Somalia’s National Animal Is a Leopard????

@Apollo said it was overacted we need a animal that is native to somalia and is original. :sass1:
There used to be hundreds of thousands of Lions in Somalia. The former government killed a significant proportion of them because they were eating the people, but hey if you want an animal native to Somalia and still is present
Then I say the CAMEL

There used to be hundreds of thousands of Lions in Somalia. The government killed a significant proportion of them because they were eating people, but hey if you want an animal native to Somalia and still is present
Then I say the CAMEL
For me it’s between the Camel or the Horse i’m surprised no one talked about the Somali Ostrich which is very blue and matches our flag but I can understand what you mean by the camel since it’s basically everywhere in Somalia

For me it’s between the Camel or the Horse i’m surprised no one talked about the Somali Ostrich which is very blue and matches our flag but I can understand what you mean by the camel since it’s basically everywhere in Somalia
definitely the horse. The horse is both stoic, majestic, unique ( within Africa at least not including Lesotho )

definitely the horse. The horse is both stoic, majestic, unique ( within Africa at least not including Lesotho )
The indeginous horses are starting to die and starve the government doesn’t even care about the wildlife either

1603307248275.jpeg

There are leopards in Somalia though. How do you think the river shebelle got it's name?

Also, there are small leopard species in Sanaag region of Somaliland.

Donkeys are associated with stupidity or with the American leftwing. :dead:

The Donkey is the symbol of the Democratic party, not the left wing. The Democrats are centrists/centre right.

The left wing sigil is usually a black cat.
iww-kat_0.jpg

Som

VIP
I agree Leopard are random.

Also, Camel is not present in entire Somalia. Only northern people like it. Puntland and Somaliland.

The Somali animal should be a goat. I know, its not sophisticated or "great" but we Somalis are sh!t holes

View attachment 148105 @Dalmoor
Dude the south has still more camels than most african countries. There are a lot of camels untill Hiiraan , bay, bakool. Probably more scarce in lower and middle Shabelle , but even in Gedo amd Jubbooyinka they have a lot of camels

Apollo

VIP
Dude the south has still more camels than most african countries. There are a lot of camels untill Hiiraan , bay, bakool. Probably more scarce in lower and middle Shabelle , but even in Gedo amd Jubbooyinka they have a lot of camels

A lot of people think camels enjoy extreme desert weather like in the middle of the Sahara or Rub' al Khali, but that's not true. Camels thrive best in climates similar to those of Galgaduud/Mudug (semi-arid with some greenery). That's why Somalia has the most camels of any country. Most of the country has the perfect climate for raising camels.

Octavian

Hmm
VIP
one of these animals should be on the coat of arms
southern ground hornbill
Birds

secretary bird
Birds

african golden wolf
African golden wolf - Wikipedia

Marabou stork
39 Marabou Stork Facts - The Bird of Nightmares | JustBirding.com