Somalia becomes the poorest country in the world

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dhay Geel

"Aar kow Dheh"
according to the CIA Somalia is the poorest country in the world in terms of GDP per capita (PPP).
Somalia is ranked 198 out of 198.
Somalia scores $400 per person per year when it comes to GDP.
Qatar is ranked number 1 with GDP of $129,700.
So the average Qatari citizen earns 324x the amount an average person in Somalia earns.

:meleshame::mjkkk::patrice:

254570_970w_645h.jpeg

the only way is up

Dhay Geel

"Aar kow Dheh"
According to the CIA fact book Ethiopia has a GDP per capita 4x the size of Somalia with $1700
South Sudan x5 the GDP of Somalia at $2000

Even Malawi once the poorest country on earth has a GDP per capita x3 the size of Somalia with the average citizen earning $1200

Central Africa republic the second poorest country on earth has GDP per capita nearly double the one in Somalia with $700

Djibouti and Kenya are tied both on 3,300 that is more than 8x what the average Farah earns in Somalia. Although all of these countries are poor Kenya and Djibouti being ranked 157 and 158 out of 198.

:ileycry:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(PPP)_per_capita

According to the CIA fact book Ethiopia has a GDP per capita 4x the size of Somalia with $1700

Even Malawi once the poorest country on earth has a GDP per capita x3 the size of Somalia with the average citizen earning $1200

Central Africa republic the second poorest country on earth has GDP per capita nearly double the one in Somalia with $700

Djibouti and Kenya are tied both on 3,300 that is more than 8x what the average Farah earns in Somalia. Although all of these countries are poor Kenya and Djibouti being ranked 157 and 158 out of 198.

This is bs Somalis have livestock not money hence why they look poorer in
Comparison is hard to measure livestocks by currency

I think Somalia has a bigger black market and informal industry. But it's still depressing to see your country literally always come at the hotty of every league table.

Mind you, judging from some of the mouth-breathers on here, I'm not surprised.

But at least we are still superior to those Bantus, am i right guys?...Right? :pachah1:
How are superior to me?:kodaksmiley:
We bantu are better then somalia when it comes to all aspects of living. If you want we could compare the gdp or hdi of bantu nations and somalia, and let's see what happens:farole:

MadNomad

As i live and breathe
I will never understood the superiority Somalis feel to bantus.
They are better than us in literally every way :mjlol:

Right? :mjlol: If any group of people should have learned humbleness by now its Somalis :lolbron:

Either way, you never know what the future holds. Botswana used to be the poorest country in the world, and Somalia was one of the more better off countries during that time period. Today Botswana has the highest HDI in Africa and Somalia is at the bottom. The tides may wave in Somalias favor once again someday :salute:

Nightline Kid

Hippo Crate
I will never understood the superiority Somalis feel to bantus.
They are better than us in literally every way :mjlol:

Could be attributed to their struggle. Somalia has been through so much but we were never enslaved.
Hell, when the Italians wanted Somalis to work on their fields we basically said "no" and they used Bantus instead.
There was a saying "Bad times make strong men, strong men make good times, good times make weak men, weak men make bad times." When you are enslaved and viewed as less than the dirt under one's feet you become stronger. Perhaps Bantus have used that as an advantage.
Of course, Somali people, like I said, have been through so much as well, but there's this undercurrent of "Well, at least we're not [insert group looked down on by Somalis here]"
Somali people are very stubborn as well, and we used that to our advantage in the past. Ibn Battuta, for example, said Somali people were "too fearsome to be enslaved." Unfortunately that same stubbornness has been turned towards qabil and family instead of looking at the bigger picture, all of Somalia.

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending

Is that supposed to mean anything? Lol, 5000 people are fleeing South Sudan every day. GDP per capita doesn't mean much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts