Will Somali Girls Marry Someone With Mental Illness

Status
Not open for further replies.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
I will definitely need income protection for my condition so my family in the future don't go hungry if I lose a job or get sacked or my mental illness pops up. I have plans in the future to ensure it doesn't effect them financially. I need to insure myself because it's unpredictable and it's worse when u can't pay the bills because you have no job anymore.

Dr Osman

Brother, thank you very much being courageous in speaking out and articulating very well your condition. How did it start? How old were you when you were first diagnosed? When you have those episodes, did you admit yourself (voluntarily) to the hospital?

SOMALIKNIGHT

Golan Heights belong to Syria
You don't need to tell her. These women are very judgemental and will reject you for any reason which is why you barely see under 40 year old married Somali women these days. If you are short or have big ears, they will reject you. Put your pills in a safe place like your workplace, your car, in the garden, or in a paracetemol bottle.

May Allah help you with your struggles.

Muji

VIP
If someone had a mental illness which they could manage with medication and the relationship wouldn’t be cosntantly affected by it then yes.

However, if the person did not expect the diagnosis and didn’t take seriously the medication or treatment plan then absolutely not!

VixR

Veritas
What’s your family situation like?

Its of utmost importance that you take special care with your own wellbeing.

Keep a routine.

Take your meds.

And it’s definitely easier said than done, but try to reorient how you think of what’s happening to you during your episodes. They’re not trying to hurt you, and you are not jailed, it’s not you, it’s your psychosis. I happen to know that helps some people.

There’s plenty of ppl with mental illness that have spouses, just be open with your condition bc if not, that’ll complicate everything for everyone involved, esp since it takes much more out someone than any regular marriage would.

And like someone else said, don’t have kids, bc it is genetic, and that only spells more heartache and unnecessary complication.

On the other hand, you’re saying it takes six people to restrain you during an uncontrollable episode as you attack them. There’s nothing a woman could do to contain that. It’s highly likely her life would be at risk without your intention or even your awareness. And that’s asking quite a lot, if we’re honest.

That all being said, I don’t see why you can’t have a reasonably happy life anyway, outside your episodes.

Keep a routine.

Take your meds.

And it’s definitely easier said than done, but try to reorient how you think of what’s happening to you during your episodes. They’re not trying to hurt you, and you are not jailed, it’s not you, it’s your psychosis. I happen to know that helps some people.

There’s plenty of ppl with mental illness that have spouses, just be open with your condition bc if not, that’ll complicate everything for everyone involved, esp since it takes much more out someone than any regular marriage would.

And like someone else said, don’t have kids, bc it is genetic, and that only spells more heartache and unnecessary complication.

On the other hand, you’re saying it takes six people to restrain you during an uncontrollable episode as you attack them. There’s nothing a woman could do to contain that. It’s highly likely her life would be at risk without your intention or even your awareness. And that’s asking quite a lot, if we’re honest.

That all being said, I don’t see why you can’t have a reasonably happy life anyway, outside your episodes.

VixR

Thanks for bringing to my attention about the restraining, I missed it. Are you a nurse?

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP

Keep a routine.

Take your meds.

Even among the genetic schizophrenia the ones with key markers in their brain chemicals which I had none and was absolutely normal and was told my schizophrenia isn't genetic inherited or else it would be in my chemical composition markers at the brain level. Everything was normal in my brain physical state and my genes.

But even among those who have genetic driven schizophrenia because it can be inherited but the liklihood is still 10-15% chance of getting it, my future child chances are very lowwwwwwwwww and if you ensure the stressors that can trigger schizophrenia like drugs, lack of sleep, financial stress, mental stress, fatigue, and the general environmental factors are lessened, there will be even a lesser chance the child will have triggered a schizophrenia gene. The genes always needs a trigger, it doesn't naturally just come along, there is always something kick-starts it into action. Most is drug related, but some is lack of sleep(my type), or high levels of stress around normal life, other's it can be 'trauma' like someone died close to them and the psychotic gene becomes triggered.

Even if it's triggered so many people just have one episode and never have it again, some relapse like me, It's been my 4th time, some never get it again, some live with it forever(I hope im not in this group) pray for me sxb only time will tell though.

In the general population, there is a 1 percent risk of developing schizophrenia during an individual's lifetime. However, for children who have a parent with the disease, the risk jumps to 10 to 15 percent. Schizophrenia is a genetic disorder that often develops in late adolescence or early adulthood. Irrational thinking, delusions, hallucinations and social withdrawal characterize the disease.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/au/articles/200305/children-schizophrenic-moms-risk

What the f*ck, it is genetic, don't have any children, for the love of God.
It doesn’t have to be, but research shows that if you have a mental illness it might run your family. The important part is that it just MIGHT. Do not tell anybody to not have kids. Who do you think you are? Nigga sit your black ass down:gucciwhat:

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
It doesn’t have to be, but research shows that if you have a mental illness it might run your family. The important part is that it just MIGHT. Do not tell anybody to not have kids. Who do you think you are? Nigga sit your black ass down:gucciwhat:

Some are genetic driven but not all, some are environmental driven like stressors(financial stress, family stress, workload stress, lack of sleep, drugs, trauma like someone died). I am clearly in that group after my brain was given an 'ECG' and they found nothing wrong with my brain chemicals. If it was genetic, it would show some sort of similarities with other schizophrenic chemical levels who are genetically inherited.

Stress ruined me and triggered my episodes not genetic 'inheritence'. So I doubt I even fall into the category of genetics schizophrenia and therefore the 'don't pass it to your kids' I don't think will apply to me. I will need to take care of my kids financially, and emotionally wallahi to ensure their is no chance schizophrenia shows up in their life.

It's apparently most dangerous around teenager years, so I am gonna have to raise them up out of places full of 'trauma' like africa or ghettos and give them a good life, so I gotta work hard now to set it up inshallah. But I am only doing that just 'in-case' cause nature is unpredictable and it's hit n miss and luck really. But we can do our little bit to ensure triggers around the environment and stressors are limited, we have control about that. If I was happy person, I wouldn't have this condition, I was miserable niyahow and it built up this over years and came to a point of explosion.

It will be critical to ensure my kids are happy(genuinely happy), they say the poorer you are the more likely you develop this condition, notice how most of them are generally poor people, it's because they live trauma lives of poverty, drugs, violence, lack of sleep, and god know what else niyahow and that triggers this gene to come out and play nasty games on them. So happiness and away from trauma areas will be critical and agreements I will set up with my wife.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Dr Osman

Wouldn't working hard cause you more stress and falling back into further psychotic episodes?

No as long as you get sleep, don't over-think to much and know your 'barriers with thinking and paranoia', cut out the conspiracy shit, cut out the irrational crap, if your sitting there thinking 3 days straight with 3 hr sleep a day and 20 cups of coffee or 2 liter coke to stay up and then you have the added stress of 'success' and pleasing your company expectations, then you may also have fear your heading back into psychosis, it all adds up niyahow.

You really need to know your condition inside and out and know where to stop it. Half the problem with those who have they don't know it well enough and are either in shock of it and fear or they are lost and don't understand it themselves and therefore dismiss it like it didn't happen.

I know what happened to me is true regardless what people say it is in your head but I am at a point now I am cutting it's head off the irrational side, where-as before I was always curious about it and didn't understand it and therefore it always 'lured' me into irrational side of my head. Those days are gone now inshallah. Lama amino waxani jinniyada, aliens, black magic, psychosis, who cares what name different generations used for it, you must never believe in them, just accept they are real and say qof kale radso boowe sheekadada waan fahmay anigu.

No as long as you get sleep, don't over-think to much and know your 'barriers with thinking and paranoia', cut out the conspiracy shit, cut out the irrational crap, if your sitting there thinking 3 days straight with 3 hr sleep a day and 20 cups of coffee or 2 liter coke to stay up and then you have the added stress of 'success' and pleasing your company expectations, then you may also have fear your heading back into psychosis, it all adds up niyahow.

You really need to know your condition inside and out and know where to stop it. Half the problem with those who have they don't know it well enough and are either in shock of it and fear or they are lost and don't understand it themselves and therefore dismiss it like it didn't happen.

I know what happened to me is true regardless what people say it is in your head but I am at a point now I am cutting it's head off the irrational side, where-as before I was always curious about it and didn't understand it and therefore it always 'lured' me into irrational side of my head. Those days are gone now inshallah. Lama amino waxani jinniyada, aliens, black magic, psychosis, who cares what name different generations used for it, you must never believe in them, just accept they are real and say qof kale radso boowe sheekadada waan fahmay anigu.

Dr Osman

Are there any trigger signs before an episode and what do you do without creating a scene?

I wouldn't mind as long as he's taking his medication, I know there is relapses depending on which type of mental health issue but if he met all my other standards and this was the only issue then its fine

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Dr Osman

Are there any trigger signs before an episode and what do you do without creating a scene?

This is the hard part. Since the mind is 'split' into two 'reality' which is the normal half like everyone else and you can think and talk and return into it even in psychosis because it's there at all times, it kinda sits side by side with irrational side. The only way I can explain it is, you know when you look at a window that is 'blurry' you know how you can see the blurry part but you can also see outside the blurry and see the window, that's what it's like, it's sitting side by side the irrational part of your mind and rational part of your mind. So They can see you, hear you, smell you, feel you but it's blurred by the irrational side of their mind and the scary part is there is conflict happening between the rational and irrational and that is why you seen them yelling, crying, violent, or suicidal even because you feel you will never return to the world normal and like I told u you see 'normal' because it's like that blurred window, you can see it but the blurr gets bigger and bigger eventually as the psychosis builds up and eventually you don't see the normal and that's when your ass is in hospital sxb, you now have no longer any rational processes. This is the most dangerous time, and you must 'beware' yourself around them now. Dignin baan ku siiyay niyahow hadaysan ku garanaynin, isbitaalka la carar haday weli ku garanayan weli 'waa jira rationalityga'

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Dr Osman

This is hard part Aussie, inaad dharka iska turtid waa rabta markay irrationality side ay badato iyo rational sideka uu yarado, when the window is now covered in blurr or mist and u no longer see the outside of the window oo kale which is normal, markas waa marka ugu cabsiga badan qofka jiran.. He can still remember normal sxb but he dont see it anymore and that's what causing them to be eratic and crazy. He wants to come back to normal but he can't.

So he accepts to live in that world and some thrive in it as you see(keligooda isla hadlayo, wax ujeedo aadan arkaynin) some never come back too sxb waa arin aad uu cabsi badan. Gaar waa soo noqdan oo waxay galan episodes. I am the type episodic. When the window is completely covered in mist and u no longer see the outside world and reality, you no longer can be helped sxb. They are stuck in that world now with the jinns and way ku dhaafeen niyahow iyo maba kala jecla waxad samayso because hada maba arko realitygi at least before realitygi waa jiray iyo irrationalitygi ba dagaal wayn ka socoday. So if he is violent, crying, he is fighting for his life, wa nin dagalamayo oo aan rabin in irrationalityga la wareegto gebi ahantisa. Kuwas ayaaba rajo gabo, kuwa qoslayo oo isla hadlayo finish weeye maba arko hada asagu normality marka waxba kama maqno ma garatay iyo dagaalkisa waxaa ka guulaystay irrationality. Kuwas waa permanent disabled kuwa la yirahdo, rajo lagama gabo.

Trust me dadka diinta leh ayaa ka prognosis fican soo ma arag? wallahi hadadan diin haysan malintasi jiiniyada yimadan(psychosis) way kula tagi karan and you will never see rationality again, dagaal dambena ma jirayso, aduun kale ayaaba ku jirta, waxba maka maqno. Aniga illahi ayaan uu jeesta markas si dacad ah waana sababta aan gabi inaan ka soo baxo sababto ah illahi hadad taqanto maka taban karo niyahow, imaanka waa arin culus ayaa garanaysa psychosis imaanka ma tabto you can still talk to god and say iga wad meeshani.

When your spiritual sxb you have god in psychosis, doctor maku cawin karo waa ku dhaafay, hoyo iyo abbe warkooda daa, ibna adanki dhan iyo haywanki dhan ayaaba shaki ka galayo mana aminayso inay yihin dad jira ama hayawan jira waxad aminaysa inay yihin wax meesha la keensaday oo adiga loo tashanayo in lagu dilo.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
I am serious hadi aadan imaan lahayn maka soo baxaysid iyo hadad ka soo baxdo nasib alle. How u handle it will depend on your faith that day and when the psychosis begins. Because diinta waa ku rajo gelinaysa inu illahi waxani ka wadayo marka aniga violencekayga sidas uma badno. Aniga waxa igu badan 'carar' iyo dhar layska siibo type.

Isku mid ma aha dadka mentally illga, gaar dagaal iyo qori bay soo qadanayan waa kuwa imanka lahayn ama kuwa is leh illahi uu samay si aad meeshani ka baxdid. Kuwa waxaa jiro iska coyo niyahow, kuwa waxaa jiro cararo iyo dharka iska siibo aniga kuwan baan uu badan ahay kuwa cararka iyo dharka iska siibo. Marka they all not the same iyo siday psychosiska ula dagaalan. Lakin markad iman gabto waxan arkay way ka dagaal yar yihin kuwa kale sababto ah imanka wuxu ku gelinaya rajo iyo sabr in waqti dhow waxani dhamanayso lakin kuwa kale ma gaban iman iyo psychosiski wuxu la wareega wax kasto realityga only wuxu taaban karin waa imaankaga dhinaca illahi wa hadi lagu baray illahi hadi a an lagu barina wallahi prognosiskagi ma jecli realitygi maba jiro niyahow marka isku halaynayan dadka illahi aan illahi aminsanayn sababto ah wa dad reality aminsan iyo realityga hadu tagay waxaa iska xiggo inay is dilan ama dad dilan thats probably the reason for suicides and violence they have no hope left because everything they knew is gone and if they had god or something beyond reality, even if reality is gone u can still pray sxb and ask god to remove u from this. I still suspect thats why i come out of psychosis early, sura al baqara baan aqriya, sura yasin, sura fatiha, and ayatul kursi.

Last edited:
If your condition is caused by stress and poor sleep and diet, then that means you can eventually get back to your former self since it isn't genetic. The only catch would be you couldn't do that while being on meds regularly and you can't discontinue your meds as they are probably making day and night difference.

Think about that more and do some research. Good luck bro.

I will pray for you.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Just imagine bedroom. Bedroom has two sides to the window. The inner side of the window is reality, thats the seeing, hearing, touching, smelling,and rational stuff right. But the outer side of the window which looks towards the outside of your room, that's psychosis and what happens is the outer side window comes and takes u out from the bedroom of normal. Sometimes it takes u out by voices, sometimes seeing jinns, sometimes it plays with ur smell, it is crazy shit. But the point is it wants to rip from reality and inside the room you are with people and take u into it's world which is the outside window.

The battle is going on niyahow so it doesnt take u away outside and that's when you guys view us as crazyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy but it's a battleeeeeeeeeeeeee that's why it's looking crazy. I pray for them when they fight back the mentally ill, rajo fican baan arka markas, when there is silence though and he is no longe recognizing rationality and inner bedroom, thats when i seriously say he lost way la wareegeen, permanent disability for life weeye kassi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts