Somaliland delegation to the United States of America THREAD

View attachment 217124
Federal Republic of Somalia ?

A3D35D08-3570-402F-A341-239C10992F6B.jpeg

ZodiaK

VIP
The stigma is broken and the discussion in the Senate has been started. The question for Somaliland is not if there will be more official ties to the US but rather when and what shape.

US looking to pursue synergies with Somaliland on issues pertaining to national security in order to counter growing Chinese influence in the region, and taps Somaliland to “serve as a maritime gateway in East Africa for the United States and its allies.”

Somaliland can act as a “democratic counterweight to destabilizing and anti-democratic forces in East Africa.”

Somaliland finds itself betwixt Djibouti, Ethiopia and Somalia in a region where democratic values are scarce, and free and fair elections have become an anomaly.

Policy in Washington moves at a glacial pace but as momentum builds, it also become a freight train impossible to stop.

I'm not being tribalist but why is it only Darod that's properly against Somaliland secession?
It's a good question that no-one really knows the real answer to. They always waffle about BS Somaliweyn and power dynamics etc. Neither of those would explain the breakdowns many of them seem to experience when something happens that will help millions of poor Somalis at no cost to them, such as the Berbera port & corridor development.
I think the most reasonable conclusion is that there is a natural cuqdad and xaasidnimo that resides in many of them.

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP

No Presidential reception? Just a bunch of odays waiting for you in an airport? How is this guy different than a famous Somali singer?

No Presidential reception? Just a bunch of odays waiting for you in an airport? How is this guy different than a famous Somali singer?
This is the United States not some backwater African shithole. Here’s the leader of India’s reception
301D2C18-FEE6-41C0-94BC-1055627D253D.jpeg
1EBA1D5B-0811-45CA-977C-A88310171FDC.jpeg
ABF0EA80-A41A-4A4F-8095-D3F4F338E095.jpeg

Most heads of state are welcomed by their own ambassadors and members of the embassy already present. President of US or high level secretaries only show up for state visits which is even higher than official visit which is what Bihi is on. An official visit

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
This is the United States not some backwater African shithole. Here’s the leader of India’s reception View attachment 217197View attachment 217198View attachment 217199

Most heads of state are welcomed by their own ambassadors and members of the embassy already present. President of US or high level secretaries only show up for state visits which is even higher than official visit which is what Bihi is on. An official visit
Then I’ll create a new Land state and make my *ambassador* greet me on arrivals and take some pic = statehood

Trending

Latest posts