Somalia becomes the poorest country in the world

Status
Not open for further replies.

GodKnowsBest

Somaliweyn Unionist
according to the CIA Somalia is the poorest country in the world in terms of GDP per capita (PPP).
Somalia is ranked 198 out of 198.
Somalia scores $400 per person per year when it comes to GDP.
Qatar is ranked number 1 with GDP of $129,700.
So the average Qatari citizen earns 324x the amount an average person in Somalia earns.

:meleshame::mjkkk::patrice:
$400? That is such a joke.

SomaliWadaniSoldier

Weeping for the Nation of 68
Interahamwe
VIP
And the worst is that our country is rich in resources.
Wallahi we are biggest xoolo.
Thanks to clannism.

This is why we must defend any new govt aslong that govt is not committing open kufr.

Somalia has higher life expectancy than many richer countries

34971328412_05205b5368_h.jpg

God bless you sister, you are more positive about our situation than many Somalis and you aren't even Somali yourself :lawd:
No problem I just really hate when people in the west complain about the stuff back home in the comfort of their homes. I don't know how they complain about something as ludacris as gdp per capita when they don't know what it's like to deal with drought, extreme poverty, poor healthcare etc.

SomaliWadaniSoldier

Weeping for the Nation of 68
Interahamwe
VIP
Most of those people are happier than those in the west suffering from depression, stress, bankruptcy, etc.
Oh is that why they make the dangerous crossing:tocry:

Africa is beautiful but i hope it becomes more economical stronger and more stable

Oh is that why they make the dangerous crossing:tocry:

Africa is beautiful but i hope it becomes more economical stronger and more stable
They make the dangerous journey because they think the west is heaven on earth when that's far from the truth. They're more developed with a higher quality of life but living in these countries can be very lonely and miserable.

And I also wish African countries were more developed but instead we live under corruption.

Apollo

VIP
CIA is now trolling us, seriously, twice as poor as the next poorest country. Central Troll Agency.

I remember this video. It was so horribly made that they needed to disable the ratings and comment section.

They disabled comments because people brought up colonialism as an excuse. Some of the world's richest countries today were colonized themselves.

It's time to stop bringing out the victim card. It's 2017. You shape your own destiny. If Africans spent as much time on fixing up their countries as they do complaining about things that happened before their grandparents were born, they'd be even richer and more successful than the West.

They disabled comments because people brought up colonialism as an excuse. Some of the world's richest countries today were colonized themselves.

It's time to stop bringing out the victim card. It's 2017. You shape your own destiny. If Africans spent as much time on fixing up their countries as they do complaining about things that happened before their grandparents were born, they'd be even richer and more successful than the West.
You seriously think that the exploitation ended when African countries received independence? Till this day African countries are still dealing with modern day colonization from the world bank, France, Switzerland, and their own leaders which exploit their hard work and earn billions from it while these "lazy Africans" are earning pennies from doing borderline slave work.

You seriously think that the exploitation ended when African countries received independence? Till this day African countries are still dealing with modern day colonization from the world bank, France, Switzerland, and their own leaders which exploit their hard work and earn billions from it while these "lazy Africans" are earning pennies from doing borderline slave work.

Ignore Abdijohnson. He's a contrarian and will look for any excuse to make Somalis look bad and whites look good. I really hope he's just a dedicated troll.

And you're right, that video is pure nonsense and bullshit.

black

live and let die.

If you mean to say it's our own fault because our ancestors lost at one point or another, fair enough. The past hasn't been left in the past though. There are a myriad of problems plaguing the third world with the developed world being direct perpetrators. This isn't even touching on politics, capital flight etc. You cannot honestly believe that a single country in this world can be fully fully left to its own devices without any foreign intervention.

The poorest countries of the world, with their weak economies made worse by factors beyond their control, cannot possibly cope with debt loads that have become unpayable. Compound interest on loans has worked to the serious disadvantage of the developing world. President Obasanjo of Nigeria put it simply in August 2000: “All that we had borrowed up to 1985 or 1986 was around $5 billion and we have paid about $16 billion, yet we are still being told that we owe about $28 billion. That $28 billion came about because of the injustice in the foreign creditors’ interest rates….If you ask me what is the worst thing in the world, I will say it is compound interest.” The overall debt of the South in 1980 was $568 billion. By 1997 the South had repaid $2.9 trillion, yet in 2001 still “owes” $2 trillion. In 1994 Brazil owed $148 billion. Between 1994 and 2001 it repaid $126 billion, yet still “owes” $270 billion. Examples like these illustrate vividly the nature of the debt crisis.

upload_2017-6-7_7-45-6.png

No one put a gun to your head to take IMF loans. How about taking some personal responsibility and not beg for money you can't repay? Loan conditions like improving institutions, balanced budgeting, increasing your exports, opening up your market and fighting bribery is not too much to ask and is actually good for you. They want you to pay back the loan. They are not a charity but you expect free money in Bizarro world. IMF loans are not the only thing to get help from. You can get foreign companies and countries to help you lay the foundation for your people; if you have resources, cut a deal with them where they can profit and in return, they build the infrastructure and teach you "how to fish". But it's up to you to make it a safe and attractive place for them to invest. If a gang of your reer whatever moryaan clansmen scare away Chinese investors and kidnap their workers and threaten to kill them, that's your own fault.

Western countries are not responsible for your civil warring, your divisions, your constantly delayed and cancelled rigged elections, your leaders pocketing gov't money, your rampant corruption, officials selling food aid in the market and many other bad things synonymous with Africans.

It's up to you if you want to continue with the wailing or if you want to change your situation.

If you mean to say it's our own fault because our ancestors lost at one point or another, fair enough. The past hasn't been left in the past though. There are a myriad of problems plaguing the third world with the developed world being direct perpetrators. This isn't even touching on politics, capital flight etc. You cannot honestly believe that a single country in this world can be fully fully left to its own devices without any foreign intervention.

View attachment 20451

Increasing corruption is wreaking havoc on the Zambian economy, as the payment of bribes has reached the level of 78 percent in 2014, according to research by Transparency International.

"Widespread corruption has caused huge economic losses to the country, and has not only severely curtailed investment, but has also hurt growth," Mweetwa said.

Funds from tax revenue and foreign aid end up in private pockets, he added.

Investors have little desire to invest in a country where corruption adds to the cost of doing business, he explained.

When will you fix your situation? It's a situation you created. You are scaring away investors who would make your countries more livable and more wealthier:francis:

"Al Shabab has blocked the main road. This is the white man's fault. Al Shabab is not Saudi/Qatar funded because they our Arab brothers. We need food aid. USAid bags of rice are being sold in the market. The white man did this. Gaalada xuun. Inkaar kugu dhacday baan kuu yidhii. Xaarka ma iska dhaqaan. Ooga booga booga. The Italians stole my great grandfather's farm".

No one put a gun to your head to take IMF loans. How about taking some personal responsibility and not beg for money you can't repay? Loan conditions like improving institutions, balanced budgeting, increasing your exports, opening up your market and fighting bribery is not too much to ask and is actually good for you. They want you to pay back the loan. They are not a charity but you expect free money in Bizarro world. IMF loans are not the only thing to get help from. You can get foreign companies and countries to help you lay the foundation for your people; if you have resources, cut a deal with them where they can profit and in return, they build the infrastructure and teach you "how to fish". But it's up to you to make it a safe and attractive place for them to invest. If a gang of your reer whatever moryaan clansmen scare away Chinese investors and kidnap their workers and threaten to kill them, that's your own fault.

Western countries are not responsible for your civil warring, your divisions, your constantly delayed and cancelled rigged elections, your leaders pocketing gov't money, your rampant corruption, officials selling food aid in the market and many other bad things synonymous with Africans.

It's up to you if you want to continue with the wailing or if you want to change your situation.
Western countries played a role in the destabilization of many African countries but I NEVER said they are the main reason for our current state, that is far from the truth.

You need to stop acting like these countries that contain MILLIONS of people represent one careless person that eats up foreign aid and loans or whatever the hell you're ranting about. I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt and take this seriously (for the time being).

My people didn't choose the go into civil war which caused hundreds of millions of dollars in the education sector to be spent on military equipment. Despite my mother being from a relatively wealthy family she still attended public school since prior to the war Sudan's education system was fairly decent. Since the civil war thousands of teachers/professors and engineers/doctors fled to the gulf due to the budget cuts which led to a major brain drain.

"It's all your fault, just protest the regime!"
Great idea! Too bad several of my classmates were shot in the head and killed due to protesting. But thanks for the advice buddy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts