Somalia’s National Animal Is a Leopard????

I find it strange that Somalias national animal is a leopard but last time I checked leopard aren’t even native to somalia let alone East Africa so why is the leopard our national animal and ive given some thought and think that there should be a new national animal for somalia maybe the Somali ostrich which is blue and is found only in the Horn of Africa or maybe a the camel since it was where camels were first domesticated let me know your thoughts on this topic

1603300292665.jpeg
1603300339883.jpeg

Apollo

VIP
Camels look goofy.

Many countries picked apex predators as their national symbols as it shows masculinity and fierceness. I like Somalia's coat of arms, one of the best in fact.

Nafiso Qalanjo

𝖂𝖊'𝖗𝖊 𝖌𝖔𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖙𝖔 𝖜𝖆𝖗 𝖇𝖆𝖇𝖞!
There use to be a lot of Leopards in southern/central Somalia untill they were hunted and killed for their hides and were sold off to the Italians in large numbers.

Camels looks goofy.

Many countries picked apex apex predators as their national symbols as it shows masculinity and fierceness. I like Somalia's coat of arms, one of the best in fact.
In that case we could make the Somali cheetah/Northeast African cheetah as the national animal since it’s native to somalia and is a fearocious animal that represents of fast action, patience, opportunity, self – esteem, flexibility, focus, selectivity, intensity, procrastination, activity, sight, progress, curiosity, intelligence,

1603301014910.jpeg

It actually isn't a cheetah on the coat of arms
Relax saaxiib I know the difference between a leopard and a cheetah just saying that we should change it to a animal that is more native to Somalia like the Somali Cheetah or Somali Ostrich or the Camel any thing other than a leopard

Apollo

VIP
There use to be a lot of Leopards in southern/central Somalia untill they were hunted and killed for their hides and were sold off to the Italians in large numbers.

There used to be lions in Europe and the Maghreb before the civilized world, which is quite shocking nowadays.

Humans messed up the distribution of animals severely.

There used to be lions in Europe and the Maghreb before the civilized world
Speaking of lions and big cats Lions are also native to somalia so I think this would be the best option and is a very masculine animal that also represents majesty, strength, courage, justice, and military might.

1603302005465.jpeg

1603302027046.jpeg

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
I find it strange that Somalias national animal is a leopard but last time I checked leopard aren’t even native to somalia let alone East Africa so why is the leopard our national animal and ive given some thought and think that there should be a new national animal for somalia maybe the Somali ostrich which is blue and is found only in the Horn of Africa or maybe a the camel since it was where camels were first domesticated let me know your thoughts on this topic

View attachment 148086View attachment 148087

I agree Leopard are random.

Also, Camel is not present in entire Somalia. Only northern people like it. Puntland and Somaliland.

The Somali animal should be a goat. I know, its not sophisticated or "great" but we Somalis are sh!t holes

1603302383721.png
@Dalmoor

There used to be lions in Europe and the Maghreb before the civilized world, which is quite shocking nowadays.

Humans messed up the distribution of animals severely.
Exactly, it explains why the imagery of Lions was very prevalent & glorified in the cultures of Ancient Europe & North Africa, such as the Numidians, Romans etc. Conversely, most of Asia glorifies the Tiger, since that is the dominant Big Cat over there.

A while ago, I read the Barbary[Berber] Lion could possibly be re-introduced to North Africa.

Nafiso Qalanjo

𝖂𝖊'𝖗𝖊 𝖌𝖔𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖙𝖔 𝖜𝖆𝖗 𝖇𝖆𝖇𝖞!
I agree Leopard are random.

Also, Camel is not present in entire Somalia. Only northern people like it. Puntland and Somaliland.

The Somali animal should be a goat. I know, its not sophisticated or "great" but we Somalis are sh!t holes

View attachment 148105 @Dalmoor
Camels are present in every corner in Somalia, and every Somali likes camels. We literal have 100 words for camels. Camels should be the Somali national animal.
Only northern people like it. Puntland and Somaliland.
I beg to differ. There is literally a clan in the south of Somalia called camel lovers. The camel fetish in the north is very much alive in the south also. :fittytousand:

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Camels are present in every corner in Somalia, and every Somali likes camels. We literal have 100 words for camels. Camels should be the Somali national animal.

Not many in Kismayo. galkaiyo too arguably

Many Arab countries got eagles as their national animal or on their coat of arms. Another highly masculine animal.

flag-800.png
@Apollo the donkey is a very masculine animal apparently and there are many donkeys in somalia I wouldn’t see why it can’t be our new national animal makes more sense to me than the leopard and lion as our national animal

42F8CB8F-A841-41A7-9E7F-FD04CDA1BB83.jpeg

Trending

Latest posts