr is an Islamic gift the man gives In the beginning of the marriage. How can it be as insurance when itโ€™s that low? You canโ€™t even rent an apartment for a year with that money.

Seriously Kane? Youโ€™re losing your edge here. Youโ€™re too old for you to be making these takes.

GemState

36/21
VIP
She'll not get 1 penny in mehr. We're nearly in 2024 and I'm a feminist.

In fact, we should be talking about how Somali women can truly free themselves of the patriarchy by providing a dowry like their liberated Indian sisters instead of receiving Mehr which maintains gender stereotypes unfit for today.

I will be giving a TedTalk on this.

I never once argued that women arenโ€™t manipulative or canโ€™t be just as manipulative. Weโ€™re talking about men and starter wives hence why I was focusing on male manipulation. However men and women simply arenโ€™t the same, and I donโ€™t believe men (on average) are ruled by feelings as much as women. A lot of men on average are a lot more realistic and will much more likely to settle and go into unions that might be functional than actual love. That complicates issues.

I try to be fair for the most part so it's not you. It's me. All the manipulation from both sides has an impact on what the other gender does in turn. Hurt people hurt people was what I was getting at.
Tbh, Iโ€™d say Iโ€™m basing my opinion on seeing these dynamics in real life towards people I actually know, stuff Iโ€™ve read on psychology and in the age of the internet, some men are admitting it themselves ๐Ÿ˜ญect but ultimately this is a mere opinion and Iโ€™m smart enough to understand that for every 5 men who are ruled by their egos, there are men who have been with their wives whilst they were dirt poor, but have chosen to stay and give that wife the world.
Yes, thanks for clarifying. It's good to know what influences someone's thinking.
There is a clear difference between a middle and upper class wife and a lower middle and poor wife in Somalia with regards to appearance. So I donโ€™t think thatโ€™s a good example. Also, upper and middle class women in Somalia do a whole let less than the average Western woman with a job and kids to run after. Maids are common back home and many families have two since maids can even be less than $50 per month.
Also, for the most part, Somalia is still a traditional society, hence women on average arenโ€™t doing two jobs and Somalia community based hence even lower socioeconomic women will get a whole lot more help with child care compared to the average Western women who is expected to do it all if she doesnโ€™t have a supportive husband. Even then, their beautification is limited to cheap toxic bleaching creams and being overweight there is common amongst women. Also, Somalia can be very difficult for very poor women who are often the ones working in the vegetable stools, those women donโ€™t have any money for beautification or the time.

Iโ€™d say the biggest issue aside from money since gyms and salons in the West is very expensive now due to the economic recession is time. If youโ€™re a working mum, working 9-5 and you do the bulk of the cooking and cleaning which is the norm and studies show it, what time do you really have? Thatโ€™s my point. More and more women are burning out and thatโ€™s why weโ€™ve seen a rise in women wanting to go back to trad roles, but the economy is an issue.

I know, our people need to be better educated. But Iโ€™ve got a lot of married friends that are in professional jobs and with kids, I donโ€™t know how they do it. Honestly, a typical day for them is wake you at 6am, make breakfast, get ready, get the kids ready, drive them to school, get to work, get home, make dinner, help them with homework, get them ready for bed by getting them shower, prepare their packed lunch for the next day. Doing this day and in out will age you and such women donโ€™t have as much time for self-care. If you look at this average time-table itโ€™s obvious that these women canโ€™t put themselves first.
I haven't done all that yet but main key is to nourish the body with good food, get as much rest as one can get with small kids and move the body daily. Other things are extra and can be done whenever the opportunity arises. I can't imagine working and taking care of kids alone. Something has got to give or otherwise it will lead to burnout like you said.
Yep, but how long is long enough? 6 months, a year, two years? Marriage is indeed a gamble. You donโ€™t know a man truly unless you live with him. Although youโ€™re right, some people do indeed miss the red flags.
Our timeline's are vastly different. I believe it should be at the point where all doubts are removed and you feel xasillooni with that potential spouse.

Itโ€™s not about tolerating itโ€™s about the unwillingness to walk away. Most women are indeed vocal to such an extent they become a nag. They over vocalize, but their partners know theyโ€™ll never leave. Theyโ€™ll just cry about it, so why would these men bother changing?

People do indeed ignore a lot. Infatuation can be blinding
Sorry, couldn't respond as I was traveling. Maa shaa Allah you definitely know what you're talking about. You articulated your points well and now I understand your stance better.

Is your whole shtick just trying to emasculate every man?

because itโ€™s embarrassing and no-one is taking the bait.

Go stay single and unmarried you donโ€™t need to burden any miskeen Somali man.

Alhamdillah Iโ€™m in a field where the pay is good.
โ€œ you donโ€™t need to burden miskeen somali manโ€๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚