Somali women on abortions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Molotoff

Supreme Bosniak Geeljire
VIP
I am pro life. Abortion should be allowed only if the woman was raped or if it is risky healthwise for her to give birth. This is totally in line with the teachings of Islam.

But aborting just because you are too lazy, nah, screw that.

If you are a sane person with a sane partner, you ought to face the comsequences of your actions. Goes for all aspects of life.

Children are gifts.

Jake from State Farm

We pro xalimo all 2019
Nothing youre a miskiin guy who has a massive identity crisis. @Blade1 is mashallah a good sister who speaks facts and has always tried to only educate you on your culture and religion. She means the best, you should be thanking her. :rolleyes:
Identity crisis?

I am a Muslim Texan american african Somali.

I know my identity pretty well

My mind is set dear. Also, beautiful and gentle I'll take. The rest you can put here.:trash:

Gentle when it comes to killing babies btw. And that's fucked up, you got fully kawaaled. I'm still disgusted at how you implied abortion is merciful.

:vqbuyv0:

Gojo Satoru

Staff Member
Pro choice. No woman should have to carry a child they don't want. Y'all care about that child while it's a fetus but don't give a shit about it once it's born. I do agree that the use of protection should be enforced so it doesn't have to come to that.

Vanessa

Support interracial love 💕
VIP
Pro choice on some degrees like pregnant from rape, genetic diseases and saving family reputation.

For me its a bit more complicated.

In a secular country such as the UK or the US, its imperative for the government to provide all public goods to the population regardless of religion. That is simply because it is secular and cannot use religion as the basis of refusing a service like Abortion.

In a theocracy like Somalia, abortion could be crucial in curbing the amount of children born out of rape or disability. However, Islam does not allow the murder of someone with a soul.

Solution: Only allow abortion of children before the "soul" is formed, according to Hadith.

Abkaal

Mudug menaces don't mince their words
Solution: Only allow abortion of children before the "soul" is formed, according to Hadith.

Islamically the embryo becomes a human being with the soul being breathed into it. When this exactly happens is a matter of difference of opinion: while most scholars believe that it happens 120 days after conception, others believe that it happens after 40 days. So if abortion is going to be permissible, only within this timeframe.

For which reasons it's going to be so is again something scholars have differed over. The life of the mother being in danger seems to be an agreed upon reason. Reasons such as rape and severe disabilities are also mentioned.

One thing is clear though: reasons such as zina, financial concerns, saving family reputaion as @Yusra Luuza likes to say:icon lol: or simply not wanting the child are not recognized as valid reasons to abort a child:dabcasar:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending