Somalia becomes the poorest country in the world

Status
Not open for further replies.

xisaabiye

Ibnu Suxuufi Ibnu Al Dhoobe
I wonder how the next generation will survive back home when us diaspora don't send the monthly bill:meleshame::francis:

Do you seriously think somalis are capable of that?

Yes. Did the average Korean in the 60s seriously imagine in one generation they'd become one of the richest nations on earth?

Somalis have every ingredient to succeed except the political will. Unfortunately, it's the hardest to obtain.

Dhay Geel

"Aar kow Dheh"
Somalia has some of the best resources in the world it has
Oil
Gas
Coal
Diamond
Ruby
Sapphire
Emerald
Uranium
Iron
Aluminium

If we was to extract and start importing 1 of these listed above GDP would more than double

I was about to call bs, but I guess its true...
We still have a chance to become a great nation/people, but we need to stop sabatouging ourselves and deal with those who stand in the way of our progress. There are many foreign nations who seek to profit from our anarchy.

Bohol

VIP
I am not sure if this is true in the big cities a lot of people have money to buy cars,
houses and still have spare money to do tahriib ($10,000), were's your average
African in the other countries live in makeshift slums or buildings owned by Indians/foreigners.
This might apply in the rural areas of Somalia though.

Last edited:

Dhay Geel

"Aar kow Dheh"
Average family back home earns about $200 - $300.
Average family has about 9 people

So...
300x12 = 3600
3600/9 = $400

30yrs of civil war and anarchy, 10+yrs of terrorism, what do u expect? It's a miracle we even exist, but shit is gonna change for the better soon. Just watch:ufdup:

Btw, these poor African countries just gotta join Amisom to make a living nowadays lol

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
African governments and especially Somalia are always top heavy economically.

With most of the economy surrounding the government (if you have one that is) and the private sector suffering from ambiguous taxes and lack of property rights.

The reason the West and Asia were so successful is because they included property rights into their constitutions and are aware that it's the private sector that creates growth.

Once Somalia figures that out then there is nothing stopping us from creating a miracle like the Asian tigers. All we need is some clear playing rules and a bunch of entrepreneurs. No need for any FDI or an existing infrastructure... we'll build all that ourselves by digging the resources under us.

70906-004-B1647382.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending