Somalis are too superstitious as a people

Are Somalis too superstitious as a people?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't tell wether that has been the case in past time or wether this is due to societal collapse but somalis remain a uniquely superstitious people to the detriment of the vulnerable.

Jinns, witch-craft and the devil are used as explanations for everything from disease to the cause of divorce, and in the former example it has a detrimental effect whereby quack salesman replace evidence-based treatment.

I can see the appeal of it, a simplistic and religiously rooted explanation is after all preferable to the messy reality of genes, environment and random accidents and if that very same explanation absolves oneself of responsibility it is all the more reason to use it.

Even when I were a muslim I could see clearly see that this intellectually bankrupt methodology to understanding the world contributed little to making lives better for Somalis, and that it gave us a false sense of security and it forms the justification for abusive forms of treatment, and for those very reasons we should leave it behind.

@Knowles @AussieHustler @Baki @Suave (who is a female btw), @VixR @Shushue

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
You are so arrogant its not even funny. One day you will face Malak al Mawt and know what you were mocking is truth.

Karim

I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
HALYEEY
VIP
@Steamdevolopment I keep remembering couple of verses from Surah As-Saffat whenever I see you attacking our religion: 37:52 To 37:60
A speaker (when Muslims enter Jannah) among them will say, "Indeed, I had a companion [on earth]
Who would say, 'Are you indeed of those who believe

That when we have died and become dust and bones, we will indeed be recompensed?'"

He (The ahlu jannah Muslim) say, "Would you [care to] look?"

And he will look and see him in the midst of the Hellfire.

He will say, "By Allah, you almost ruined me.

If not for the favor of my Lord, I would have been of those brought in [to Hell].

Then, are we not to die

Except for our first death, and we will not be punished?"

4a47772b5b23a4f73825ce05771a50fb--islamic-art-islamic-quotes.jpg

@Steamdevolopment I keep remembering couple of verses from Surah As-Saffat whenever I see you attacking our religion: 37:52 To 37:60
A speaker (when Muslims enter Jannah) among them will say, "Indeed, I had a companion [on earth]
Who would say, 'Are you indeed of those who believe

That when we have died and become dust and bones, we will indeed be recompensed?'"

He (The ahlu jannah Muslim) say, "Would you [care to] look?"

And he will look and see him in the midst of the Hellfire.

He will say, "By Allah, you almost ruined me.

If not for the favor of my Lord, I would have been of those brought in [to Hell].

Then, are we not to die

Except for our first death, and we will not be punished?"

I do not fear the islamic hell for the same reason you do not fear the Christian hell planned for you.

Karim

I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
HALYEEY
VIP
I do not fear the islamic hell for the same reason you do not fear the Christian hell planned for you.
Actually Christians believe what they call; The second death which is not eternal torture, but rather the permanent destruction of the person in the lake of fire, as described in Matthew 10:28 and Revelation 20:14-15.
Muslim souls will be destroyed permanently in the lake of fire according to them.
For more info read this.
https://www.ucg.org/bible-study-tools/bible-questions-and-answers/will-muslims-go-to-hell

Actually Christians believe what they call; The second death which is not eternal torture, but rather the permanent destruction of the person in the lake of fire, as described in Matthew 10:28 and Revelation 20:14-15.
Muslim souls will be destroyed permanently in the lake of fire according to them.
For more info read this.
https://www.ucg.org/bible-study-tools/bible-questions-and-answers/will-muslims-go-to-hell

The mainstream Christian doctrine is that hell is eternal, however there is other views such annihilationism as you describe or eternal seperation.

Not with standning this, those speculations as to man's final destination are equally valid/invalid to that of any other religion.

Have you not wondered if Islam were the unquestionable truth why it has never achieved status of with scientific theory consensus?

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
I can't tell wether that has been the case in past time or wether this is due to societal collapse but somalis remain a uniquely superstitious people to the detriment of the vulnerable.

Jinns, witch-craft and the devil are used as explanations for everything from disease to the cause of divorce, and in the former example it has a detrimental effect whereby quack salesman replace evidence-based treatment.

I can see the appeal of it, a simplistic and religiously rooted explanation is after all preferable to the messy reality of genes, environment and random accidents and if that very same explanation absolves oneself of responsibility it is all the more reason to use it.

Even when I were a muslim I could see clearly see that this intellectually bankrupt methodology to understanding the world contributed little to making lives better for Somalis, and that it gave us a false sense of security and it forms the justification for abusive forms of treatment, and for those very reasons we should leave it behind.

@Knowles @AussieHustler @Baki @Suave (who is a female btw), @VixR @Shushue

U sound serious today Steam. What happened?

"My recommendation is to not believe everything you read on the internet. Peer-reviewed papers are the only scientifically valid sources of information out there. No current scientific evidence reports that the Moon was split into two (or more) parts and then reassembled at any point in the past."

I hoped you'd be better than this @Basra, there is no peer-reviewed scientific paper that support the notion of splitting of the moon by Prophet Muhammad.

Source:
https://sservi.nasa.gov/?question=evidence-moon-having-been-split-two

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
"My recommendation is to not believe everything you read on the internet. Peer-reviewed papers are the only scientifically valid sources of information out there. No current scientific evidence reports that the Moon was split into two (or more) parts and then reassembled at any point in the past."

I hoped you'd be better than this @Basra, there is no peer-reviewed scientific paper that support the notion of splitting of the moon by Prophet Muhammad.

Source:
https://sservi.nasa.gov/?question=evidence-moon-having-been-split-two

Allaah swt split the moon, not the prophet pbuh

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Allah forgot to tell anyone besides the Arabs or leave any trace, huh? :trumpsmirk:

You have provided no evidence for your claim and I can dismiss it without evidence as there are equal in empirical evidence, which is none.

Ok...go back to your 'angry' poem and simmer a little. :trumpsmirk:

Muji

VIP
Steam abayo our people are too superstitious. You only have to go to Dr Osmans thread about his mental illness and read the comments. “Stop taking your meds and pray” “Allah has made a cure for every illness”. Sometimes it’s harmless but when it comes to mental illness then it does become a big problem. Thank you for sharing your thoughts, it made an interesting read.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts