Somalia becomes the poorest country in the world

Status
Not open for further replies.

black

live and let die.
When will you fix your situation? It's a situation you created. You are scaring away investors who would make your countries more livable and more wealthier:francis:

You know how we can fix that? Lift the arms embargo on Somalia and allow us to install a military dictatorship. :ahh: But you wouldn't approve would you? Muhh rights and muhh democracy. I'm sure you'll agree the West is light years ahead of all African countries. The Western form of government also wasn't born overnight. Security is a quintessential ingredient to progress. How can a government uphold laws it cannot enforce? You are denying us that which you were allowed to have. The overwhelming number of successful countries have gone through some form of authoritarian regime. inb4 Barre, no he doesn't count. He was prematurely removed. Sometimes you need a second or third cycle. People like you are lazy and want to skip to the front of the line.
:francis:

"Al Shabab has blocked the main road. This is the white man's fault. Al Shabab is not Saudi/Qatar funded because they our Arab brothers. We need food aid. USAid bags of rice are being sold in the market. The white man did this. Gaalada xuun. Inkaar kugu dhacday baan kuu yidhii. Xaarka ma iska dhaqaan. Ooga booga booga".

Who said the Arabs aren't responsible too? Countries have interests, it just so happens that much stronger countries' interests counter ours. The west has more pull in the world than the Arabs can ever dream of.

You need to stop acting like these countries that contain MILLIONS of people represent one careless person that eats up foreign aid and loans or whatever the hell you're ranting about. I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt and take this seriously (for the time being).

Find any random dude on the street and make him leader and he'll be doing the same and steal the money. I'm blaming all of you because corruption is deeply rooted in your culture. It defines you.

"It's all your fault, just protest the regime!"
Great idea! Too bad several of my classmates were shot in the head and killed due to protesting. But thanks for the advice buddy.

Well that's the only way change will happen. Not blaming whitey.

Find any random dude on the street and make him leader and he'll be doing the same and steal the money. I'm blaming all of you because corruption is deeply rooted in your culture. It defines you.
Except we haven't had this issue (to this extent) until the late 80s. Culture my ass, we've overthrown numerous dictatorships.

Well that's the only way change will happen.
Thousands of people killed for protesting/rebelling, and thousands of people participated in the stay at home strikes and nothing changed.

Except we haven't had this issue (to this extent) until the late 80s. Culture my ass, we've overthrown numerous dictatorships.

It always existed and was always as bad. The Sufi leader before al-Bashir was very corrupt and stole everything. He didn't even pay his fighters he enlisted to fight the rebels so he told them to steal and rob from the Dinka and consider that as payment.

Your current President has $9B in offshore accounts. Whoever comes after him will do the same. It's something you have to address. Your culture of corruption is holding you back

Addressing these problems is much more important than wailing about colonialism. Focus on today for a brighter future. You're living in the past

It always existed. The Sufi leader before al-Bashir was very corrupt. He was so corrupt that he couldn't even pay his fighters he enlisted to fight the rebels so he told them to steal and rob from the Dinka and consider that as payment.
Ahmad Al-Mirghani was literally president for 3 years.... He was no different than Al Bashir. If you want a good example at least use Nimeiry or someone that was president for more than a freaking week.

Your current President has $9B in offshore accounts. Whoever comes after him will do the same. It's something you have to address.
So we've never addressed this? Please don't state things that you have no idea about because everyone, even the peasants in the countryside know all of this information and have "addressed" it numerous times. Even on national television some people spoke their mind despite them potentially getting martyred.

Ahmad Al-Mirghani was literally president for 3 years.... He was no different than Al Bashir. If you want a good example at least use Nimeiry or someone that was president for more than a freaking week.

Doesn't matter who I use, 3 years or 30. Corruption existed with all your past and future leaders and it's deeply ingrained in your society.

So we've never addressed this? Please don't state things that you have no idea about because everyone, even the peasants in the countryside know all of this information and have "addressed" it numerous times. Even on national television some people spoke their mind despite them potentially getting martyred.

I doubt enough people have stood up to corruption in general otherwise there would have been cultural change. People drive cultural change and there has been no change but just more of the same. Corruption is a big problem in Sudan and Africa because it's generally accepted and even encouraged by the people. Maybe not so much support for political corruption because of their jealously of not getting in on the action themselves but everyday corruption in business, at the passport office, law enforcement or wherever.

Addressing these problems is much more important than wailing about colonialism. Focus on today for a brighter future. You're living in the past
I never even wailed about colonialism, stop deflecting.

Doesn't matter who I use, 3 years or 30. Corruption existed with all your past and future leaders and it's deeply ingrained in your society.

I doubt enough people have stood up to this otherwise there would have been cultural change. People drive cultural change and there has been no change but just more of the same. Corruption still exists in Sudan and Africa because it's generally accepted and even encouraged by the people. Maybe not so much support for political corruption because of their jealously of not getting in on the action themselves but everyday corruption in business, at the passport office, law enforcement or wherever.
It's amazing how ignorant you are.

Why did you erase the "can't fix stupid" line?

:ftw9nwa:

I wanted you to keep it. It shows how you handle honest debate with the fair points I made. It's true whether you want to hear it or not.

Till this day African countries are still dealing with modern day colonization from the world bank, France, Switzerland,

Not only did you wail about "colonization" but you said we are still dealing with "modern day colonization".

Since you resorted to insults even after I have kept discussion as respectful as possible, let me say I think you're very dishonest and shameless. You have no solutions. You call people "stupid" who offer the solutions. You are your people's enemy and your own worst enemy. Africans will go nowhere if they continue listening to you. You are the past, the current and the future of African misery.

Why did you erase the "can't fix stupid" line?

:ftw9nwa:

I wanted you to keep it. It shows how you handle honest debate with the fair points I made. It's true whether you want to hear it or not.
I should've kept it, but thought calling your comments ignorant was better.

And instead of quoting my arguments including real life experiences you resort to bringing up my erased comments in a weak attempt to humiliate me.. Nice try.

Not only did you wail about "colonization" but you said we are still dealing with "modern day colonization".

Since you resorted to insults, let me say I think you're very dishonest and shameless. You have no solutions. You call people "stupid" who offer solutions. You are your people's enemy and your own worst enemy. Africans will go nowhere if they continue listening to the likes of you
You just proved my point... I... never... blamed... colonization...

I insulted your argument (or lake thereof), not you as an individual. All the "solutions" you offered have all been done with no positive results. Just shows you aren't as smart as you'd like to believe.

I should've kept it, but thought calling your comments ignorant was better.

And instead of quoting my arguments including real life experiences you resort to bringing up my erased comments in a weak attempt to humiliate me.. Nice try.

You just proved my point... I... never... blamed... colonization...

I insulted your argument (or lake thereof), not you as an individual. All the "solutions" you offered have all been done with no positive results. Just shows you aren't as smart as you'd like to believe.

"Can't fix stupid" is clearly a personal insult. I don't mind it but I am not sure how you can say it's not. It proves you're very dishonest and immature.

This wasn't even a heated discussion; it was a simple disagreement. I can't imagine how you would act with others in more controversial discussions. Please work on your very bad temperament for your own sake when you have disagreements with others in the future.

I think Somalia has a bigger black market and informal industry. But it's still depressing to see your country literally always come at the hotty* of every league table.

Mind you, judging from some of the mouth-breathers on here, I'm not surprised.

*Bottom.

Bloody autocorrect. How does hotty make any sense in that context? Now I look like a pervert.

Poor this POOR THAT

Listen the reason we are poor is we refuse to be controlled. And thus the moment we achieve stability it will be on our term and we will benefit from our resources and growth exponentially !

LOOK AT Tanzania/nigeria ect LOOK at these poor countries where foreign companies are taken vast stuff of there natural resources You think us somalis will that happen HELL NO WE WOULD RATHER BE POOR

AceofSom

nx]\\0-9
So somehow the CIA has worked out the per capita income in Somalia. When the Government doesn't even control one city.

Many of these stats are bull, their only use to fill gaps. When they have statistics for the wealthier countries, they use random stats for poorer countries, so it gives the data legitimacy

So somehow the CIA has worked out the per capita income in Somalia. When the Government doesn't even control one city.

Many of these stats are bull, their only use to fill gaps. When they have statistics for the wealthier countries, they use random stats for poorer countries, so it gives the data legitimacy

While I would be inclined to agree that Somalia's actual GDP figures are unknown, it's hardly a crazy assertion that the poorest country on earth is also the one that hasn't had an effective government in 3 decades.

JamalNFD

JAMAL
Isn't it election season yet?

kenya_bow_arrow_08.jpg
Loool. Their will be a re run.
Bows & arrows are currently on hold till further notice. Lol

JamalNFD

JAMAL
according to the CIA Somalia is the poorest country in the world in terms of GDP per capita (PPP).
Somalia is ranked 198 out of 198.
Somalia scores $400 per person per year when it comes to GDP.
Qatar is ranked number 1 with GDP of $129,700.
So the average Qatari citizen earns 324x the amunt an average person in Somalia earns.

:meleshame::mjkkk::patrice:
I blame Ethiopia for everything! Ethiopia armed rebels who destroyed our government institutions that took decades to build.
All these other African states are still standing cause they never had external enemies who would arm rebels. Even if they had rebels, their rebels didn't destroy the government institutions rather replace the leadership like TPLF is still using the old Ethiopian government institutions. In 2006, is when the civil war ended but Ethiopia invaded only to reignite it and give birth to terrorism, a new global ideology.

Ethiopia carries much to blame followed by tribalism

Status
Not open for further replies.