Somalis are too superstitious as a people

Are Somalis too superstitious as a people?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Steam abayo our people are too superstitious. You only have to go to Dr Osmans thread about his mental illness and read the comments. “Stop taking your meds and pray” “Allah has made a cure for every illness”. Sometimes it’s harmless but when it comes to mental illness then it does become a big problem. Thank you for sharing your thoughts, it made an interesting read.

Give me link to the thread

Its so much easier to blame things on being caused by jinns, witchcraft and a lack of faith rather than admit that sometimes bad things happen.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Also how do you base a whole vindication of a theory on a youtube video? @VixR @Knowles

YouTube has made human more smarter than the theorist, conspiracist would wish! Those people who pretend to be smarter than anyone HATE YouTube! Because every lie statement they make, YOUTUBE proves them wrong! LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

munira

Somaliweyn haa nolaato
VIP
Allah forgot to tell anyone besides the Arabs or leave any trace, huh? :trumpsmirk:

You have provided no evidence for your claim and I can dismiss it without evidence as they are equal in empirical evidence, which is none.

Besides the Arabs?
Allah didn’t tell all Arabs but one man, a messenger of Allah, who was sent for all of humanity.

And if you only take empirical evidence as evidence then you are lacking in intellect, walaal.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Besides the Arabs?
Allah didn’t tell all Arabs but one man, a messenger of Allah, who was sent for all of humanity.

And if you only take empirical evidence as evidence then you are lacking in intellect, walaal.

Daughter of Samaale

Daughter of Samaale

HI Basra :oops:
5560.gif

Besides the Arabs?

Emperical evidence is rightly not the only scientific evidence to explain or vindicate a theory, however the lack of any scientific to support the notion that the moon was split and then having incessant belief in such can't be classified as anything other than pure blind faith.

There is a reason for the fact that we do not operate by blind faith in any other area of life, it is misguided.

munira

Somaliweyn haa nolaato
VIP
Emperical evidence is rightly not the only scientific evidence to explain or vindicate a theory, however the lack of any scientific to support the notion that the moon was split and then having incessant belief in such can't be classified as anything other than pure blind faith.

There is a reason for the fact that we do not operate by blind faith in any other area of life, it is misguided.

You think to highly of science. Scientific evidence can only be empirical. It has to be theorised, experiemened, observed for something to be a ‘scientific’ fact.

The problem with empirical evidence is that not everything can be experimented and observed. For example science cannot provide evidence that we even exist.
Also, not everything true has been theorised yet, science will never be 100 per cent correct nor will a scientific fact, necessarily always be a fact.
Believing in only science/ empirical evidence is kinda stupid.
Return to your creator, walaal.

You think to highly of science. Scientific evidence can only be empirical. It has to be theorised, experiemened, observed for something to be a ‘scientific’ fact.

The problem with empirical evidence is that not everything can be experimented and observed. For example science cannot provide evidence that we even exist.
Also, not everything true has been theorised yet, science will never be 100 per cent correct nor will a scientific fact, necessarily always be a fact.

That is blatantly false. If we reasonably define something that exits as consisting of atoms we can quickly conclude humans that are carbon-based life form and therefore exits.

Going from science not having all answers and using this as an argument for believing a 7th century mythology and letting the particular Islamic God fill out the gaps is called God of gaps fallacy, and as all logical fallacies it is logically bankrupt, something I hoped you wouldn't commit.

Furthermore you didn't refute my assertion that believing in the moon splitting is little more than pure blind faith, an not you appeal to me with more faith-based assertions?

Walaal, you have not reasoned yourself into this religion and I'm not going to join a delusion merely because it is popular.

munira

Somaliweyn haa nolaato
VIP
That is blatantly false. If we reasonably define something that exits as consisting of atoms we can quickly conclude humans that are carbon-based life form and therefore exits.

Going from science not having all answers and using this as an argument for believing a 7th century mythology and letting the particular Islamic God fill out the gaps is called God of gaps fallacy, and as all logical fallacies it is logically bankrupt, something I hoped you wouldn't commit.

Furthermore you didn't refute my assertion that believing in the moon splitting is little more than pure blind faith, an not you appeal to me with more faith-based assertions?

Walaal, you have not reasoned yourself into this religion and I'm not going to join a delusion merely because it is popular.

You still didn’t proof we exist. We can easily be stimulations and not know. Science and your beloved empirical evidences can’t proof we exist. And that’s the reason, unlike you, I don’t only rely on scientific/ empiric evidence.

I didn’t mention any god of gasp fallacy.
I wasn’t proving God’s existence by highlighting lack of scientific knowledge.
I wasn’t even trying to prove God’s existence.
Instead, I was countering your statement about only using empirical evidence as proof.

Lool don’t turn this on me, I’m question your beliefs.

But if you do want proof of God’s existence, I will be happy to share it with you...

You still didn’t proof we exist. We can easily be stimulations and not know. Science and your beloved empirical evidences can’t proof we exist. And that’s the reason, unlike you, I don’t only rely on scientific/ empiric evidence.

I didn’t mention any god of gasp fallacy.
I wasn’t proving God’s existence by highlighting lack of scientific knowledge.
I wasn’t even trying to prove God’s existence.
Instead, I was countering your statement about only using empirical evidence as proof.

Lool don’t turn this on me, I’m question your beliefs.

But if you do want proof of God’s existence, I will be happy to share it with you...

There is difference between asking whether we exist and weather exist inside a simulation or are a part of some cosmic game. Whether we exist can be proven trough empirical evidence by physicist to determine that we are in fact made of atoms or trough abductive reasoning, that we're a conscious, only living things can be conscious and therefore we exist.

Furthermore you're committing a straw-man by assuming a person that I don't have, which is that only empirical evidence is valid, which isn't the case. Science is not perfect, it is merely the best tool available to understand the world and which we trough reasoning can make determinations about that which is true or false.

You choose to rely on blind-faith and arguments based on logical fallacies, the height of irrationality.
Show me a peer-reviewed evidence for God's existence and then we'll talk, not just evidence which can be anything when you disregard the best tool for understand the world.

What planet do you live on kulaha science can not provide evidence that we exist :what1: so what now your some fantastical phantom commenting on this forum through what ever device that was created through science, and then to top it of you end your reply by saying don't believe in scientifical fact, but believe in some fictitious deity on pure blind faith :umwhat: your on something

What planet do you live on kulaha science can not provide evidence that we exist :what1: so what now your some fantastical phantom commenting on this forum through what ever device that was created through science, and then to top it of you end your reply by saying don't believe in scientifical fact, but believe in some fictitious deity on pure blind faith :umwhat: your on something

We were edgy teenagers too, let her grow and mature. :sass1:

Yesterday we caught her erasing history and claiming that untermensch had no nazi heritage.
She'll ignore even the most profound evidence :wow:

We were edgy teenagers too, let her grow and mature. :sass1:

Yesterday we caught her erasing history and claiming that untermensch had no nazi heritage.
She'll ignore even the most profound evidence :wow:

Whaat ? :icon lol: there are all kinds of characters on this forum, but this new young absolutely takes the biscuit

Status
Not open for further replies.